The Aftermath of Attitude - Preview and Hype

Anyone who's been following my failed scenario attempts know that 9/10 times they die, well this is one I don't want to die and actually is closer to completion that most of the other, since I last posted about this I've move it from EWR to TEW (since the plan was to get it finished before the monthly updates) and to expand it into the new regions opened by TEW and so far its gone well.

For those who want to know "what the fuck is this about", the brief of the scenario is this.

Set in January 2010, the wrestling world has gone through a tough few years with a massive slump in the industry due to fans leaving in the "Aftermath of Attitude" as well as global and economical slumps, promotions have survived some have fallen however 2010 is the start of the revival of professional wrestling in the world.

Now I'll be trying to update this as much as possible, I tend to work on this now in between updating the monthly TEW updates so got loads more free time to work on it now since their able to contain themselves for now. So here's hoping I get round to finalising all these things and getting it released (and if not I'll most likely release it early with some of the info stuff a bit lacking).

World Wrestling Federation

sgn7ms.jpg

Backstory

After the success of the "Attitude Era", Vince McMahon felt times needed a change and throughout 2001 it was implemented that a change was coming and at WrestleMania X-8 that change happened, after a surprise victory in the 2002 Royal Rumble by a relative unknown, a debuting Brock Lesnar eliminated 29 other men and got his shot at Triple H for the world title at the biggest stage of them all and after taking Triple H to his limits and after 30 minutes in the ring Lesnar hit his F-5 and climbed the top rope and executed the perfect Shooting Star Press winning the world title in a few months after his debut. This was the start of the change where as the attitude era focused on the story and the shock surprise and action this "New Age" was focused on talent who could perform, who could deliver exceptional ability not seen anywhere before, it was a return to their original routes of being an actual wrestling promotion over the entertainment.

During the first few years of the "New Age" their was a lot of fresh new talent something that had not been successful for a few years since the promotion focused more on its main roster over brining in many new stars but in the course of 4 years (2002-2006) their were more that 50 new wrestlers brought up to revitalise the promotion and it worked, stars such as Randy Orton, John Cena, Kurt Angle, Edge & Robert Roode became household names, WWE found the formula that to keep the promotion feeling fresh and new you needed fresh new talent and although there were the regular stars who everyone knew (such as Triple H, Steve Austin & The Rock) these new stars were treated as equals.

Current Situation

Over the past years the WWF has gone unchallenged as the #1 promotion in the Unites States with WCW building back up and ECW pushing for contention but over the past year with the industry in recovery the gap between the three has become ever so smaller, 2010 is the year when the big three will be battling for the top spot. The WWF has been in a period of doing the same things for many years, they will have to change and bring in a new era if they want to survive the wars.

Starting Champions

WWF World Heavyweight Champion: Randy Orton

WWF World Tag Team Champions: The Alpha Males (Lashley & Monty Brown)

WWF Intercontinental Champion: Robert Roode

WWF Light Heavyweight Champion: Tajiri

WWF Women's Champion: Shantelle Taylor

Roster

- Alexis Laree (Mickie James)

- Amazing Kong

- Angel Williams

- Beth Phoenix

- Black Pain (Goldust)

- Bradshaw

- Brock Lesnar

- Chris Jericho

- Chris Masters

- Cody Rhodes

- Dolph Ziggler

- Edge

- Elijah Burke

- Gene Snitsky

- Heart Throb Antonio

- Heart Throb Romeo

- Hurricane Helms

- Joey Ryan

- John Cena

- Johnny Swinger

- Kane

- Lance Cade

- Lance Hoyt

- Lashley

- Lita

- Maria Kanellis

- Mark Henry

- Matt Hardy

- Matt Striker

- Mike Awesome

- Mike Know

- Mike Mizanin

- Monty Brown

- Mr. McMahon

- Muhammad Hassan

- Naomi Banks

- "Outback Monster" Nathan Jones

- Nattie Neidhart

- Palmer Canon

- Randy Orton

- Rob Van Dam

- Robert Roode

- Shane McMahon

- Shannon Moore

- Shantelle Taylor

- Shawn Daivari

- Shawn Spears

- Spanky

- Stacy Keibler

- Stephanie McMahon

- Stevie Richards

- Tajiri

- Talia Madison

- The Undertaker

- Traci Brooks

- Triple H

- Trish Stratus

Promotions coming soon to this topic

America

- American North Pacific Wrestling

- American South Pacific Wrestling

- Deep South Wrestling

- Extreme Championship Wrestling

- Extreme Combat Zone

- Florida Championship Wrestling

- Gorgeous Ladies of Wresting

- Hawai'i Championship Wrestling

- Hulk Hogan's Legends of Wrestling

- Las Vegas Strip Wrestling

- National Wrestling Alliance

- NWA: Total Nashville Wrestling

- NWA: World League Wrestling

- Ring of Honor

- World Championship Wrestling

- World Wrestling Council

Canada

- Fabulous Quebec Wrestling

Mexico

- Toryumon Mexico

United Kingdom

- Frontier Wrestling Alliance

- FWA Dropkixx

Japan

- Dramatic Dream Team

- Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling

- JD Star

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling

- Osaka Pro-Wrestling

- Toryumon

- Wrestle and Romance

Europe

- Catch Wrestling Association

- World Wrestling All-Stars

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 3

Mixing it up a bit here is a few more of the promotions in Aftermath of Attitude.

All Japan Pro-Wrestling

aoaajpw.jpg

Backstory

In 1999 after the death of founder Shohei "Giant" Baba, All Japan got hit hard, with no one running the ship by the start of the millennium All Japan was on the brink of folding after 20 years active however it was during 2000 that Mitsuhara Misawa officially bought into the All Japan buying up the stock which Baba originally owned and it was not long till their was a drastic turn around, within a year the promotion was back making money and had its best year since the mid 90's, however Misawa had a problem, he was stuck with a talent roster that hadn't changed in years and he made it his goal to help develop and improve the next generation of wrestlers.

Current Situation

Through out the past few years Misawa "boys" who he helped trained have been emerging on the rosters and its now the start of the big push to turn these new talents into All Japan stars, some have made the elevation such as KENTA, Marufuji & Tanahashi but their just the beginning, 2010 for All Japan is the year on the young lion.

Starting Champions

AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight champion: Hiroyoshi Tanahashi

AJPW Unified World Tag Team champions: KENTA & Naomichi Marufuji

AJPW All Asia Tag Team champions: The Calgary Bulldogs (Canadian Bulldog & The Stampede Kid)

AJPW World Junior Heavyweight champion: Kaz Hayashi

Roster

- Akira Taue

- Akitoshi Saito

- American Dragon (Bryan Danielson)

- Brett DiBiase

- Brother YASHHI

- Canadian Bulldog (Harry Smith/D.H. Smith)

- Chris Hero

- Go Shiozaki

- Hiroyoshi Tanahashi

- Johnny Ace

- Jun Akiyama

- Kaz Hayashi

- KENTA

- Kenta Kobashi

- Kentaro Shiga

- Kotaro Suzuki

- Masanobu Fuchi

- MAZADA

- Mitsuhara Misawa

- Mitsuo Momota

- Mohammed Yone

- Naomichi Marufuji

- Osamu Nishimura

- Predator Terkay (Sylvester Terkay)

- Riki Choshu

- Stan Murdoch (Trevor Murdoch)

- Suwama

- Taiya Kea

- TAMA Michinoku

- Takeshi Rikio

- TARU

- The Stampede Kid (TJ Wilson/Tyson Kidd)

- Toshizo Yoshihiro Takayama

- Yoshinari Ogawa

- Yoshinobu Kanemura

Stampede Wrestling

aoastampede.jpg

Backstory

After Bret Hart left WCW at the start of the millennium due to cost cutting measures he wanted to get back to the business but couldn't go to the WWF and he didn't wish to work on the small independents so he decided to revive Stampede Wrestling, it had folded a couple years before through bad management and lack of funding but Bret thought he could bring back the promotion and make it successful. The first tour was a shaky start however by the final of the first tour which would result in the reunion of the Hart Foundation and Owen's last ever match they sold out and continued to draw big results all over Canada. With the opening of the Calgary Dungeon the promotion stopped doing tours and started promoting more regularly with its own hand groomed talent.

Stampede Wrestling had got a strong hold of the Canadian scene however they have been losing their audience to the newly opened Fabulous Quebec Wrestling promotion who have taken away half of their "turf", this has led to a family war of sorts between the Harts and Rougeaus.

Current Situation

Still Canada's number one promotions their fights the turf wars against Fabulous Quebec Wrestling and although still winning their gradually losing their audience.

Starting Champions

Stampede North American champion: Alastair Ralphs

Stampede British Commonwelth champion: Doug Williams

Stampede Tag Team champions: El Generico & Kevin Steen

Stampede Women's Pacific champion: LuFisto

Roster

- Alastair Ralphs

- American Dragon (Bryan Danielson)

- Andy Douglas

- Bret Hart

- Chase Stevens

- Chris Benoit

- Davey Boy Smith

- Davey Richards

- Doug Williams

- El Generico

- Eric Young

- Jack Evans

- JD Michaels

- Jim neidhart

- Johnny Devine

- Kevin Steen

- Lancee Storm

- LuFisto

- Maryse Ouellet

- Nick Aldis

- Nicole Matthews

- Portia Perez

- Raijin

- Robbie Brookside

- Satoshi Kojima

- Scotty Mac

- Sinn

- Steve Corino

- Teddy Hart

- Tiger Mask (IV)

- Tyson Dux

Calgary Dungeon

Backstory

Opened by Owen Hart after ending retiring on his own terms after being paralysed in 1999, he fought to return to the ring and was the star of the final nights of the original Stampede tour, it was then he officially retired and said he was reopening the dungeon to all those who think themselves suitable, within days the phone was off the hook with the applications, it wasn't long before some of Stampedes future talent was training in the dungeon with a high expectation on talent its hard to think of anywhere else producing continues top quality talent who have travelled the world.

Starting Champions

Dungeon champion: Tony Kozina

Dungeon Heritage champion: Aaron Idol

Dungeon Tag Team champions: Untouchable Quality (Jamie Diaz & Todd Quality)

Roster

- Aaron Idol

- Adam Winsor

- Amazing Halo

- Ash

- Callos

- Cremator

- Duke Durrango

- Exess

- Franky The Mobster

- Greg Pawluk

- Jagged

- James Kraven

- Jamie Diaz

- Jimmy Stone

- Kelly Couture

- Kris Chambers

- Owen hart

- Shane Matthews

- Todd Quality

- Tony Kozina

- Veronika Vice

- Zack Sabure, Jr

Edited by TheWho87
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It looks interesting.

I do some of these myself though I don't have a backstory.

I just like to do some "what if" scenarios.

LIke what if in 1997 ECW had it's talent on wriiten contracts and WCW and WWF weren't able to take them?

I like to switch rosters around too and what comes of it.

This is the most fun in DOTT because I like to see who gets pushed over time.

• Like 1

Joint Promotions

j0xh7s.jpg

Backstory

Formed in October of 2007 after the formation of the Virgin1 channel, with sporting rights to other key UK sports events taken and wishing to bring sports fans to the channel it was devised that Virgin Media should create its own sport which was then Alex Shane propositioned to the board that wrestling could bring in the fans like it did in the glory days. It was under this premise that the deal was struck and it was for an initial 3 month run, debuting on October 1st 2007 it was the highlight of the starting schedule and although the first episode didn't draw as much as was expected over the coming weeks the ratings kept growing, with this Branson commissioned the promotion for a 3 year deal and as time went on Branson got more involved to the point the became the major investor in the company and opened up links with small independent promotions all over the UK which helped him expand the talent pool for the promotion.

Current Situation

During 2009 the ratings levelled out and throughout the year they went down to a low yet steady level, even with his financial fix in the company the company is at risk of losing its spot especially how in recent years they have been competing with ECW on the same networks. Joint Promotions over recent years has been moving to a more open policy working with Edler's FWA in the south as well as expanding into Europe with Hero and Castagnoli's WWA promotion brining in more talent from all over the world hoping to reversing the current ratings blip.

Starting Champions

British National Heavyweight champion: Martin Stone

British National Tag Team champions: The Kartel (Sha Samuels & Terry Frazier)

British National Middleweight champion: Darren Burridge

British National Lightweight champion: Zack Sabre, Jr

Roster

- Alex Shane

- Andy Simmonz

- Chris Chaos

- Chris Raaber (Chris The bambikiller)

- CJ Banks

- Darren Burridge

- Dean Allmark

- Drew Galloway (Drew McIntyre)

- Fit Finlay

- Hade Vansen

- Jody Fleisch

- Joey Hayes

- Johnny Saint

- Jonny Storm

- Martin Stone

- Marty Scrull

- PAC

- Sha Samuels

- Sheamus O'Shaunessy

- Spud

- Steve Sonic (DJ Gabriel)

- Steven Regal (William Regal)

- Taylor Phoenix

- Terry Frazier

- The Zebra Kid

- Zack Sabure, Jr

Grupo de Revolucion Mundo

20h7qzd.jpg

Backstory

In 2002 Mexican wrestling was hit hard, with the american leagues “invading” the region and drawing the crowd away from the traditional live gates went down drastically and by the start of 2003 both Asistencia Asesoría y Administración and Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre was drawing crowds less than half they were the previous year and brining in less money. The two groups decided it was time to fight these invaders head on and agreed that that years TripleMania was going to be the first to be co-promoted as the promotions devised a inter-promotional war feud which was just the thing to bring the fans back and 2003 ended with both groups back on top form however when they both promoted separately they were still drawing less, that was when they devised how to end the feud, the final of the year long feud culminated at TripleMania of 2004 and it was winners take all, the promotion to score the most falls over the night would leave with everything, it was then the biggest shock to Mexican wrestling hit, former WWF champion Kurt Angle gate crashed the main event with Hager and Benjamin and the trio cleaned house ending the show in a draw, he then took the microphone and told the fans this was a revolution and his group would be in total control. By the end of the month it was announced that due to the finish both promotions were to end and in their place the new world revolution.

Current Situation

After stabilising their place as the top promotion in Mexico they have decided its time to take the war to America and have started to push the league into both Texas and California bringing a new style of wrestling not seen in mainstream American wrestling, will 2010 be the year of the luchadores in the united states.

Starting Champions

GRM Unified World Heavyweight champion: Kurt Angle

GRM Unified World Tag Team champions: The All-Americans (Jake Hager & Shelton Benjamin)

GRM World Lightweight champion: Chessman

GRM World Trio champion: The Dark Family (Cuervo, Esccoria & Ozz)

GRM Reina de Reinas champion: Michelle McCool

Mexican National Heavyweight champion: Abisimo Negro

Mexican National Middleweight champion: Dos Caras, Jr

Mexican National Tag Team champions: Gronda #1 & Gronda #2

Roster

- Abismo Negro

- Alan Stone

- Charley Manson

- Chessman

- Chris Stone

- Damián 666

- Dark Cuervo

- Dark Escoria

- Dark Espiritu

- Dark Ozz

- Dos Caras, Jr

- Dr. Wagner, Jr

- El Mesias

- Extreme Tiger

- Gronda #1

- Gronda #2

- Halloween

- Heavy Metal

- Héctor Garza

- Jake Hager (Jack Swagger)

- Juventud Guerrera

- Kurt Angle

- La Parka (Original)

- Mephisto

- Michelle McCool

- Mr. Águila

- Rey Misterio, Sr

- Shelton Benjamin

- Silver King

- Super Caló

- Último Guerrero

- Vampiro

- Villano IV

- Villano V

Edited by TheWho87

Yeah it’s TEW05, it was meant for EWR but since I upgraded thought I’d upgrade it as well, after it gets released if anyone would wish to convert it to TEW2010 then I wouldn’t say no I’d just want to know that’s what their doing with it.

• 1 month later...

Short one here but their a more recently opened promotion game world wise.

Chikara Pro-Wrestling

20kvfqc.jpg

Backstory

One of the most recent opening promotions has gained a loyal fan following for offering a completely different style than anywhere else in the Unites States. Using mainly unknown wrestlers and trainees from its wrestling school, Chikara Pro had put together a mix of lucha libre with a family friendly feel which continues to bring the fans wherever they go.

Current Situation

They have recently opened up a trading link with Europe through World Wrestling All-Stars giving some talent a more diverse experience working under Hero and Castagnoli. In the US their steadily growing yet its time to inject some new wrestlers and gimmicks into the promotion as some feel their on the starting point of becoming stagnant.

Starting Champions

Chikara Young Lions Cup: Chuck Taylor

Chikara Campeonatos de Parejas: The Osiran Portal (Amasis & Ophidian)

Chikara Rey de Voladores: Ricochet

Chikara Tag World Grand Prix Cup: Super Smash Bros. (Player Dos & Player Uno)

Chikara King of Trios Cup: The Colony (Fire Ant, Soldier Ant & Worker Ant)

Roster

- Amasis

- Cham-Pain

- Chuck Taylor

- Create-A-Wrestler

- Crossbones

- El Hijo del Ice Cream

- Escorpion Egipcio

- Fire Ant

- Frightmare

- Gran Akuma

- Hallowicked

- Icarus

- Ice Cream, Jr

- Lince Dorado

- Mike Quackenbush

- Ophidian

- Player Dos

- Player Uno

- Ricochet

- Soldier Ant

- STIGMA

- UltraMantis Black

- Vin Gerard

- Worker Ant

• 4 weeks later...

Well current status of the database is that 1/3 of the workers profiles are finished, that seems to be the main problem with the data now just me getting round to finishing them, when I get around 1000 finished then I’ll most likely make it public and get some feedback on possible changes/upgrades to improve the database and release further updates to the database.

Just remember I do also work on the monthly real world updates which do take priority. ;)

Edited by TheWho87

I'm toying with the idea of releacing this early when the graphics are finished as aposed to waitign for me to finish all the profiles, that way its out and i can develop it a bit more with some input based off the actual ingame world

I like that idea to be honest.

Sometimes it helps to have a few extra pair of eyes looking at things.

I should have internet at my apartment (the legal way) sometime on saturday so I'll be able to look at the game while online unlike now where I come on here from work and have to remember things I noticed from earlier. Though I do keep notes of stuff.