The Ultimate Fighter question

Liam

Simple, which ones would you recommend? No spoilers on any, but I'm asking since I'm up to Episode 7 on Hughes vs Serra (which I got because I somehow found it for £4 only, sweet), and am hooked. I'd looked into getting some before, but now I'm sold on it.

So yeah, any ones I should definitely get/avoid?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I've only seen the first season (Couture/Liddell) so far, but I'd recommend it as literally the majority of fighters seem to have ended up in UFC. Griffin, Bonnar, Florian, Koscheck, Diego, Leben, Quarry, etc.

The first, second, fourth and seventh are the best (haven't seen the eighth or third). Five and six sucked balls basically. It was same old same old, but without anything or anyone really worth remembering. The first and second are probably the best if you want to see guys who are still around. As it has gone on it's more and more common for only the winner to end up working regularly.

Season 2 has the same amount of fighters still around as season 5 does. :P

2 has Stevenson, Davis (he was awful then, though), Burkman, Jardine, and Evans. It also has Guillard and Cummo but I have no clue if they are still with UFC right now.

Season 5 gave us Gray Maynard, Joe Lauzon, Rob Emerson, Nate Diaz, Matt Wiman, and Cole Miller and all are solid additions to the lightweight division. MIller/Lauzon also had a pretty good fight on the show, too. It also has Corey Hill and Manny Gamburyan who are still around (well, Hill is out for a long time with an injury now) but those two haven't really shown anything impressive.

Season six is only really worth watching for the feud between Hughes and Serra. And for the finale with Rollins/Koppenhaver (and of course Huerta/Guida). But it did bring us Ben Saunders who is turning out to be a really good addition to the middleweight division.

Zavvi is closing down, so I just copped out and bought 1,2,3 at a pretty big discount....I was even tempted by 4 and 5, but thought I'd go in order.

As for Hughes vs Serra, that was one of the big drawbacks I heard from reviews of the series, that no one was overly memorable, as compared to other series'. Although, I liked Dorian, considering he is a little bit of a nutbag.

5 was awesome. Was that the one where there was a fight on the pavement in the garden? That were fucking epic.

And I liked 7 as well, that was the Rampage/Griffin one right? JT Money was comedy gold throughout, especially when he was ripping Jeremy May and was just like "Shut up dick. Broken nose. Fucker. Prick." and his monologue when getting his haircut of "I think, therefore I am, JT Money" Awesome awesome stuff.

Get them.

EDIT: And the basketball showdown between Rampage vs. Griffin was quality as well. Grif is so competitive it's hilarious.

Edited by IAceI

Season 1 had great fighters.

Season 7 was stacked, it had CB Dollaway, Tim Creduer, Amir Sadollah, Dan Cramer, Jesse Taylor, Matt Brown so it was a fun season.

Season 8 had some nasty moments, but some great fights.

Season 2 was pretty good.

Season 3 was funny with Shamrock and Tito

Oh but Season 4 was fucking awesome.

There wasn't one with Franklin and Hughes per se, although they did guest spots on TUF 4.

I can't work out who my favourite fighter so far was. Although he could come across as a knob jockey, I quite liked Chris Leben, especially as I didn't really like Josh Kosheck already from seeing his fights in the UFC (possibly the most boring man going), Luke Cummo was just funny, Ross Pointon and Michael Bisping made the majority of TUF 3 and Shonie Carter is....well, Shonie Carter.

One of my favourite things thus far was GSP walking around in a blinged up Carter baseball cap.

Oh, and Matt Hughes is a knob.

Guest Lt Gen Potato Head

I seem to be in the minority among MMA fans (actually it's scary how much Fitzy and I like the same fighters), but I loved Koscheck after seeing him on TUF and was amazed when I discovered that most people thought he was the heel in that feud with Leben.

I seem to be in the minority among MMA fans (actually it's scary how much Fitzy and I like the same fighters), but I loved Koscheck after seeing him on TUF and was amazed when I discovered that most people thought he was the heel in that feud with Leben.

i have a wierd stance on Koscheck. I support most wrestlers, so i support him and like watching him fight. But i think he's a huge ass, so i have trouble supporting him. But it was Bobby Southworth who was the real dick in that whole altercation. I wanted to punch his lights out when that happened.

There wasn't one with Franklin and Hughes per se, although they did guest spots on TUF 4.

They were coaches on season 2.

And you take that back about Josh Koscheck. He is great.

Oh yeah, sorry. I completely forgot about TUF 2 for some reason. I was in the midst of watching 4, and had a bit of a brain melt.

Anyways, Kosheck is a knob, and the most boring fighter I've seen. I hated him before I saw him on TUF, remembered him for being boring, and TUF just showed me that he was not only boring, but pretty obnoxious as well.

EDIT: He was the heel because as much as Leben is a prick, he was trying to do the right thing. No-one likes someone who goes out of their way to antagonise someone.

Edited by rvdwannabe