The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Alright Leafs Nation, tell me why Garnet Exelby is going to be the next coming of Darryl Sittler.

He won't, but he's hard nose and guys don't like playing against him. That trade is just to open up cap space.

Komisarek to Toronto, according to Dreger, is DONE. Yes.

EDIT: 5 years at an average of $4.5 per season.

Toronto's first big addition, and it's a tremendous one. Feeling better about Burke now MPH?

Edited by Gabriel

Steve Sullivan, who would have been a great pickup for any team, has re-upped with the Nashville Predators.

Who else is left for defensemen? Zubov? I expect Kaberle to be moved by the weekend.

Sami Pahlsson signs with the Blue Jackets. 3 years. $2.65 per.

Edited by Gabriel

The Leafs may have a better defense going into next year but their forwards are still the same. From all the rumours going around they got none of the forwards that every one hoped they would. I don't see them scoring enough goals to win every night. If they trade Kaberle they have no scoring from the back end. Anyways, anyone else notice how of all the Canadian teams, that Ottawa was the only one to not do anything today so far.

The Leafs may have a better defense going into next year but their forwards are still the same. From all the rumours going around they got none of the forwards that every one hoped they would. I don't see them scoring enough goals to win every night. If they trade Kaberle they have no scoring from the back end. Anyways, anyone else notice how of all the Canadian teams, that Ottawa was the only one to not do anything today so far.

If Kaberle moves, it will bring something back in return. Probably a talented goal scorer. Anyone who takes him will be hurting for a big defenseman, and Burke will take advantage of that and bring back a scorer.

Besides, Havlat and Gaborik are both still on the market. Either man would be a huge coup.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

LAPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

:crying:

..Lappy...I wubbed you. :(

Edited by Plubby

I have a hard time believing Kaberle will be moved. He's basically the only defense we have that can provide an offensive touch (outside of White). Our power play will hit the shitter without Kubina AND Kaberle.

I have a hard time believing Kaberle will be moved. He's basically the only defense we have that can provide an offensive touch (outside of White). Our power play will hit the shitter without Kubina AND Kaberle.

Cammy plays the point on the Powerplay. No worries.

Mathieu Garon has signed with the Columbus Blue Jackets.

EDIT: That was supposed to be a joke, because everyone was like "Cammalleri's going to be a Leaf" and they were so sure of it... but upon re-reading it, it sounds like I'm just an idiot and didn't realize where he actually went... so I thought I would explain that.

Also, you're right, if Kaberle goes, there's no one for the point on the powerplay, but maybe Burke's eyeing someone? Or maybe he doesn't mind losing that type of player at this point in time so that he can fill a different hole. Who knows? All I know is, that it looks very likely that Kaberle is headed out.

Edited by Gabriel

Cammy plays the point on the Powerplay. No worries.

Cammy being who? :unsure:

I'll miss Kubina's booming shot...that was easily his greatest asset. I know Stempniak can play the point on the PP...but he didn't really show his skills much last season. Kaberle is more effective as a set up man in my opinion.

EDIT: Supposedly Komisarek actually turned down more money to come to the Leafs. Wow...if that's true I give him a thumbs up.

Our D is going to chew up players and swallow them when they're done. :)

Edited by Drifter_2000

Some tidbits about Komisarek's signing from Maple Leafs Hot Stove:

Know why we got him for 4.5m?

Montreal was offering more. So were the New York Islanders.

But he took a discount to join Toronto. A DISCOUNT to join the hated arch-rival of the only NHL team he has ever known.

During the regular season, Komisarek was adamant that he wanted to stay in Montreal, and was trying to negotiate an extension to do so … at an affordable rate, nonethess (thought to be close to the 4.5 he just signed for). Gainey did not grant him the extension, and Komisarek, who is a heart and soul player, took it personally.

Sounds good to me.

So, the rangers get rid of Gomez because of his contract, and that they want to bring in some of their younger guys... So, they then sign brashear, and now Gaborik? Gaborik is a great player, and had 23 points in only 17 games last season, but i'm not so sure it was a good move to sign him for 5 years. 7.5 mil per season.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Komisarek was a delightful surprise. Now if Kaberle can be traded for a decent starting goalie and an entire top forward unit, I'll take back everything bad I've ever said about Brian Burke. :)