The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Hahaha. It should be fun though. Price in front of his "hometown" team (Price grew up hours outside of Vancouver). Luongo against his hometown team. I really... really want a win tonight. I feel that no offence to Edmonton, but beating Vancouver would probably have a much better effect on morale and the perception of the team than beating the Oilers. I fucking hate these west coast start times though. Seriously, be more considerate to the East coast.

Nice moves by Ryan Kesler. Pieces of Carey Price can likely be found dripping from the rafters later.

So Price was really looking forward to playing in Vancouver eh... I think maybe he spent too much time at The Roxy before the game. >_>

Hahahaha Hal Gill vs Rick Rypien.

"Somebody get him a ladder!"

Edited by SeanDMan

See, THIS is the Canucks team I was expecting to come out of preseason. They're up by four goals and still don't ease up.

Effort FTW!

See, THIS is the Canucks team I was expecting to come out of preseason. They're up by four goals and still don't ease up.

Effort FTW!

The Canucks looked a lot better tonight.

But let's be fair here... the Habs looked a lot worse than they have this season. It was terrible. Perfect effort from an opposing team to give a struggling team some confidence. Now let's see if Vancouver can run with it.

It's unfair to read too much into the big win against Montreal, especially given the nervous wreck they had in net and the lack of Markov, who is vastly underrated in his own end. Even so, if the Canucks don't believe that and instead play like they just knocked off a Cup Contention Canadiens team, they could be in business.

Whooo Wee. We Stunk last night.

Obviously any time your team goes down 7-2 it's an embarassment, but I'm not overly concerned at the loss.

Vancouver was 0-3 to start the season and were looking for a huge game.

I believe I predicted a blowout against us on the west coast due to the fact that it's going to take 5-10 games for this team to really start to gell together.

No Markov and the D has been struggling without him. We signed M.A. Bergeron which is good, and O'Byrne will be back soon enough, both add lots of stability.

Also, even when we won the East, Montreal takes a spanking in Vancouver every year for the last 5 or 6 years.

Now, depending on how we respond on Edmonton will determine my pushing of the panic button or not.

And, Ryan Kessler. Amazing.

Basha, I don't think Bergeron will add much stability. He will help a bit on the powerplay, but there is a reason why he went unsigned for so long. He is not going to help much in the defensive end. Hal Gill has his place, but he isn't the best during 5 on 5. Gill is a good penalty killer, but a pylon when its full strength. I think O'Byrne, Georges and Hamrlik are the best defenders you have now, and that says alot. Until Markov comes back, the best defensive for the Habs is to attack and maintain possession.

I didn't expect us to win that game - but I sort of hoped we would get a point from it. Mind you, I had us at 0-2-1, 0-1-2 at absolute best so far this season. So i'll take a regulation loss and 4 points and head into the hills laughing.

This is kind of frustrating though, we had a high-ranking defense according to Hockey Analytics, and the league's worst goaltending (We're Number 1! We're Number 1!)

This season we're allowing shots by the truckful and we're getting stupendous goaltending from Anderson. A little consistency PLEASE!

Also, speaking of the Hockey Analytics rankings - I look forward to the "Unstoppable" Flames if Phaneuf ever gets injured and Jay "Anchor of the leagues' worst Defense" Bouwmeester is left in charge of the Calgary blueline.

I didn't expect us to win that game - but I sort of hoped we would get a point from it. Mind you, I had us at 0-2-1, 0-1-2 at absolute best so far this season. So i'll take a regulation loss and 4 points and head into the hills laughing.

This is kind of frustrating though, we had a high-ranking defense according to Hockey Analytics, and the league's worst goaltending (We're Number 1! We're Number 1!)

This season we're allowing shots by the truckful and we're getting stupendous goaltending from Anderson. A little consistency PLEASE!

Also, speaking of the Hockey Analytics rankings - I look forward to the "Unstoppable" Flames if Phaneuf ever gets injured and Jay "Anchor of the leagues' worst Defense" Bouwmeester is left in charge of the Calgary blueline.

If one of them goes down, it won't be too much of an issue. I'd put my money on Kronwall/Pardy as the most solid third pairing in the league right now, and Cory Sarich is still on the shelf too. Not to mention all the guys down in Abbottsford just waiting for an opportunity.

Craig Anderson will be the highlight of the year for the Avalanche. When they signed him, I said that it gave them a legitimate number one goalie who will steal games for them and stand on his head every night. I was right. Having Duchene show poise far beyond his years isn't hurting either. They're actually much better than I saw them being before the season began.

I'd heard he was good. I saw him like..once or twice last season in highlights/weekend games and he did well, but he's been great in the games i've seen so far, and his numbers are exceptional (admittedly, only through three games)

It's all positive signs, especially Wolski's previously unheard-of-in-regulation scoring touch, but I still think 12th to 10th is as much as we can hope for :(