The Hockey Thread

Clawson

I love how Basha thinks the refs were brutal just for Montreal (they sucked for both teams) when the Habs got a goal off cross-checking a Leaf into the line of the puck for a deflection goal. Now that was a joke.

Poni shutting up the goodbye song was epic too. Tomas Kaberle 6th in points is fucking awesome as well.

Guys, seriously: it's fucking BASHA. Nothing short of the Dyslexic Squid coming onto the ice with a sub-machine gun and opening fire would make him think his precious Habs were at fault (and even then, he'd blame Komisarek for selling him the gun). Let us ignore him en masse and hope he leaves. On another subject, who did the Wild piss off? Their injury list is the worst I've seen in a bloody age, it's like God wants them to fail.

Ovechkin is hurt, could miss a week or so. It's a big lose to have the best goal scorer in the league go down, but I think Washington has the depth up front to still win without him in the line-up.

Wow, Howard Berger is really depressing.

I think that the Leafs can come back from a horrid start and jump back into a position to compete. Yes, it is going to require determination and hard work, but the Leafs finally have a goaltender that can make the big save. I can't wait to see what Kessel brings to the line-up. He could be ready for tomorrow's game against Tampa Bay.

Toe, we`ve got a writer for our paper, Jack Todd. He`s the same way. When the team plays well, it`s only a matter of time until they fail, when they lose a game, we`re boned, if we play poorly we should blow up the team. Our fans are too noisy, not loud enough, too obnoxious, too timid etc etc... They get their ratings baiting the fans.

Poor Phoenix, They sold out their home opener, and then have had 1 other game over 10,000 attendance (11,000 against Detroit). Last night in Phoenix, 5800 fans... Should it not be the last year in Phoenix? I mean the Marlies or Bulldogs pull in better attendance. They're not a bad team, just a bad city I guess...

Atlanta tonight. Scary Carey in nets. Hal Gill is out for several weeks at the earliest... which may be a blessing in disguise. Matt Carle called up for his NHL debut... I wanted P.K. haha. O'Byrne should be back in mid to late November which will be a huge help to us.

The fans may have shown their dissapproval for increased ticket prices this season. We've got a more exciting team than last year, so there's no reason our mediocre play would stop them from coming, but as late as this afternoon there were still tickets available to the game. If it doesn't sell out that would be a huge deal here... then again fans are never going to show up if the higher ups think they can go all Toronto on us with the prices.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Yeah, caused a 40-minute delay apparently. Even worse, his mother was in the crowd and fainted after the hit.

On the plus side, he wasn't going to be figuring into our top line for a couple years (if ever). :shifty:

What the hell? Toronto cannot catch a single break!

Gustavsson was amazing and Kessel was generating chances. Yet, the hockey gods do not want this team to win. It's terrible. Niitymaki...NIITYMAKI made a ton of saves, and had some help from the posts.

Fuck me for being a fan of this team. It's like they are cursed or something this season.

Canucks have so many injuries at forward they've started a trend of having a random defensemen play forward for the night. Tonight it's Kevin Bieksa. Tomorrow, who knows!

If you look at Leafs blogs and stuff, they are pissed about the ending of the game. Me, I am just in shock that the Leafs failed to score more then once tonight. In their last four games, they have left 4 points on the table. They would be in a much better position going forward if they had won just two of those games.

As the Rangers were mid change, a linebrawl broke out. There were about 8 Rangers on the ice. Things degenerated. Foul language was used. Sean Avery wasn't penalized.

I just got some weird cognitive dissonance-type thing going on reading that post. It started out normally - "yep yep, goonery in a nucks game, hardly suprising..." then all of a sudden it was all "wait, NO penalty for Avery?!?!?" and now I have this strange feeling in my gut, like everything I ever lived was a lie >_>