Europa League 09-10 Thread

The point isn't that Mourinho isn't good enough, its more that there wouldn't be ANY reason for him to leave Inter and join ANY club at the moment.

Essentially he's been given a dream set of circumstances and now has one of the best European teams in the world AND has enough money to keep it running (unlike Porto where you KNEW players would leave straight after the CL victory)

If Liverpool were to get a new manager (without a new takeover) I'd think more along the lines of Mark Hughes, who'd be essentially forced to sell Gerrard or Torres in order to finance a complete restructure of the team, who would have to piss about the mid-table for a few years before being able to Europe until they found a new investor/struck lucky.

Liverpool could very easily be the next Newcastle if they are forced to cut back even more.

The point isn't that Mourinho isn't good enough, its more that there wouldn't be ANY reason for him to leave Inter and join ANY club at the moment.

Apart from maybe the million times he mentioned he hates the Serie A and wants to return to England? :rolleyes:

Mourinho isn't realistic at all. He's at a team that is one game away from winning the Champions League, are favourites to win Serie A this year, and that gives him quite a lot of money to spend on new players. Why would he trade all that for a team that's going to be playing in the Europa League next year and has extremely little money to spend on new players? If he leaves Inter this year, he'll be off to Real Madrid. The reports today are that Hodgson is being lined up incase Rafa leaves, that's a lot more probable than you getting Mourinho.

Essentially he's been given a dream set of circumstances and now has one of the best European teams in the world AND has enough money to keep it running (unlike Porto where you KNEW players would leave straight after the CL victory)

If Liverpool were to get a new manager (without a new takeover) I'd think more along the lines of Mark Hughes, who'd be essentially forced to sell Gerrard or Torres in order to finance a complete restructure of the team, who would have to piss about the mid-table for a few years before being able to Europe until they found a new investor/struck lucky.

Liverpool could very easily be the next Newcastle if they are forced to cut back even more.

There's barely any doubt over him leaving actually, whether they win the CL or not. Them doing so just confirms even more that his job is done there. I don't see him going to Liverpool what so ever, but I'd be very surprised if he's still at Inter next season.

Actually, I think you'll find there is.

Even though he hates the Italian press that won't exactly stop him from staying there, I can think of plenty of managers who just left their assistant manager to talk to the press because they couldn't be bothered facing the media.

Plus, Mourinho has been quoted as saying that his bond with Inter is far greater than it ever has been with any football club before, including Chelsea.

Then there's the whole thing of if he left Inter... where WOULD he go?

Man United? Fergie is still there

Real Madrid? And see his reputation fall to pieces because he has no real say in the team

Liverpool? Europa League and debt

Chelsea? lol

Barcelona? Pep is still there and he'd be HATED there.

Any other Serie A Team? It's a step down

Bayern? Van Gaal is working wonders there

Man City? No, at least 'not yet'

There really doesn't seem to be a clear option where he would be able to go to other than staying at Inter.

Even though he hates the Italian press that won't exactly stop him from staying there, I can think of plenty of managers who just left their assistant manager to talk to the press because they couldn't be bothered facing the media.

It's not just the press though, it's also the Italian FA and the country in general.

Plus, Mourinho has been quoted as saying that his bond with Inter is far greater than it ever has been with any football club before, including Chelsea.

Then there's the whole thing of if he left Inter... where WOULD he go?

Man United? Fergie is still there

Real Madrid? And see his reputation fall to pieces because he has no real say in the team

Liverpool? Europa League and debt

Chelsea? lol

Barcelona? Pep is still there and he'd be HATED there.

Any other Serie A Team? It's a step down

Bayern? Van Gaal is working wonders there

Man City? No, at least 'not yet'

There really doesn't seem to be a clear option where he would be able to go to other than staying at Inter.

There's way more to it than a bit of disagreement with the press. It goes a hell of a lot deeper than that actually. If Jose wins the CL, his job is done. I cant see any way possible that he'll last more than one season with Inter and even that would be a massive surprise. He's almost all but confirmed he'll be out the door after this season, where it's to doesn't really bother me what so ever. The entire thing is bigger than some actually seem to think and the press isn't the complete main issue of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost had to turn it off after the commentators went on for over two hours about how amazing Forlan is. He's good, he's not fucking amazing, but this was Channel 5, who talk a tonne of shit.

Absolutely gutted for Fulham. Over the entire tournament, not a single team has deserved it more than them. Been immense :(

• Like 1

Absolutely gutted for Fulham. Over the entire tournament, not a single team has deserved it more than them. Been immense :(

Bremen dident even loose one game, we had deserved it more than you. :crying:

Fulham had a ten times harder task than Bremen ever had, including much tougher opposition (Y)