WWE: Done Right

Guest powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

Vince McMahon’s Personal Suite:

August 15, 2004

Vince is sitting in his suite watching SummerSlam on his TV when he receives a call from UPN telling him that they are dropping SmackDown! because of its low quality programming lately. Vince, horror struck quickly phones me. I am Gregory Jones, the head of Spike TV.*

Vince: Hey Greg, I’ve got a proposition for you.

Me: Alright, fire away.

Vince: UPN just dropped SmackDown!, I’m willing to give you the deal to broadcast SmackDown!, that would make you the one and only broadcaster of the WWE in the US.

Me: Are you kidding me? I’ve seen what your writers have done with SmackDown! and its disgusting. I have even been thinking about dropping Velocity.

Vince: Please Greg, you’re my only hope.

Me: Well…I’ll make you a deal.

Vince: Anything.

Me: I will pick up SmackDown! if you allow me to write all of your programming. Raw, SmackDown!, Velocity, Heat and all the Pay Per Views…

Vince: hmm…fine it’s a deal.

Me: …and I need control of all worker’s contracts, which means I can hire and fire anyone I choose.

Vince: No way. I can’t let you have that much power.

Me: I don’t think you have an option Vince. Who else is going to pick up SmackDown?

Vince: Dammit. Okay. But if you screw this up it will be your head.

Me: Ok it’s a Deal.

*Gregory Jones is a random fictitious name and in reality I have no connection whatsoever with Spike TV.

Whenever I post in grey italics it is Gregory Jones talking.

Guest powerslave_89

WrestlingNews.com

SummerSlam results:

Eugene defeated Triple H when a large portion of the face population on RAW attacked Triple H while the referee was down, helping Eugene to victory and leaving Triple H angered and embarrassed.

Kane defeated Matt Hardy in the “Till Death Do Us Part” Match with the help of Lita who turned on Matt Hardy at the last minute. Hardy was left battered and broken hearted in the ring while Kane and Lita made their way out of the arena together.

Kurt Angle defeated Eddie Guerrero when John Bradshaw Layfield interfered to help Kurt to victory.

The Week before SummerSlam on Raw Chris Jericho and Edge made up and settled their differences, or so Y2J thought as Edge turned on him at the last minute winning the Triple Threat Intercontinental Title match which also involved Batista.

In a match booked on the August 5th addition of SmackDown!, The Dudley Boyz won the Tag Titles back from Paul London and Billy Kidman in a Tag Tables Match.

Booker T defended his US Title against John Cena in a match booked on August 12th’s SmackDown! This match was ruled no contest when both men were not able to get up before the count of 10 and Booker T retained the US Title.

In SmackDown’s WWE Title Match The Undertaker brutalized JBL winning easily in under 10 minutes. This match looked like an obvious quick fix attempt to save SmackDown! and it is speculated that it may have been the reason UPN decided to drop the program that very evening.

The Main Event was possibly one of the greatest matches of the year with the “Legend Killer” Randy Orton taking on Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title in a 5 star match. Orton took full control of the match and looked like he would win when Triple H ran out from the back. Everyone expected him to attack Benoit and help Orton to victory, but in a surprise twist, just as Orton was about to hit Benoit with some Brass Knuckles, The Game clubbed Orton with a Steel Chair and Benoit made the cover for the win.

Edited by powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

RAW Preview:

Look for an explosive Raw this week with lots of SummerSlam fallout. How will Matt Hardy react to Lita’s actions at SummerSlam? What will happen between Chris Jericho and Edge? Will Triple H remain a member of Evolution and how will he react to his defeat by Eugene? Watch Monday Night Raw live at 9 ET/6 PT on Spike TV to find out!

Edited by powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

WrestlingNews.com

WWE has confirmed that it is changing its announcing crews on the SmackDown! side of the roster split. The new SmackDown! play-by-play commentator is the newly signed Joey Styles and his colour analyst will be Shane McMahon. As for the ex SmackDown announcing crew of Michael Cole and Tazz, they will now be seen commentating Velocity on Saturday nights on Spike TV.

Guest powerslave_89

I got straight to work sending a number of wrestlers to development to hone their skills. I did not fire anyone immediately, and when I had made all the necessary changes this is what the card looked like:

Blue = SmackDown!

Red = Raw

Main Event:

Chris Benoit

Chris Jericho

Shawn Michaels

The Rock

Triple H

Eddie Guerrero

Kurt Angle

The Undertaker

Upper Midcard:

Christian

Edge

Kane

Lita

Matt Hardy

Randy Orton

Trish Stratus

Big Show

Booker T

John Bradshaw Layfield

John Cena

Rey Mysterio

Rob Van Dam

Midcard:

Al Snow

Batista

Maven

Molly Holly

Rhyno

Shelton Benjamin

Sylvan Grenier

Tajiri

Test

The Hurricane

Val Venis

William Regal

Eugene

Rob Conway

A-Train

Billy Gunn

Bubba Ray Dudley

Charlie Haas

Chavo Guerrero

D-Von Dudley

Hardcore Holly

Rene Dupree

Rico

Rikishi

Sable

I do not carry Lower Midcarders, Openers, or Jobbers in the main card, preferring to let those wrestlers reach a good level of talent before introducing them to major events.

Guest powerslave_89

WrestlingNews.com

The WWE has announced that from now on all Pay-Per-Views will be joint between Smackdown! and Raw. It is also rumoured that The Rock will return to be a full time part of the WWE's broadcasts. Possibly as soon as this week.

Guest MaxMini

I like the fact that you made the backstory a bit differnt by not just going with the genral Vince randomly phones me up and makes me booker.

Looking forward to first show I''l be reading.

Guest powerslave_89

user posted image

August 16, 2004

London, Ontario, Canada

Attendance: 8,027

Play-by-Play: Jim Ross

Color Commentary: Jerry “The King” Lawler

Raw opens with a highlight package reviewing the events of SummerSlam. It shows Matt Hardy being screwed by Lita, Triple H losing to Eugene and then helping Benoit win the title and Edge turning on Y2J to retain his Intercontinental Title.

The opening video plays and we cut to the arena where the pyro goes off and J.R. along with The King open up the show.

J.R: “Welcome To Monday Night Raw live from London, Ontario here in the Great White North, where tonight we have been told that the Tag Team of Edge and Christian is being re-united tonight and they will face La Resistance for the World Tag Team Titles!”

King: “That’s right J.R. but I’m wondering about Chris Jericho and how he feels about what Edge did to him to win the Intercontinental Title?”

J.R: “And what about Matt Hardy? The man had his heart broken by that jezebel Lita.

King: “Yeah, but Lita and Kane aren’t here tonight.”

J.R: “Well we’ll see how it all plays out, stick with us folks its gonna be a great one tonight here in London.”

“No Chance That’s What Ya Got” plays and Mr. McMahon makes his way to the ring looking very angry about something as he steps into the ring and grabs a microphone.

Mr. McMahon: “I was away on business last week and I didn’t get a chance to see Raw. So when I arrive back yesterday afternoon I go back to my suite and I turn on SummerSlam, and what do I see? Eugene being torn apart by Triple H, and right now I would like to commend those of you who came to his help for the great deed that you did to help Eugene. But now lets get back to business. I phoned some of my personnel and they informed me that the General Manager of Raw “Eric Bischoff”, had booked the match. So right now Eric I think you need to come out here so we can have a little talk.”

King: “Uh Oh, I think Eric Bischoff is in a bit of trouble here with Mr. McMahon.”

J.R: “Your damned right he is and he deserves whatever Mr. McMahon gives him.”

Eric Bischoff makes his way to the ring among a chorus of boos and jeers. He steps into the ring and stands nose to nose with Mr. McMahon.

Mr. McMahon: “Okay Eric, now could you please enlighten me as to why you would put that innocent boy Eugene in a match with Triple H the former World Heavyweight Champion?”

Eric Bischoff: “Vince, did you see what he did to Triple H not just a few weeks ago? Don’t you think that…”

Vince interrupts him

Mr. McMahon: “No I don’t. I can’t have my general managers acting like this. So I’ll tell you what I will do. As of right now your powers as general manager are revoked.”

The crowd goes wild!

King: “Haha! No More Bischoff!”

Eric Bischoff: “You can’t do that!”

Mr. McMahon: “I most certainly can. But that’s not all I’ll do, because you see Eric I’m a nice man, and I’m willing to give you a shot to redeem yourself. So here’s what I’ll do. At Unforgiven you will face Eugene in a match, a first blood match as a matter of fact. And the winner of that match will become the new general manager of Raw. Until then I will take the responsibility of booking matches for this show”

Bischoff just stares at Mr. McMahon as he exits the arena among cheers of “Eugene! Eugene!”

J.R: “So now we have our first match at Unforgiven. Bischoff vs. Eugene First Blood!”

**Commercial Break**

J.R: “Welcome back folks, if you’re just joining us we have our first match for Unforgiven just the night after SummerSlam!”

King: “Yeah, its gonna be Bischoff vs. Eugene in a First Blood Match and the winner is gonna be the new GM!”

J.R: “Yeah, but until then our GM is Mr. McMahon.”

Batista vs. Maven

Match Summary: A relatively short match. Batista controlled the match entirely throwing Maven around the ring and finally winning with a Sitout Powerbomb and a 3 count to win the match.

Winner: Batista

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

Triple H’s music hits and he enters wearing his nice suite and holding a microphone. He walks down and stands in the middle of the ring.

Triple H: “Alright, now I know the questions that everyone has been asking. “Why did Triple H turn on Randy Orton? What made him do it?”. Well I am here to answer those questions. You see earlier in the night I was defeated by Eugene, but it wasn’t just Eugene, and the way all those other wrestlers, wrestlers like Chris Jericho and The Hurricane, rallied around Eugene and came to his aid made me think. And I thought, what did Eugene do to deserve so much respect? Why didn’t I receive that respect? And I sat backstage and thought and thought, and finally it came to me. Eugene stood up for what was right, and all those wrestlers stood up for what was right, while I had been cheating my way to victory, and I realized the answer to the question that I have asked myself for a while. “Why don’t I receive respect?”. And then I looked up at the TV and I saw Randy pull out those brass knuckles, and I decided it was time to do something right, that it was time to stand up for what was right. So I made my way out to the ring to ensure that Randy didn’t win the way I had won so many times. And so…”

He is interrupted as Evolution’s music hits and Orton, Batista and Flair make their way out to the ring. Orton has a microphone and he starts to speak.

Orton: “That’s very sweet Hunter. You “Stood up for what was right”. Well your opinion of what is right is dead wrong. Because you see what was right was Randy Orton winning the World Heavyweight Title last night at SummerSlam. In fact it was more than just “what was right” it was destiny. And Hunter, you stood in the way of destiny, and when you stand in the way of destiny, you pay the consequences.”

Orton drops the microphone and proceeds to remove his jacket as does Flair while Batista is still in his ring attire from his match. But before anything can happen Mr. McMahon appears on the big screen.

Vince: “I wouldn’t do that if I were you Randy. Because if you do, not only will you be suspended indefinitely, you will never get another World Heavyweight Title shot again. So just wait one second. I know you want Triple H and I will give you Triple H, and I’ll give him to you tonight. So tonight it will be Randy Orton vs. Triple H, and to make it even more interesting. The winner of that match will face Chris Benoit for the World Title at Unforgiven. But there is one condition if that match is to be booked. That Ric Flair and Batista be removed from the building prior to the match so there can be no interference.”

Orton: “Fine, it’s a deal”

J.R: “Oh My Gawd, what a slobber knocker of a Main Event here tonight in London, Ontario!”

Evolution make their way up the ramp taunting Triple H the whole way while Triple H leans over the ropes yelling at Evolution while the crowd chants his name.

Tajiri vs. The Hurricane

Match Summary: A good quality cruiserweight match. Lots of great high flying moves. Tajiri takes the momentum early hitting a Handspring Elbow and locking in the Tarantula for a few seconds before the referee separates the two. The match concludes with Tajiri hitting the Green Mist when the Referee isn’t looking to score the victory.

Winner: Tajiri

By Pinfall

We cut back stage to Chris Jericho sitting in his locker room reading Raw Magazine when Shawn Michaels walks in.

Shawn: “Hey Chris”

Y2J: “Hey Shawn How’s It Going?”

Shawn: “Pretty good, hey I just stopped by to let ya know that I saw what happened at SummerSlam with you and Edge and if you need any help with that then I’m your man.”

Y2J: “Thanks a lot Shawn, in fact there was something I had in mind.”

They both get up and leave the room and we cut back to J.R. and the King.

J.R: “Oh My Gawd, whats Chris Jericho got up his sleeve now?!?!”

King: “I dunno but I have a feeling that we’re gonna find out before the end of our next match because up next, we have the re-united team of Edge and Christian taking on the Tag Champs La Resistance for the World Tag Team Titles!”

J.R: “That’s right, and tonight’s Main Event should be a slobber knocker because we have Randy Orton facing off against former Evolution member Triple H and the winner will face Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title at Unforgiven!”

Edge and Christian vs. La Resistance

World Tag Team Titles

Match Summary: Great Quality tag team match up. Trish accompanied E&C to the ring to face the tag champs. E&C took the early momentum but making lots of tags and isolating Rob Conway in the ring away from Sylvan Grenier while also distracting the ref so they could get a few extra shots in. Finally Conway was able to make a tag to Grenier but as soon as he jumped in he was violently awoken by a Spear from Edge. Edge made the pin using his feet on the ropes as a support to win the match and become the new World Tag Team Champions.

Post Match: Edge and Christian are celebrating with their titles when they are attacked from behind by Y2J and Shawn Michaels who came through the crowd. HBK and Y2J layed a beating on the new Tag Team Champions and exited out the ramp leaving Edge and Christian down in the ring.

Winner: Edge and Christian

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

We cut backstage to Matt Hardy sitting in his dressing room with his head in his hands. Stacy opens the door and lightly knocks before walking in.

Stacy: “You okay Matt?”

Matt: “I dunno. How could she do that to me? After all we’ve been through to just end it like that. What did I do wrong?”

Stacy puts her arm around him.

Stacy: “Nothing Matt. You didn’t do anything to deserve this.”

We cut back to J.R and King

J.R: “Matt Hardy is a broken man after SummerSlam. But we have also been informed that live next week on Raw we will have Kane and Lita’s wedding!”

King: “You can bet that Matt Hardy won’t just stand by and watch the love of his life marry a monster like Kane.”

Triple H vs. Randy Orton

#1 Contendership Match for the World Heavyweight Title

Match Summary: The Main Event delivered this week on Raw. Triple H got some of his usual slams off at the start. Not a great match moves wise. Lots of punches and clotheslines. Orton hit a RKO and was just about to make the cover when Chris Benoit came sprinting into the arena. He grabbed Orton and hit a German Suplex and then did the same to Triple H. The referee calls for a No Contest, and we fade off the air with Benoit walking backwards up the ramp holding his title up in the air.

Ruled No Contest via Interference

Edited by powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

SmackDown! Preview:

Watch for an explosive SmackDown! this Thursday on its new home Spike TV, the home of the WWE. Rey Mysterio will defend his Cruiserweight Title against Chavo Guerrero. But who will be the next #1 contender for the WWE Title? And what about the US Title after the No Contest match at SummerSlam? How will Eddie Guerrero react to being screwed by JBL and Kurt Angle? Watch SmackDown! this Thursday night on Spike TV at its new time 6 PT/9 ET.

Guest MaxMini

I liked the show. I'm not sure about having Eugene and Biscoff in a match as one of the things that the WWE isn't doing right is that they are having to many matches with non-wrestlers in it.

Guest powerslave_89

user posted image

August 19, 2004

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Attendance: 8,011

Play-by-Play: Joey Styles

Color Commentary: Shane McMahon

We open SmackDown! with the usual pyro while Joey Styles and Shane McMahon welcome us to their first ever broadcast on Smackdown!

Tonight it is confirmed that Rey Mysterio will defend his Cruiserweight Title, which he won back from Spike Dudley only a week ago, against the lying, cheating, and stealing Chavo Guerrero.

We cut backstage to Theodore R. Long where he makes his usual opening of the show address.

Theodore: Let me holla atcha Hamilton. Cuz tonight is gonna be an explosive night here on Theodore R. Long’s SmackDown! you can balee dat playa. Tonight we’re gonna have a 10 man battle royal. But no this aint gonna be no regular battle royal. Because the winner will face the champ the Undertaker at Unforgiven. But now that’s not all u can balee dat. Because whoever finishes in second place gets a shot at my brotha Booker T for the US Title at Unforgiven. Now throughout the show we’re gonna be havin matches. And the winners of the matches will move on to the Battle Royal. And right now there are 5 spots available to win in the Battle Royal. Cuz ya see, I’ve already chosen 5 playa’s to be in the match you can balee dat. So its gonna be John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. The Big Show vs. Rob Van Dam. Its gonna be those 5, plus the other 5 playa’s that win the matches tonight and you can balee dat!

John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Bubba Ray Dudley

Battle Royal Qualification Match

Match Summary: Typical match you would expect from 2 wrestlers like this. Not very technically sound and fairly un interesting. To cut to the chase JBL hits the Clothesline From Hell and gets the 3 count to move on to the Battle Royal.

Winner: John Bradshaw Layfield

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

We cut backstage to Josh Matthews who is standing by with The Big Show.

Josh: Big Show, you’ve been named to the #1 Contendership Battle Royal tonight. What is your reaction?

Big Show: Well Josh, tonight I’m gonna crush everyone in that ring until I eliminate every single one of them, and then I’m gonna go on to Unforgiven and beat the Undertaker for his precious World Title. And No One is gonna get in my way.

He walks off leaving Matthews intimidated as usual.

D-Von Dudley vs. Rico

Match Summary: Rico starts out with his usual antics, holding the German Suplex position too long while enjoying every minute of it, and other similar antics. This angers D-Von who comes on hard, crushing Rico fairly easily. In the end D-Von wins with a Dudleyville Drop and a 3 Count. He’s off to the Battle Royal.

Winner: D-Von Dudley

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

Charlie Haas vs. Rikishi

Match Summary: It early becomes evident who is the superior wrestler here. Rikishi looks more like Jabba the Hutt than a wrestler and it shows in his style. He tries to get of a “Stink Face” but Haas moves out of the way just in time. In the end Haas scores the victory by locking in the “Haas Of Pain”. Rikishi taps out and Charlie moves on.

Winner: Charlie Haas

By Submission

Eddie Guerrero’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring in his low rider. He hops out and walks down to the ring with a microphone in his hand.

Eddie: Oralé Hamilton! I’m here tonight essé, to become the number 1 contender for the WWE Title! But tonight in the Battle Royal, I’ve got a more important objective essé, and that’s eliminating JBL and Kurt Angle! Because you see essé, what you did to me at SummerSlam, won’t go un-avenged holmes. I’m gonna tear you two essé’s limb from limb, and then I’m gonna win the Battle Royal, so that at Unforgiven, I can win the WWE Title too eh holmes! Oralé Eddie Guerrero, the new #1 Contender for the WWE Championship!

Eddie exits in the low rider while the crowd cheers.

**Commercial Break**

Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.

WWE Cruiserweight Title

Match Summary: Typical cruiserweight match. Mysterio hit his usual great and exciting high flying moves and nearly hit the 619 at one point, only to have Chavo move out of the way at the last minute. In the end Mysterio hit a 619 and then the West Coast Pop before making the cover to retain his Cruiserweight Title and move on to tonight’s Battle Royal.

Winner: Rey Mysterio

By Pinfall

We see Kurt Angle arriving via limo and walking in to the arena while Styles and McMahon remind us of tonight’s big Main Event which now includes The Big Show, Eddie Guerrero, John Cena, Kurt Angle, John Bradshaw Layfield, Charlie Haas, D-Von Dudley, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam with the final qualification match up next.

Rene Dupree vs. Billy Gunn

Match Summarey: Dupree got the usual heel heat as he faced Billy Gunn. The match was early moved to the outside of the ring where Dupree took control, whipping Gunn into the steel steps, smashing his head on the announcer’s table and the barrier, and whipping him into the steel ring post. Dupree eventually got Gunn back in the ring and hits a Death Valley Driver before covering Gunn for the 3 count to complete the list of entrants into the Battle Royal.

Winner: Rene Dupree

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

Its now time for the Main Event Battle Royal. Styles and McMahon remind us that not only will the winner get a WWE Title Shot at Unforgiven but the runner up will get a US Title Shot which will also be at Unforgiven.

Rob Van Dam vs. Kurt Angle vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Big Show vs. D-Von Dudley vs. Rene Dupree vs. John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Charlie Haas

Winner gets WWE Title Shot, runner up get US Title Shot.

Match Summary: The first elimination comes very quickly as Eddie Guerrero immediately goes after Kurt Angle and is able to successfully eliminate him less that one minute into the match. Next comes D-Von Dudley who is toppled over the top rope by the Big Show. In a complete surprise Rey Mysterio eliminates the Big Show when Big Show attempted to throw Charlie Haas over the top rope but Haas is able to land on the apron with Big Show partially hanging over the top rope. Mysterio runs from behind out of nowhere and topples the Big Show over the top rope. Big Show falls hard to the floor taking Haas with him and we’re down to 6 wrestlers left. Eddie Guerrero and John Cena gang up on JBL and weaken him extremely before Cena picks him up and F-U’s him over the top rope and out. Rene Dupree makes the next elimination reversing an Irish whip by Rey Mysterio and clothes lining him over the top rope to eliminate the Cruiserweight Champ. Eddie Guerrero makes the next elimination when he is able to knock RVD out over the top rope to put us down to 3 wrestlers remaining. Guerrero turns around after eliminating RVD and nearly gets his head taken off by a hard clothesline from John Cena, the clothesline knocks Eddie out over the top rope and leaves the final two contenders left in the ring, John Cena and Rene Dupree. Cena goes to work on Dupree hitting some nicely executed suplexs. Finally Cena hits the F-U on Dupree and heaves him over the top rope to win the Battle Royal. Cena will face the champ the Undertaker at Unforgiven while Dupree will get a shot at the US Title against Booker T.

Post Match: Cena is celebrating his win when all of a sudden the lights go out. “Dong!” a bell tolls. The lights stay out for a few minutes and we flash back to the ring. Cena is lying down un conscious in the ring and no one is to be seen anywhere. SmackDown fades off the air as the paramedics run out to attend to Cena.

Winner: John Cena

By Elimination

Edited by powerslave_89

Guest powerslave_89

user posted image

August 21, 2004

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Attendance: 9,018

Play-by-Play: Michael Cole

Color Commentary: Tazz

Velocity opens with the usual pyro while Tazz and Michael Cole welcome us to Velocity.

Cole: Hello fans and welcome to Velocity and it should be a great show tonight as we have learned that Big Show is in the building tonight, and later tis evening we will talk live via satellite to the #1 Contender for the WWE Title, John Cena.

Tazz: Yeah, word around the locker room has it that the Big Show is extremely upset with Rey Mysterio after the elimination from the Battle Royal.

Cole: Well stick with us folks it’s a gonna be a great show here tonight on Velocity.

The Dudley Boyz vs. Billy Gunn & Rico

WWE Tag Titles

Match Summary: A quick match, the Dudley Boyz dominated the formerly gay tag team (or at least for Billy). The Dudleyz hit the 3D on Billy Gunn and make the cover for the win.

Winner: The Dudley Boyz

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

We cut backstage to Josh Matthews with a fuming Big Show.

Josh: Big Show, what are your thoughts after Rey Mysterio eliminated you from the 10 man Battle Royal last Thursday on SmackDown?

Big Show: What are my thoughts? What are my thoughts? I only have one thought on my mind right now Josh, and that is to make Rey Mysterio pay, which is why I’m gonna face the little pipsqueak at Unforgiven and I’m gonna show him what happens to those who mess with the Big Show.

Big Show turns and leaves the room.

Tazz: Whoa, the big man is fuming at Rey Mysterio.

Cole: And he’s gonna have a chance to take it out on Mysterio, not only at Unforgiven, but we have just learned that tonight’s Main Event is gonna be Mysterio teaming up with RVD to take on the Big Show and JBL!

We watch a review of SmackDown! with Cena winning the Battle Royal and then the events afterwards which appear to be the work of the dead man, the Undertaker.

Rene Dupree vs. Charlie Haas

Match Summary: Haas won when Booker T shows up and clubs Dupree in the head with his US Title leaving the French phenom down while Haas makes the cover.

Winner: Charlie Haas

By Pinfall

Cole: We now have, joining us live via satellite from his home, John Cena. John what are your thoughts after that brutal beating from what appears to be the Undertaker.

Cena: Appears to be The Undertaker? It was the Undertaker. And I have a message for the Undertaker. If he wants to face me, then he should face me man to man. Using his goofy ass antics to try and intimidate me and then injure me when I cant see anything isn’t gonna stop me. I’m John Cena, and I’m gonna win the WWE Title at Unforgiven. So ‘Taker, I know your watching. Enjoy the time with your title, cuz you don’t have much time left.

**Commercial Break**

Big Show & John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Rey Mysterio & Rob Van Dam

Match Summary: Big Show completely dominated the match. He took Mysterio and taught him a lesson after what happened on SmackDown, chokeslamming the cruiserweight numerous times and eventually winning the match. Big Show continued his assault after the match leaving Mysterio bleeding from his mask on the ground as he exits the building with JBL.

Winner: Big Show & John Bradshaw Layfield

By Pinfall

Guest MaxMini

Smackdown was a decent show. It served it's purpose to set up some matches for Unforgiven. I'm not sure about having Cena in the main event. Maybe he could beat UT but then turn heel and feud with Eddie.

Guest powerslave_89

user posted image

August 22, 2004

London, Ontario, Canada

Attendance: 9,027

Play-by-Play: Jonathan Coachman

Color Commentary: Al Snow

Heat opens with a bang as the fireworks go off and the Coach and Al Snow welcome us to the broadcast. Tonight Edge will be defending his Intercontinental Title against The Hurricane, and Mr. McMahon will officially announce his decision about the Main Event at Unforgiven after the events last Monday on Raw.

Mr. McMahon’s music hits and he makes his way to the ring with a microphone in hand. He steps into the ring and begins to talk.

Mr. McMahon: Now, I think you all know why I’m here tonight. After Raw I was faced with a decision to make, what to do about the World Title Match at Unforgiven, and the only reason I was faced with that decision was Chris Benoit. So with that in mind I have come to a decision. It will be Chris Benoit vs. Triple H vs. Randy Orton for the World Heavyweight Title at SummerSlam.

He exits the building among the huge pop that came from his announcement.

**Commercial Break**

Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Conway w/ Sylvan Grenier

Match Summary: Conway and Benjamin wrestled a good match. Benjamin was in control most of the way until he un intentionally whipped Conway into the ref, knocking the official out. While the ref was down Sylvan Grenier ran in and clubbed Benjamin over the head with the Quebec Flag. Conway made the cover just as the referee regained consciousness, and won the match with the 3 count.

Winner: Rob Conway

By Pinfall

We cut backstage to Lillian Garcia standing by with Matt Hardy.

Lillian: Matt, we would just like to get your thoughts on what happened at Unforgiven, and if that will effect the way you will wrestle tonight.

Matt: No I wont let it get to me. What’s done is done, I can’t change what happened at Unforgiven so I just have to move on and get over it.

He walks away looking depressed.

**Commercial Break**

Edge w/ Christian vs. The Hurricane

Intercontinental Title Match

Match Summary: Great matchup. The two different styles of Edge and The Hurricane worked well together. It was an evenly fought match until Christian held up the Hurricane in the ropes allowing Edge to set up for a Spear and the win.

Winner: Edge

By Pinfall

We watch a review of the events on Raw in the Main Event when Benoit attacked Triple H and Randy Orton.

Lita vs. Stacy Keibler

Match Summary: Typical women’s match. Stacy was angered by Lita’s actions at SummerSlam and it showed in this match as she went after Lita whole heartedly. But she was still no match for Lita who won the match fairly quickly and easily.

Winner: Lita

By Pinfall

**Commercial Break**

We cut backstage to Lillian again with Y2J and HBK.

Lillian: Thanks for joining us guys, what are your thoughts after last Monday night when you attacked Edge and Christian after their match?

Y2J: Lillian, we “attacked” as you like to put it, we attacked Edge & Christian for one sole purpose. We want them at Unforgiven, and we want the World Tag Team Titles.

HBK: That’s exactly right Chris. E&C, you’d better watch out, cuz we’re coming for you, and there aint no where you can run and no where you can hide.

We cut back to the arena where our Main Event is beginning.

Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton

Match Summary: Orton took the momentum early with a lot of clotheslines and punches. But Hardy came on hitting some good suplex’s and DDT’s. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate on Orton but before he made the cover Kane came storming in and hit Hardy in the head with a Steel Chair, he then picked him up and Chokeslammed him down to the canvas. Orton made the cover for the win as Heat fades off the air.

Winner: Randy Orton

By Pinfall

Guest powerslave_89

Don't worry about Eugene vs. Bischoff. As you will soon see i've got a few tricks up my sleeve :P

Edited by powerslave_89