The Hockey Thread

Clawson

CBC just showed a bunch of possible Pittsburgh penalties when Montreal has had just as many. It's quite sickening to watch.

So Montreal gets dominated again and they win. This is getting fucking retarded. All they manage to do it chip it out and dump it in and somehow get 3 flukey goals to win. Somebody should Kyperos Halak's knee.

Edited by Clawson

38,405 seats between Mellon Arena/Bell Centre and not a classy fan between the two :(

At least they are loud and watching playoff hockey, unlike the 18,800 in the ACC.

I wish people would just stop talking about missed calls and stuff. Both sides get calls, and both sides have calls go against them. A good team can deal with it and still win. A bad team uses a missed call as a crutch.

38,405 seats between Mellon Arena/Bell Centre and not a classy fan between the two :(

:rolleyes:

I wish people would just stop talking about missed calls and stuff. Both sides get calls, and both sides have calls go against them. A good team can deal with it and still win. A bad team uses a missed call as a crutch.

So were Canadiens fans setting themselves up for an excuse by booing every single time one of their players fell over?

So were Canadiens fans setting themselves up for an excuse by booing every single time one of their players fell over?

Get over it. The game was in Montreal. What did you expect? Do you want them to sit on their hands? Fans in every arena boo when their players get hit or tripped or anything and there is no call, even if the play is clean. It happens in Montreal and NEWSFLASH~!, it happens in Pittsburgh too.

Edited by Toe
  • Like 1

Get over it. The game was in Montreal. What did you expect? Do you want them to sit on their hands? Fans in every arena boo when their players get hit or tripped or anything and there is no call, even if the play is clean. It happens in Montreal and NEWSFLASH~!, it happens in Pittsburgh too.

Not like that it doesn't. They were fucking bitching about EVERYTHING! A Pens player would come within a few feet of a Habs player, they'd boo. A Habs player would fall down ON HIS OWN and they'd boo like he was picked off from the Pens bench with a sniper rifle.

It was fucking pathetic. Even the Pens radio broadcast noticed it. They couldn't believe it. They were nothing but respectful towards Habs fans but they had to admit that they were fucking insane tonight.

It was a total joke. It was comical. It might happen elsewhere but not to the effect that it happened tonight. Every five seconds you would see those French douchebags standing up with their arms extended begging for a call. It was fucking pathetic.

Not like that it doesn't. They were fucking bitching about EVERYTHING! A Pens player would come within a few feet of a Habs player, they'd boo. A Habs player would fall down ON HIS OWN and they'd boo like he was picked off from the Pens bench with a sniper rifle.

It was fucking pathetic. Even the Pens radio broadcast noticed it. They couldn't believe it. They were nothing but respectful towards Habs fans but they had to admit that they were fucking insane tonight.

It was a total joke. It was comical. It might happen elsewhere but not to the effect that it happened tonight. Every five seconds you would see those French douchebags standing up with their arms extended begging for a call. It was fucking pathetic.

It sounds to me like you dislike the Montreal fan base because they are passionate. If they are bothering the Penguins players as much as they are bothering you and those radio broadcasters, then they are doing a good job.

• Like 1

It sounds to me like you dislike the Montreal fan base because they are passionate. If they are bothering the Penguins players as much as they are bothering you and those radio broadcasters, then they are doing a good job.

There's a big difference between being passionate and being whiney douchebags. Habs fans crossed that line a LONG time ago.

I don't mind fans cheering their team. But the fans in Montreal insisted that every time one of their players hit the ice, was bumped, was skated by, etc. it deserved a penalty. It was fucking ridiculous.

It was a joke. Fans all over the NHL can see it, Habs fans can't.

And the way the team and the fans celebrated post-game it's almost like they think this series is already over. Hell, PK Subban was talking about winning the Stanley Cup.

Montreal fans are a fucking joke. And this game proved it.

I would agree with you if they were doing idiotic things like rioting or fighting in the stands, but these people are just cheering for their team. To call them a "fucking joke" is ridiculous, and to call an entire group of people "whiney douchebags" is going a bit far.

Why can't PK Subban talk about winning the Cup? He is in the playoffs and currently 2-2 against the defending Stanley Cup champions after watching his team beat the #1 team from the East in the previous round. I still don't think the Canadiens are going to move on, but I would be very optimistic if I was on the Canadiens and had just evened the series.

I think the focus shouldn't be on fans or on "missed calls" but instead on the action on the ice. Instead of worrying about fans that are bugging you, why don't you instead talk about what the Penguins need to do to win the next game. Montreal was really outplayed in that game, but Halak was truly amazing.

• Like 1

Crosby gets hit more after the whistle than any hockey player in the NHL

May I ask where you pulled that 'fact' out from?

Chase, I think Toe summed it up perfectly, so I don't think there's much else to say.

Clawson... Uh... Pittsburgh's first goal came off a non call which made a 2 on 0 and their second came off a flukey bounce... So... it went both ways tonight. Montreal's finding ways to win, sorry it's not to your liking.

There's a big difference between being passionate and being whiney douchebags. Habs fans crossed that line a LONG time ago.

That's rich coming from you. :lol:

• Like 1

Clawson... Uh... Pittsburgh's first goal came off a non call which made a 2 on 0 and their second came off a flukey bounce... So... it went both ways tonight. Montreal's finding ways to win, sorry it's not to your liking.

Thats what I was arguing. Though I don't think the 2 on 0 thing was a penalty, more of a tangle between two players. The second goal is more questionable despite looking like a dive, yet the refs usually call those trips anyways.

And while the booing everything is kinda annoying, most fans do it. If you're going to make fun of Montreal fans it's easy to point out that:

1) They have to be told who the Americans are on their team so they don't boo the national anthem.

2) They threw garabage on the ice last night after a penalty call.

Both of those are examples of pathetic fans, not booing non-calls.