WMMA2 Released!

So the full games been released. I've just sent my $34.95 via Paypal so I'm waiting on a license to come through. Also theres a patch out today, but does that need to go on after the upgrade from the demo or is it included in the upgrade?

So yeah, lets get some thoughts on the new game. Apparently its a lot more challenging, which can only be a good thing.

The only bad thing so far is that a straight conversion of WMMA 1 data leads to some issues. IE, the pictures not showing up, despite being assigned properly and having all the correct options turned on.

Just means that I have to play some default cornellverse until a mod comes out, which isn't too bad.

And the TOS guys were beta testers, so they're well into working on WMMA2-specific data.

Biggz told me they still have quite a bit of tweaking to do, so I expect we'll see something relatively soon, but I wouldn't put all my eggs into that basket. Some of the changes made are pretty big in terms of their effect on how things will play out.

I sat down and converted the Fight! database in one sitting last night, it killed me. Had to tweak a few of the stats, delete and re-do the contracts (I kept getting a run-time error with some of the existing ones), add the fight histories and so on. Wasn't that bad, although I did only have 40 characters to do I guess with 10 more still to make. At least its done now. Looking to get back into that after uni finishes for summer in May/June.

As for the actual game, I still havent quite figured out the balance of the game, but It's looking good. The PBP is a massive improvement, it actually gives the feel that the fight is 'happening' (which I think it is right?)

Edited by ZJ Penn

A couple months into a run with GAMMA. Anyone have advice for how to continue to grow?

Right now I have a small company PPV deal for a monthly show and a small company TV deal for a show every two months.

I've also added a few more guys to my roster, like maybe 6 - 7.

Should I add more guys? Will I eventually be able to get some of the big name guys away from other orginizations? Any other advice from those who have played for a long time?

I'm grown from national to international. The only things I've really noticed that help are:

- Don't blow your big fights. A main and a co-main are the only fights that should involve your national fighters really.

- Building win streaks. Keep your 'winning' guys lower down the roster away from each other. Win streaks seem to really help boost popularity than just getting a big win every now and then.

- Sign that Kimbo Slice guy. :shifty:

- Don't be afraid to skip a month or two if all your big fighters are taking a lot of time off. I did that and even made money thanks to merchandise.

- If you're really struggling, you could adopt your rules to suit certain fighters. That way they'll hopefully win quicker and thus take less time off between fights. Haven't tried this myself, plus I'd kind of consider it cheating but thats down to you.

Also, loving how tougher fights affect recovery time more than fights that last 2 or 3 minutes. :)

Edited by ZJ Penn

• 2 months later...