Champions League Qualifying Stage Draw

Am I blind or has this been posted? Pretty sure it hasn't. Anyway a super draw for us. Good draw for all the other top teams too if you ask me. Benfica/Anderlect will be a great game if you ask me, neither are great but I'd say both are pretty good. I'd say most big teams should qualify here.

Grazer AK v Liverpool

Juventus v Djurgardens / Kaunas

Tirana / Ferencvaros v Hapoel Tel Aviv / Sparta Prague

Rosenborg / FC Sheriff v Maccabi Haifa

Bayer Leverkusen v Banik Ostrava

Rangers v Neftchi /CSKA Moscow

Pyunik / Shakhtar Donesk v Club Brugge / Lokomotiv Plovdiv

Dynamo Kiev v Skonto Riga / Trabzonspor

YB / Crvena Zvezda v PSV

Ziliina / Dinamo Bucharest - Manchester United

Basel - Internazionale

Benfica - Anderlecht

Deportivo La Coruna - Hadjuk Split / Shelbourne

PAOK v HJK Helsinki / Maccabi Tel Aviv

WIT Georgia / Wisla Krakow - Real Madrid

Monaco - NK Gorica / FC Copenhagen

Benfica/Anderlect will be a great game if you ask me, neither are great

Tell me you didn't just say Benfica isn't great. TELL ME! :angry:

Well they rule... :shifty:

Nahh they were really good last year in the Uefa Cup from what I remember. Am I imagining things or didn't they knock out Roma? I mean they are a good team from what I've seen and that's why I didn't want Juve drawing them, but still I mean yeah there good :P

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

Nahh they were really good last year in the Uefa Cup from what I remember. Am I imagining things or didn't they knock out Roma?

Actually, their games were, according to this site:

La Louvière 1 - 1 Benfica

Benfica 1 - 0 La Louvière

Benfica 3 - 1 Molde

Molde 0 - 2 Benfica

Benfica 1 - 0 Rosenborg

Rosenborg 1 - 1 Benfica

Benfica 0 - 0 Inter

Inter 4 - 3 Benfica

So... no big eliminations, although they gave a hard time to Inter. I remember watching part of that game... Benfica was winning, I started watching, they went down 3-1 (saw all 3 Inter goals), stopped watching, Benfica scored, I started watching again, Inter scored again, I stopped watching again, and as soon as I stopped, Benfica scored again. This made me realize I give Benfica bad luck whenever I'm watching :(

Yeah the winner of Zilina vs. Dinamo Bucharest plays Man Utd.

There's still the second leg of the 2nd Qualifying Round to be played on August 4th, which is the reason for all those variable ties.

Currently, Bucharest lead 1-0 with an away goal.

And after these games are done, then there shall be the draw for the group stage. And after that, the CLPL or Champions League Prediction League shall begin. Bwahahaha [/cheap plug]  :P

I hate you for not starting it up like now, but fine I'll wait :angry:

Actually, their games were, according to this site:

La Louvière 1 - 1 Benfica

Benfica 1 - 0 La Louvière

Benfica 3 - 1 Molde

Molde 0 - 2 Benfica

Benfica 1 - 0 Rosenborg

Rosenborg 1 - 1 Benfica

Benfica 0 - 0 Inter

Inter 4 - 3 Benfica

So... no big eliminations, although they gave a hard time to Inter. I remember watching part of that game... Benfica was winning, I started watching, they went down 3-1 (saw all 3 Inter goals), stopped watching, Benfica scored, I started watching again, Inter scored again, I stopped watching again, and as soon as I stopped, Benfica scored again. This made me realize I give Benfica bad luck whenever I'm watching :( 

I could have sworn it was them who knocked out Roma, must have the wrong team then. They obviously did really well against Inter though, who are no push over that's for sure. If they can hold it with Inter like that, then I think they'll do pretty well.

I'm so mixed up, who does Sonny Anderson play for? I could have sworn it was Benfica, and I could have sworn it was his goals that knocked out Roma in the Uefa Cup last year :ohwell:

I hate you for not starting it up like now, but fine I'll wait  :angry:

Well I suppose I could start it off with the 3rd Qualifying Round - but then, how many people really cares enough to predict the scoreline for, say, Pyunik / Shakhtar Donesk v Club Brugge / Lokomotiv Plovdiv? :ohwell:

As the only person to predict a Greek victory in the final, AND predicting the correct 1-0 scoreline, I resent you accusations. <_<

The Third Qualifying Round doesn't finish until Wednesday August 25th, so it'll be a while yet. I presume the draws for the Group stage will be made in the couple of days following that.

• 2 weeks later...

Liverpool won cleanly tonight and yet fucking Juventus couldn't get the win and now I'm super pissed off :(

I'm just scared of us messing up in the second leg because if we do we'll be looking like shit to be honest. Thank god Trezerguet is on form and yay Emerson is looking good after tonight from what I hear he scored a goal. We came from two behind as well and have to travel go blood sweeden now which wont be easy. Anyway 2-2 there and if you ask me we SHOULD win the second leg, but I'm certainly not certain we will unless fucking Capello takes it seriously.

CSKA Moscow 2 - 1 Rangers

Dynamo Kiev 1 - 2 Trabzonspor

PAOK Salonika 1 - 2 Maccabi Tel-Aviv

Graz AK 0 - 2 Liverpool

Benfica 1 - 0 Anderlecht

Juventus 2 - 2 Djurgarden