The Hockey Thread

Clawson

Niklas Hagman was impressive. He is having a fantastic season and with his contract, he could easily net Burke and the Leafs a nice little haul. I didn't think so at the time, but Cliff Fletcher made a smart move picking him up. Now if Jeff Finger would live up to his deal...

It was also good to see our goaltending not cause us to lose. Gustavsson was not at his best, but unlike Toskala, he was able to play good enough to give us the win.

Oh fuck off, Toe. Toskala has been bailing the defense out constantly and playing really well over the last few games. They might not be getting the W's to show for it, but unlike tonight, that's what happens when you go all-in on Kessel.

Toskala kept us in the Chicago game and was good against Washington. Against the Islanders, he allowed three goals on three consecutive shots before pulling himself from the game. Gustavsson has not allowed weak goals on a consistant basis while Toskala has. I don't know if you watch the games, but the amount of times Toskala is beat by wrist shots over the glove would make you cringe.

Our defence has been improving since the first week of the season and Toskala has been able to take advantage of that in his recent starts. I would not say Toskala has been bailing them out. Over the last 3 or 4 Toskala has been a bit better, but he has not been good enough to instill confidence in me. Coming into this season, I was rooting for Toskala to come back. Last year I said he was one of the better goaltenders in the East. However, Toskala has not improved his numbers from last year and has played himself out of a starting spot. The Leafs started to gain points AFTER Toskala was hurt and Gustavsson replaced him.

I've updated my blog, this time talking about Nik Hagman.

Edited by Toe

Mention Toskala on PPP and you're likely to get burned alive. The guy has lost it except for the odd time he pulls a miracle out of his ass.

Hagman on the other hand is sex and at 3 million, should never never ever ever be considered for a trade.

...unless another GM gets a boner for him and offers Burke something amazing. I think, with the length remaining on his deal, he could be an important piece in the Leafs competing for the playoffs in the next two seasons.

Interesting note: Roberto Luongo debuted in 1999 with a 2-1 New York Islanders victory over Boston. After that point, for his career, he had never been a .500 goaltender. He came to Vancouver a few years back in a trade and was 53 games below five hundred. His last win brought him to 53 games above five hundred on his Canucks career and with a win tonight he would now have a winning record on his career for the first time in a decade.

Got my tickets to the Centennial game against Boston on Friday. It should be unbelievable!

Toronto tomorrow night. Somehow they've put 2 in a row together, I'd seriously hate to lose to Toronto, but the season series seems to always be tied in the end no matter how terrible one team may be. If we play like we did against Washington it should be in the bag pretty easily, especially with Gomez back. If we play like we did against Pittsburgh well then I get to listent to Clawson's raging boner cream all over his screen when Toronto wins hahaha.

Should be a fun week for the Habs.

Also, Markov could be back at Christmas! Yay!

On the subject of tickets.

twotickets.jpg

December 18th, Alexander Ovechkin and the Capitals.

Happy Birthday SDM. :D

Awesome! I love Capitals games. I'll never forget we went 2 years ago to see him, and I believe the game or 2 before we had shut out Washington 4-0. In the game Ovechkin scores 4 goals in a 5-4 OT win and after the game his comments were; "Last time, Montreal score 4 goals. Tonight. Ovechkin score 4 goals!"

Instant love.

This will be my first Canucks game in a long time. Only my second or third in GM Place, and my first hockey game since the Giants game Beeker and I went to. I am looking forward to it.

This will be my first Canucks game in a long time. Only my second or third in GM Place, and my first hockey game since the Giants game Beeker and I went to. I am looking forward to it.

After the knee on knee tonight, Ovechkin may have injured himself and he may be out for some time.

Vancouver Vs Washington minus Ovechkin on the 18th maybe.

Happy birthday Sean. haha.