The Hockey Thread

Clawson

So not only does he not have an Olympic gold medal, but now Craig Anderson won't win a playoff series either.

Must be disappointing backing such a loser. Hope those stats can console you Plubby.

Why's that?

They've brought him up once already this year for 2 games (was a +2 in 2 games where Montreal got out scored 9-3), and they brought up Weber last year in the playoffs when half our D went down and that was his first NHL experience.

Subban has played a full year in the AHL, he was 3rd in Defensemen scoring and finished +46 or something ridiculous like that. Montreal needs a call up, and Subban is clearly the best choice as far as skill set. If anything he's the only player I'd want to call up for tonight...

What's the harm anyways? He'll play 15 minutes of hockey, if that really... Montreal will lose 4-1 or 6-2 or something and he rejoins the Bulldogs for the rest of the Calder Cup.

A pretty good experience for a guy who's already handled the attention of the World Juniors, being a top Habs draft prospect and being amongst the best players in the AHL in his rookie year.

Yeah, I'm aware that Montreal colossally mishandled Price, but Gauthier hasn't yet annointed Subban as the franchise saviour haha.

I like how the smattering boo's that the US anthem receives from some seperatist idiots always draws this scathing media response. Shit some nights we boo the Canadian anthem too... we're equal opportunity haters.

Nah, to be honest, it bothers me when it gets boo'd but they make it seem that 21,273 are doing it and not the 300-400 in the cheap seats.

Love the comments on that blog.

Not sure who that is for the isle but he looks like he’s getting ready to reach for his goalie stick. Ha

Anderson looks like a rapist in a mask and takes the cake right here

So Halak just turned in one of the finest goaltending performances I've ever seen. It's gotta be a top 3 for at least the last few years, it was insane.

Regardless of what happens wednesday(read: when Montreal get's bounced, cause there's no way we're taking 3 in a row against Washington), I think it's safe to say that any questions of the strength of the Canadiens goaltenders has been put to rest. Halak has stopped 90 of the last 92 shots he's faced for a mind boggling .981 save %age.

PK Subban was a force last night. He played limited minutes but made his presence felt. On his very first shift he threw a huge hit, and he just kept going from there. Great passes, lightning fast, made good decisions all night. Although when he made that sweet between the legs pass infront of his own net, I think Gord Miller summed it up perfectly "He's either the coolest guy in the dressing room, or has no idea he's in a game 6 in the Stanley Cup playoffs."

I can't wait to see him play a full season.

Bruce Boudreau makes the best facial expressions, and is probably my favourite coach to see in the post game interviews just because when the Caps lose, he is so overcome with rage. Check out the TSN post game video, it's pretty funny the way he stares down the guys who ask some of the questions.

Ovechkin(who will likely score 3 or more in game 7) was clearly frustrated after the game. Saying how Washington just made Halak look good and they did that last year also with Lundqvist etc... When a goalie turns in a performance like that... you didn't make him look good. The saves he made were spectacular all night. He got hung out to dry really. He was making stops on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th attempts. He was stopping breakaways, one timers, on 3 situations. He made himself look good.

I really really really really really really want Montreal to complete the greatest playoff upset since the 1970's when Boston finished 30 points ahead of Montreal and fell in 6 or 7... but I just don't see it happening.

In any case, like I've said before that doesn't matter because...

YOU GOTSTA BEEELLLLIIIIEEEEVVVVVEEEEE!!!!!!

EDIT:

Further proof that this was a miracle, and that the ghosts of the Old Forum may have had something to do with last nights win... It's snowing in Montreal this morning.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank