The Hockey Thread

Clawson

...what was he thinking? That guy is basically their meal ticket, AND, not only did he whack him across the side of the head, but instead of realizing he'd made a boneheaded play, he pulled back his stick TO FINISH THE JOB. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS THOUGHT PROCESS.

...what was he thinking? That guy is basically their meal ticket, AND, not only did he whack him across the side of the head, but instead of realizing he'd made a boneheaded play, he pulled back his stick TO FINISH THE JOB. WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIS THOUGHT PROCESS.

"That's the problem coach, I just wasn't thinking."

That will be the excuse, and if Vokoun is out, they can't afford to suspend Ballard for being a retard. Since he got there though, Tomas Vokoun has stood on his head for the Panthers. You'd think the defensemen would be more careful about protecting him, and less worried about smashing their sticks.

I'd love if the NHL suspended him. That would be win.

I honestly think that they should. His reckless abandon put another player in danger. Whether it was a teammate or not, he did what he did, and I think it's a suspendable offense. 2 Games for being a retard, is what I would give him.

EDIT: Panthers say Vokoun is fine.

Edited by Gabriel

I doubt that it will officially be two games for being a retard, but basically yes. :D

Maple Leaf Gardens will be saved the indignity that was served upon the Montreal Forum. They're re-opening the second most famous arena in the world as a rink/grocery store. I say the fact that it retains a rink puts it miles ahead of the Forum now being an AMC theatre.

I found something me and Basha can agree on:

The NHL needs a Heritage Classic 2 in Toronto against Montreal. Instead of being played at BMO Field, it should be played at Maple Leaf Gardens, the greatest arena in history (except for MSG).

And MLG is more historic than the Forum for 3 reasons:

1. The Beatles

2. More famous concerts in general

3. Muhammad Ali

I'd put the Forum as a more important hockey arena. I agree with overall fame, but I feel that the Forum, is easily the most famous hockey venue. MSG definitely the most famous venue period. MLG definitely more important than the forum outside of hockey.

I think it'd be sick to have a Habs/Leafs game at MLG. I wish they could do it at the Forum obviously, but since that's gone haha. I think it being in an Original 6 arena with so much prestige would be awesome. Unfortunately I think that both teams would need to be East contenders to do the game justice, so break and come back in 3-5 years each haha. It'd also be cool if they did an old-timers game beforehand like in the first one. Imagine seeing guys like Lafleur, Dryden, Gilmour or Sittler on the ice against each other, on MLG ice... it would be incredible.

I will officially be sitting 2 rows from the very back having paid 4 times face value for tickets (100$) to see the Centennial game. I just want to be there.

Only if Montreal loses.

Nah. When you watch a Leafs/Habs game, you know your getting intensity and entertaining hockey. Even if Montreal wins by 5, it is fun to see Toronto get all chippy and Colton Orr taking runs at people.

By the way, Orr scored. HA!