The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Holy shit, Daniel looks pretty good in drag. If I met him in a bar dressed like that, I'd hit it.

I know, but you can so rarely tell between him and Hank.

Daniel wears a bra better.

We know that. :P

In "Wow, what a douchebag" news, Jarret Stoll has broken off his engagement to Rachel Hunter by emailing guests of the wedding tell them that it is off. She supposedly found out when they contacted her to confirm.

Man, that is fucking cold.

Sources tell TSN the Toronto Maple Leafs have received what the team considers to be a significant offer for defenceman Tomas Kaberle.

There are few details available, however the offer arrived unexpectedly Thursday afternoon and is believed to be from one of the teams who may have been in the hunt, trying to acquire the negotiating rights to Florida's Jay Bouwmeester.

In addition to the offer received earlier this afternoon, sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs have also heard from at least three other teams who have checked in and asked Leafs GM, Brian Burke to name his price.

Toronto had originally intended on holding on to Kaberle until after the July 1 free agent frenzy in hope of attracting a better package from a team that wasn't able to land a free agent defenceman.

Sources say the Leafs are seriously considering the offer while waiting to see what other interest materializes in the coming hours.

Source - http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=282846

His no-trade clause is gone at 7 pm tomorrow, when the draft begins, so don't expect to hear anything but rumours until then. Still, the only way I want to see Kaberle moved is if the deal is really one sided for us. I own 5 Leafs jerseys and my Kaberle one is the only one that I own of a current Leaf. If he gets traded, then all of jerseys are out of date!

Also, to anyone hoping Toronto can get Tavares still. The only way I see that happening would be if the Islanders take Hedman. Tampa is desperate to add skill on their back end so would probably be willing to move the 2nd pick overall for a top end defenceman.

Edited by Toe

So, rumor in Vancouver is that the Canucks are looking to sign

Daniel Sedin

Henrik Sedin

Marian Gaborik

Jay Bouwmeester

Mats Sundin

Roberto Luongo

And trade for Dany Heatley.

...what salary cap?

TSN says that Boston has offered Phil Kessell for Kaberle and toronto's 1st pick. Is Kessell a RFA? Cause if not, that's a pretty sweet deal for the leafs.

I don't see Burke moving our first round pick, unless he is moving up in the draft.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

That's at least arguable. I still wouldn't do it if I were Burke, but it's far better than giving up the pick too.

Not that I trust Eklund, though.

According to EVERYONES favourite anonymous hockey blogger, the deal is not Kabby and a pick for Kessel, but Kaberle for Kessel straight up.

I'd shoot myself if the first trade was the real one. Getting Kessel for Kaberle, on the other hand, that I could get on board with.

TSN's now saying that it's Kessel and a Boston pick (not first round) for Kabs.

Honestly, I think Burke would be stupid to move Kaberle before the last possible second, unless he gets a deal that just blows him away.

Kessel is good, but not worth potentially losing out on another Carter/1st Rounder type offer.