***SPOILERS*** House Season 6

probablyoliver

So yeah, premiere of season 6 of House t'other night, and God damn what a fantastic episode. After a somewhat lackluster season 5 (it started and ended pretty well, and the hallucinations of Amber in the last few episodes were brilliantly done, but the House/Cuddy thing was kinda forced and Kutner's suicide blew chunks), we were treated to the best season premiere yet, and possibly one of the best episodes of the show's entire run. The secondary characters were all fantastic, especially Alvie, Lydia and Nolan, and the end of it all with House finally giving in and admitting to his problem (and the fact he needs help) was just lovely.

Problem is, where do they go from here? I mean, the only thing I want to see less than House off the drugs is House relapsing and going back, because the show's always had the problem of not taking risks as far as characters go, we never really see anyone veer off slightly from their set character, which has seen the likes of Cuddy, Cameron, Chase and Foreman become somewhat stale in seasons 4 and 5.

But yeah, I've ranted long enough, what did everyone else make of it?

I loved this episode(s?), it felt more like 24: Redemption than a regular season opener. It could easily stand on its own as a story starring House. Like you said though the show tends to threaten to shake up status quo, conveniently towards the end and opening of seasons so we'll see how this will change who House is and how he treats his co-workers/patients long-term. House is my favourite procedural so I will most likely stick around even if the show returns to its standard-format but I really really would like for some real changes to take place in the characters, every supporting character in this one story felt more fleshed out and interesting than the main supporting cast have in ages.

With House falling for the German chick, only to have it end how it did, I'm hoping the experience has soured him on relationships, especially those that involve Cuddy, I just don't think those two being together improves the show.

I'm looking forward to the next episode and came away more interested in the character of House, you really can't ask for a better opener than that.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JukeboxHero

Found some images from Fox's advertising campaign for House from over the summer. Fuckin awesome.

house-caduceus_l.jpg?w=500&h=643

rv3-large-hi-res.jpg

The last one's my favorite.

I thought the first episode of the season was great as a character study episode. House was in absolutely every seen and it was great to see him evolve and learn more about himself throughout the episode.

Last week's episode was all right for me. It'll be interesting to see exactly how much the character of House has actually changed when he returns to the hospital.