Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire ***SPOILERS***

Laice07

Dumbledore could be part of Godric Gryffindors blood. He knew about the sword which means he could of wielded it himself.

If you want to take the article below into consideration, the Half-Blood Prince can now be ANYBODY, other than Harry Potter, Voldemort, Tom Riddle and Mark Evans (all characters which Rowling already denounced as HBP possibilities). This was the article, you can find it in the FAQ section on the site:

Why are some people in the wizarding world (e.g., Harry) called 'half-blood' even though both their parents were magical?

The expressions 'pure-blood', 'half-blood' and 'Muggle-born' have been coined by people to whom these distinctions matter, and express their originators' prejudices. As far as somebody like Lucius Malfoy is concerned, for instance, a Muggle-born is as 'bad' as a Muggle. Therefore Harry would be considered only 'half' wizard, because of his mother's grandparents.

If you think this is far-fetched, look at some of the real charts the Nazis used to show what constituted 'Aryan' or 'Jewish' blood. I saw one in the Holocaust Museum in Washington when I had already devised the 'pure-blood', 'half-blood' and 'Muggle-born' definitions, and was chilled to see that the Nazis used precisely the same warped logic as the Death Eaters. A single Jewish grandparent 'polluted' the blood, according to their propaganda.

My theory: the Half-Blood Prince will not be half-blooded. It will be either a pure-blood or a Muggle-born character, but coined 'half-blooded' by Voldemort and his supporters just because of their racial hatred. Everyone seems to think the HBP will be half-blooded by fact, but I think the HBP will be pure/Muggle-blooded by definition because it would come as a major plot surprise.

People are often labeled what they shouldn't be. People can be degraded because of their actions or beliefs. People are often held to expectations that they can't often meet or don't want to meet. The phrase "you aren't half the man your father/brother/grandfather was" explains my theory in some respect.

This line of thinking leads me to think that maybe this "prince" is a pure-blood who defied the ways of his pure-blood lineage and was labeled a "half-blood" by them in turn. A couple of people this could reflect on would be Neville Longbottom, Sirius Black, Severus Snape(possibly), and Draco Malfoy. All of them are pure-bloods(except maybe Snape) who could be looked at by their family (or by others) and labeled as "half-bloods" for their actions against their "pure" lineage. Draco would of course need to do something good to qualify but he has the potential supposedly if you believe in certain theories.

A prince trashed on and forgotten by a mass of people, only to rise again, would definitely make for a nice plot don't you think?? :D

I'm gonna guess that the half-blood prince is either Ron,Lucius or Hermonie.

It could be Hermonie just to throw people off seeing as she is half-blood anyways. The legend, or whatever, of a half-blood prince could have been slightly wrong with gender etc. That'd be a good swerve.

Guest fullhouse

Is it just me or does any one else think they better start filming these things two at a time, like LOTR or The Matrix. The cast mainly the kids are getting older and at this rate by the time the 6th movie is made they'll be college graduates.

Just something I been wondering about since the end of the second Potter movie.

THey are getting older, but by the time they do the 7th movie(which I hope they do) they'll be around 20-22, playing 17/18 year olds, so its not that farfetched, even though filming 2 at a time isn't such a bad idea.

Guest Thalionatariel

I dunno if Neville is the half-blood prince, but I reckon he's going to be the one to defeat Voldemort, like in the prophecy. I mean, Harry's pretty useless, like always needing people's help and stuff. (not that Neville's any less useless) Or at least Neville will help Harry out in some way, maybe give him his wand so he can duel with Voldemort?

I don't get where this whole prince thing comes from, there isnt wizard royalty, unless it's a prince of the muggle world. *confuses self*

And I can't wait till December 2005 for the movie! *reads books again, and feels kinda sad for liking kids books so much*

And I can't wait till December 2005 for the movie! *reads books again, and feels kinda sad for liking kids books so much*

It's not our faults if we get hooked on amazing books :D

Another thing about the books, we don't know what Wormtail has been up to. Oh and where will Kreacher stay! Harry will probably own Grimlaund(I know I spelled wrong) place, so Kreacher will probably go with the Malfoys, or to Sirus' cousin. For some reason I see Dobby killing Kreacher. I know I would :angry: