2009 AFL Season

nufan

• 2 weeks later...

Wanna do this solo nufan or would you like a little help, imparting the great Victorian spirit and our great game on these peons?

Because I can tell you, Collingwood will choke, gargle and fall splat to Geelong next week (well, I hope not), then we get to the real stuff.

Edited by superstar2003auok

Hey man all for the help with spreading to name of the greatest game on Earth (that ought to stir the Americans up)

When I last left you it was on the eve of Ben Cousins return game. The game saw him collect 21 touches in about 60% of the game with his disposal looking very crisp and smooth, infact his disposal was probably the best out of any Tiger who played. It ended on a sour note after he took a heavy knock and recieved a concussion. Collingwood ran out victorious by 46 points, a lead that was extended mainly after Richmond decided to rest its stars.

He was rested along with alot of Richmond's stars as they took on Stkilda.

Richmond played St. Kilda as previously mention with the majority of their stars missing including former captain Kane Johnson, Ben Cousins, Matthew Richardson, Troy Simmonds and many more. The game was Graham Polaks return to competitive football after he nearly died last year when he was hit by a tram. Polak was not expected to play this year at all so this is a great sign. He is still not in the mix for the start of the season however.

In other AFL news, Essendon defeated Brisbane to play Collingwood this past weekend in which the Magpies won easily, young forward (and contender for uglist player in the AFL) John Anthony booted 7 goals.

Carlton defeated reigning premiers Hawthorn and last years runners up defeated Port Adelaide.

This past week Geelong defeated a depleated Carlton side in a game that was expected to be a complete boil over, to the surprise of everyone Carlton were very competitive but it was Geelong that came away victorious to set up a grand final against Collingwood.

I was at the Collingwood Geelong final the other night (being a Collingwood supporter) and I could not believe how much we got out played. Yeah they are Geelong, but it was even after the first quarter and I had high hopes that we could sneak a win. Then they had to go boot 5 goals in 5 minutes, bastards. The only interesting thing after that was the massive brawl at 3 quarter time when people got arrested, funny stuff.

But anyway its only pre season and I still think a top 4 finish for us is highly possible if we play the way we can play most weeks.

Collingwood are doing alot better than they should do in my opinion. Their younger players have stood up and advanced very quickly and are now their best players. Guys like Thomas, Swann & Pendelbury are genuine stars of the comp already.

Yeah Geelong are pretty much flawless right now, if you let your guard down for just five minutes they will tred all over you. They can win a game by 10 goals and be dominant for only 10 mins a quarter.

Shame about Josh Hunt though, I like the guy, he is a real hard nut.

I'm tempted to do a pre-season review of the teams soon.. let me know if anyone would be interested in reading it.

the 2009 season launch video

looks brilliant in my opinion, very clever advert

It starts right now

Cousins vs Judd

Richmond vs Carlton

packed crowd at the MCG!

If you wanna follow go to afl.com.au !!!!

Yeah it was a nightmare for Richmond supporters, anything that could have gone wrong did.

at one stage 13 of their 18 goals were from turnovers

players couldn't handpass to each other, missed set shots from 30 metres out

Then Cousins tweaked his hamstring and Raines injured his knee again.

I was pretty devestated

Congrats to Carlton, but I think even Melbourne would have beat Richmond last night

Guest mickeyblueeyes37

Dont be writing the Demons and Dockers off there wildcards and will underestimated.Carlton were to classy and have done me proud as i won 450 bucks and cousin pulled the hammy like i said to my cousdin before they drafted him we got carlton next week so interesting fortnight ahead.

Edited by mickeyblueeyes37

• 2 weeks later...

Dude your Australian, that is like treason to say.

• 3 weeks later...

AFL is terrible to watch on TV. Live it's passable but to claim all Australians love it is a joke. The only reason you southerners love it is because your brains are part frozen.

Go Broncos!

Dont be writing the Demons and Dockers off there wildcards and will underestimated.Carlton were to classy and have done me proud as i won 450 bucks and cousin pulled the hammy like i said to my cousdin before they drafted him we got carlton next week so interesting fortnight ahead.

Didn't Freo score 20 points in a game last weekend? Consider them WRITTEN OFF

• 5 weeks later...