Muralitharan reaches 503

sahyder1

I don't understand why people have a problem with Murali's technique, it's not making it easier for himself or anything (believe me, it isn't) - its just another style of playing. Ditto to Pieterson's switch shot. To me it's like saying a footballer can't backheel the ball or something.

Rules are rules, though. If his arm bends further than fifteen degrees, he deserves to be banned. I think his stock ball is OK, but his doosra is very suss. He's not the biggest chucker going around, though, when you consider that the likes of Botha, Bird and Harbhajan are still allowed to play.

And yes, Australia's dominance is probably over for now, but we're still comfortably one of the top three sides in the world.

I don't understand why people have a problem with Murali's technique, it's not making it easier for himself or anything (believe me, it isn't) - its just another style of playing. Ditto to Pieterson's switch shot. To me it's like saying a footballer can't backheel the ball or something.

Rules are rules, though. If his arm bends further than fifteen degrees, he deserves to be banned. I think his stock ball is OK, but his doosra is very suss. He's not the biggest chucker going around, though, when you consider that the likes of Botha, Bird and Harbhajan are still allowed to play.

And yes, Australia's dominance is probably over for now, but we're still comfortably one of the top three sides in the world.

Rules are rules, yes, but they're in place to stop him gaining an advantage... And he isn't.

I have no problem with Murali's actions.....to me this discussion will end up just like issue of reverse swing. When it was the brown guys (Pakistan's 1992 tour of England comes to mind) doing it they got accused of ball tampering....just as soon as an Aussie comes along.....it will be just fine. Anyways, didn't doctors clear both Murali and Shoaib Akhtar of their actions because it is as a result of birth defect.

I have no problem with Murali's actions.....to me this discussion will end up just like issue of reverse swing. When it was the brown guys (Pakistan's 1992 tour of England comes to mind) doing it they got accused of ball tampering....just as soon as an Aussie comes along.....it will be just fine. Anyways, didn't doctors clear both Murali and Shoaib Akhtar of their actions because it is as a result of birth defect.

I read somewhere that players at first hated reverse swing, like they never meant to bowl it and when it happened they didnt like it..

how times have changed.

And yes sad to say Australias dominance at the top is over for now, but look at South Africa just a few years back they were struggling. Australia have a good crop of younger players who just need the experience, which is their own fault for hanging onto the older players right up until retirement.

I think next summer tour in Australia they will be getting back to their best.

Can we make this the official cricket topic, or something?

Well what a farce at the IVA Stadium in England. Play abandoned two overs in to the day because the ground is unfit for play (like quicksand at either end). Gonna be very interesting to see what happens here, but the WICB will be in a bit of strife one would suspect. A real shame after the awesome performance the Windies put in just over a week ago - further proof that whilst the players are improving, cricket in the West Indies is generally still shambolic.