TEW05 Real World Update: February 2010

Some puro suggestions,

I think you should consider upping the entertainment ability of a lot of the guys, particularly Dragon Gate.

And on the subject of popularity, in addition to raising the popularity of the organization (dragon gate) I feel you should raise the popularity of a lot of the wrestlers. Cept Genki, he's too high in comparison to the other dragon gate talent, but if you inflate the rest of the roster's popularity he might be fine, but he's pretty much been used as a lower card guy, and a henchmen for his stable leaders. From my understanding Dragon Gate is seen as a smaller company because they do shorter tours than NOAH and NJPW, but they have done big crowds. They are also brushed off by a lot of people for being a lesser company because they don't appeal to the same demographic as the other promotions, but a ticket sold to a young woman is the same as a ticket sold to a middle aged man.

Jun Akiyama should be around B+ or A, he's been very over since the split with All Japan, and he's certainly more over than younger guys like Go whose a B+.

Liger shouldn't be an A, at this stage in his career he's a stepping stone for juniors, and even at the height of his popularity I wouldn't give him an A, I'd say B- or B, a win against him just isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Kenta Kobashi should be an A.

Chono is in the same boat as Liger, he's been willing to put the younger guys over for the longest time now a rub from him just doesn't mean that much. Maybe an A (he's at A*) just because he was such a huge star, but at this point I'd say B+.

And maybe Yuji Nagata should be a B+ or lower, I don't think he's seen as much of a contender in the main event scene as some of the other B and B+ guys are. He had a feud with Masato Tanaka a while back, where I believe they both took singles losses to each other, and Tanaka is only C+.

Edited by xstraightedgex

Jerome Robinson needs to be either small or very small, he is basically the same size as Rey Mysterio.

Also Elijah Burke's popularity needs to be boosted big time. I'd put him at least at 50 in the US, except in the South East he should be 60-65 he is more over than anyone else in TNA.

Edited by DoubleJ13

Some puro suggestions,

I think you should consider upping the entertainment ability of a lot of the guys, particularly Dragon Gate.

And on the subject of popularity, in addition to raising the popularity of the organization (dragon gate) I feel you should raise the popularity of a lot of the wrestlers. Cept Genki, he's too high in comparison to the other dragon gate talent, but if you inflate the rest of the roster's popularity he might be fine, but he's pretty much been used as a lower card guy, and a henchmen for his stable leaders. From my understanding Dragon Gate is seen as a smaller company because they do shorter tours than NOAH and NJPW, but they have done big crowds. They are also brushed off by a lot of people for being a lesser company because they don't appeal to the same demographic as the other promotions, but a ticket sold to a young woman is the same as a ticket sold to a middle aged man.

Jun Akiyama should be around B+ or A, he's been very over since the split with All Japan, and he's certainly more over than younger guys like Go whose a B+.

Liger shouldn't be an A, at this stage in his career he's a stepping stone for juniors, and even at the height of his popularity I wouldn't give him an A, I'd say B- or B, a win against him just isn't that big of a deal anymore.

Chono is in the same boat as Liger, he's been willing to put the younger guys over for the longest time now a rub from him just doesn't mean that much. Maybe an A (he's at A*) just because he was such a huge star, but at this point I'd say B+.

And maybe Yuji Nagata should be a B+ or lower, I don't think he's seen as much of a contender in the main event scene as some of the other B and B+ guys are. He had a feud with Masato Tanaka a while back, where I believe they both took singles losses to each other, and Tanaka is only C+.

are all those grades meant for their entertainment values?

Jerome Robinson needs to be either small or very small, he is basically the same size as Rey Mysterio.

when it comes to sizes i tend to go by this rule of thumb

Very Small = midgets and anyone who looks small to the smaller lightweights

Small = smaller looking lightweights and general women

Lightweight = main lightweights and above average women

Middleweights = main wrestlers too big to be lightweights but not built for heavyweight and larger than normal women

Heavyweights = main WWE big guys who are built and exessivly large women

Large Heavyweight = mainly tall heavyweights

Super Heavyweights = mostly guys over the 400lbs mark this i use for the fat yet small sort of people

also on another factor if Hardy and Moore are not use by TNA again in Feb they will be removed for next month, 2 months is more than enough time to be on a roster after showing up once

No no, sorry if that post was worded awkwardly, the grades are what I think their popularity in Japan should be at.

I was also suggesting you reconsider the entertainment stats of a lot of the Japanese guys, but all the grades are in relation to popularity.

Edited by xstraightedgex

DJ Hyde announced that CZW will be back on TV in March on WMCN "Get It On TV Philly", which is distributed on Comcast Cable and Verizon FiOS systems as well as DIRECTV and DISH NETWORK throughout the Philadelphia television market to over 2.6 million homes. For information on the cable/satellite channel WMCN is available on in your area, go to GetitonTVPhilly.com

- The Fake You thing on Ion fell through.

- Rich Swann & Ryan McBride are now a tag team called Irish Driveby in CZW.

- Add a Nasty Boys tag team in TNA.

- Add Dave Taylor to TNA as a road agent, he is taking D'Amore's places.

- Dusty Rhodes is the GM of FCW & Norman Smiley is his assistant GM. Liviana is the manager of whoever is the authority figure at the time.

- Jonathan Fatu & Joshua Fatu are the sons of Kishi not Haku. Their gimmicks should be Island Warrior for face & Gangsta for heel. They both use the Samoan Spike as their finisher.

- Aksana (Zivile Raudoniene) is the manager for Eli Cottonwood. Change her push to manager. Her gimmick is that she is a sexy foreigner, so make her gimmick sexy. Likewise Cottonwood is now a face so change his gimmick to big friendly giant. During the promo showing the Eli turn, Johnny Curtis turned heel with a douche bag gimmick (he is basically Zack Ryder).

- AJ Lee is the new Queen of FCW.

- Jenny Quinn has been released from her contract so remove her from FCW.

- Wes Brisco's finisher is literally a small package pin that he calls the Brisco Roll.

- The Miz & Big Shows tag team name is ShowMiz, a spin-off of Showbiz that the Big Show thought up.

- Louden Noxious is going by Gavin Loudspeaker in Chikara, more rocker like gimmick.

Evolve Notes

- Gran Akuma has disbanded his Akuma's Army team. He has opted for one-on-one competition. He has been added to the Official Singles Division. Remove Brodie Lee & Icarus from Evolve.

- Cheech Hernandez has rejoined partner KC "Cloudy" Day. The duo, known as Up In Smoke, will be in the Official Tag Team Division. Add Cheech & Cloudy to Evolve as Up In Smoke, lower midcarder faces.

- Shane Hollister has agreed to wrestle on EVOLVE 2. He is now in the Official Singles Division. Add him to Evolve as a midcard heel with no gimmick needed as his gimmick.

- Mercedes Martinez has demanded that more attention be paid to women's wrestling. She will be in Rahway to back up her words. This one is iffy she was also on the first show, but if you add her the AI will try to sign more women in the game, so maybe wait to see who her opponent is first. Evolve seems to have a working agreement with WSU though as she was wearing her WSU title during Evolve1.

- The Chikara team is known as Team Lightning.

- Ikuto Hidaka is working Evolve2 so add him as a upper midcard face with foreign star as his gimmick. His opponent Chris Hero also needs to be added to Evolve as a main event heel with arrogant as his gimmick.

- Bobby Fish needs his MMA Style stat bumped up as he does MMA on the side I'd raise it to 15-20.

Edited by DoubleJ13
  • Like 1

No no, sorry if that post was worded awkwardly, the grades are what I think their popularity in Japan should be at.

I was also suggesting you reconsider the entertainment stats of a lot of the Japanese guys, but all the grades are in relation to popularity.

Well since I don’t follow anything from Japan on a regular basic most of the overness is based of what little I know of the levels they work at so it was more based on having them for the right card positions over exact for each worker.

Also in regards to Dragon Gate could you give some numbers/grades as a suggestion for their entertainment cause I don’t want to give them loads just because their lacking. Plus I do think the entertainment value is covered by multiple regions which I think are Microphone, Charisma, Acting, Looks and Superstar Quality.

• Like 1

Also in regards to Dragon Gate could you give some numbers/grades as a suggestion for their entertainment cause I don’t want to give them loads just because their lacking. Plus I do think the entertainment value is covered by multiple regions which I think are Microphone, Charisma, Acting, Looks and Superstar Quality.

Akira Tozawa is set at all Fs

I'd change it to

Mic: B- to B+

Charisma:C+ to B

Acting: B- or B

Looks: C

Star Quality: C

BxB Hulk

I'd say his Stamina should be B or higher

Looks: B+ or A

CIMA

Mic: B+

Dragon Kid

Charisma: B

Acting: C+ or B-

Looks: B-

Gamma

Mic: B

Charisma:B-

Acting: B +

Looks: C

Star Quality: C+

Genki

Mic: C+

Acting: C+

Looks: B-

Star Quality: C+

Kenichiro Aria

Microphone: C+

Masaaki Mochizuki

Microphone: B

Looks: B

Masato Yoshino

Mic: B-

Acting: B

Looks: B or B+

Star Quality: B

Naruki Doi

Flying skills should be around C and

Charisma: B+

Acting: B-

Star Quality: B+

Ryo Saito

Shingo Takadi

Brawling: B

Strong Style:B

Charisma: B+

Looks: A

Star Quality: A

Susumu Yokosuka

Strong Style:B

YAMATO

Strong Style: B

Mat/chain wrestling B-

Acting: A

Yasushi Kanda

Mic: C

Edit: non dragon gate japanese guys, I mainly watch Dragon Gate, Big Japan, and shows that include talent from various organizations so I'm not going to be able to into much depth on other promotions. I hope this isn't an inconvenience.

Akebono

MMA: I don't know how you rate these but he's a sumo champ and particpated in MMA.

Suwama

Mic/acting/charisma/star: C- to C

Taru

Antonio Honda

Brawling: C+

Selling: A

The rest of Performance and Physical skills should be like C to B-. He isn't a bad wrestler he just doesn't do much to stand out.

Dick Togo

HARASHIMA

Strong Style: B-

Star Quaility: C+

Kota Ibushi

Strong Style: B or B+

Looks: B+ or A

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Charisma: A

Looks: A

Star Quality: A

Manabu Nakanishi

Mic: C or C+

Charisma: C+

Looks: (by Japanese standards) B

Naomichi Marufuji

Mic: C+

Riki Choshu

Shinsuke Nakamura

Looks/Star Quality: B or B+

Jun Akiyama

Mic B+

Katsuhiko Nakajima

Looks/Star Quality:B

Kensuke Sasaki

looks/star: B

Kenta Kobashi

Edited by xstraightedgex
  • Like 1

ROH Notes:

Turn Erick Stevens to heel and maybe change his gimmick.

Remove Claudio Castagnoli from The Embassy.

Add new stable "The Kings of Wrestling", with Chris Hero, Double C, Sara Del Ray and Shane Hagadorn.

Remove Petey Williams, Player Uno and Player Dos from ROH.

Add Rachse Brown to the roster.

Edited by FallenStar
  • Like 1

ROH Notes:

Add new stable "The Kings of Wrestling", with Chris Hero, Double C, Sara Del Ray and Shane Hagadorn.

They are working shows in March for ROH

ROH Notes:

Yeah, but they don't seem to be active wrestlers in ROH roster all the time like Roderick Strong, Kenny King...

ROH Notes:

Yeah, but they don't seem to be active wrestlers in ROH roster all the time like Roderick Strong, Kenny King...

ROH has alot of semi-regulars on there roster like The House Of Truth, KENTA, Silas Young, The Super Smash Bros and Petey Williams. You may aswel leave them is as they will pop up in ROH events every now and again

2) How do yuo decide upon wrestler's stats? Is there any standardized method you use??

Middleweights = main wrestlers too big to be lightweights but not built for heavyweight and larger than normal women

Super Heavyweights = mostly guys over the 400lbs mark this i use for the fat yet small sort of people

Thanks for teh partial answer, but this was kinda obvious. Can you explain teh other stats??

Here's a interesting comparison - Wrestling Observer Awards 2009 vs in-game stats:

Best on Interviews vs microphone:

1. CHRIS JERICHO - A

2. C.M. Punk - A*

3. Frank Mir - n/a

4. Dana White - n/a

5. Eddie Kingston - A

6. Jim Cornette - A*

7. Quinton Jackson - n/a

8. John Cena - A*

9. Brock Lesnar - B-

10. Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe - C-

Most Charismatic vs Charisma:

1. JOHN CENA - A*

2. Jeff Hardy - A

3. Brock Lesnar - C-

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi - C+

5. Yamato - C

6. Chris Jericho - A

7. C.M. Punk - A

8. Shawn Michaels - A*

9. Frank Mir - n/a

10. Randy Orton - A

Best Technical Wrestler vs Technical:

1. BRYAN DANIELSON - A*

2. Kurt Angle - A*

3. Davey Richards - B

4. Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe - B+

5. Naruki Doi - B

6. Prince Devitt - B-

7. Mike Quackenbush - A

8. Johnny Saint - A

9. William Regal - A

10. KENTA - A

Best Brawler vs Rumble:

1. NECRO BUTCHER - A

2. Samoa Joe - A

3. Masato Tanaka - B+

4. Togi Makabe - B+

5. Chris Hero - B+

6. Abyss - A

7. Fit Finlay - B+

8. Takeshi Morishima - A

9. Undertaker - A

10. Eddie Kingston - B

Best High Flying Wrestler vs Flying:

1. KOTA IBUSHI - A*

2. Evan Bourne - B+

3. Dragon Kid - A*

4. Pac - A

5. Mistico - A

6. Prince Devitt - C+

7. A.J. Styles - B+

8. Rey Mysterio - A

9. Taiji Ishimori - A

10. Jack Evans - A*

TNA has officially signed former WWE Superstar Shannon Moore to a deal. Dixie Carter wrote the following on Twitter yesterday afternoon, obviously a play on words:

"TNA signs one moore."

Moore also wrote on Twitter yesterday that he was getting ready to "sign some shizzle" and later re-tweeted Dixie's posting from above.

IW

Since there was talk of removing him & Jeff Hardy from TNA. I think Jeff should still be set to "On Hiatis" to be honest, he seems to have a deal in place but their waiting for the legal issues to be resolved.

2) How do yuo decide upon wrestler's stats? Is there any standardized method you use??

Thanks for teh partial answer, but this was kinda obvious. Can you explain teh other stats??

Here's a interesting comparison - Wrestling Observer Awards 2009 vs in-game stats:

Best on Interviews vs microphone:

1. CHRIS JERICHO - A

2. C.M. Punk - A*

3. Frank Mir - n/a

4. Dana White - n/a

5. Eddie Kingston - A

6. Jim Cornette - A*

7. Quinton Jackson - n/a

8. John Cena - A*

9. Brock Lesnar - B-

10. Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe - C-

Most Charismatic vs Charisma:

1. JOHN CENA - A*

2. Jeff Hardy - A

3. Brock Lesnar - C-

4. Hiroshi Tanahashi - C+

5. Yamato - C

6. Chris Jericho - A

7. C.M. Punk - A

8. Shawn Michaels - A*

9. Frank Mir - n/a

10. Randy Orton - A

Best Technical Wrestler vs Technical:

1. BRYAN DANIELSON - A*

2. Kurt Angle - A*

3. Davey Richards - B

4. Nigel McGuinness/Desmond Wolfe - B+

5. Naruki Doi - B

6. Prince Devitt - B-

7. Mike Quackenbush - A

8. Johnny Saint - A

9. William Regal - A

10. KENTA - A

Best Brawler vs Rumble:

1. NECRO BUTCHER - A

2. Samoa Joe - A

3. Masato Tanaka - B+

4. Togi Makabe - B+

5. Chris Hero - B+

6. Abyss - A

7. Fit Finlay - B+

8. Takeshi Morishima - A

9. Undertaker - A

10. Eddie Kingston - B

Best High Flying Wrestler vs Flying:

1. KOTA IBUSHI - A*

2. Evan Bourne - B+

3. Dragon Kid - A*

4. Pac - A

5. Mistico - A

6. Prince Devitt - C+

7. A.J. Styles - B+

8. Rey Mysterio - A

9. Taiji Ishimori - A

10. Jack Evans - A*

any suggestion for stat changes are well welcome, i'll take a look at this though and see what can be done

More ROH:

-Remove Jimmy Rave from the roster.

-Add Eddie Kingston to the roster.

-Remove Brent Albright from the roster.

WWE:

-Change Randy Orton gimmick to Ice Man.

-Change Zack Ryder gimmick to Prima Donna or something like that.

-Delete the WWE NXT tv show because its will not be a wrestling program, its will be reality show.

EVOLVE:

-Rise the prestige a littlebit.

DGUSA:

-Add and Change TJ Perkins name to TJP like in EVOLVE.

-Add Kevin Harvey as Colour Commentator.

-Add Jack Evans to the roster.

Next Batch of Puro Updates. As promised, Here's the Roster for BattlARTS & Dradition.

BattlARTS

- Katsumi Usuda

- Akifumi Saito

- Yujiro Yamamoto

- Sanchu Tsubakichi

- Takeshi Takeshima

- Baisen TAGAI

- Yoshinori Narita

- Ryuji Walter

- Super Tiger II (Yuji Sakuragi)

- Tiger Shark

Dradition

- Alexander Otsuka

- Gran Hamada

- Tiger Shark

- First Tiger Mask (Satoru Sayama)

- Riki Choshu

- Amigo Suzuki

- Ultimo Dragon

- Mineo Fujita

- Kamui

- Kikutaro

- Daisuke Sekimoto

- Hiro Saito

NJPW

- Set both RISE and LEGEND stables to Inactive.

- Remove Taichi so there won't be a Conflict when someone uses CMLL.

- Remove Kazuchika Okada so there won't be a Conflict when someone uses TNA.

- Remove AKIRA.

- Add Strong Man (Jon Andersen) as a Midcard Face with Gaijin as his Gimmick.

- Add Norio Honaga as a Referee. He used to be a Pro-Wrestler then a ref when he retired. He should have Loyalty to Riki Choshu.

- Rename Yujiro to Yujiro Takahashi.

NOAH

- Ricky Marvin & Taiji Ishimori should be the GHC Jr. Tag Team Champions.

- Raise Takashi Sugiura's Popularity to 72%.

- Takuma Sano's other finisher should be the Northern Lights Bomb (Pinfall).

- Add Satoshi Kajiwara. Add him as a member of Kensuke Office. Here's a Pic of him: http://www.kensuke-o.../L_kajiwara.jpg (I'll try to Provide Stats for him in the next Update.)

ZERO1

- Add Takuya Sugawara as a Midcard Heel with Punk as his gimmick.

- Add Fujita "Jr." Hayato as a Midcard Heel with Punk as his gimmick.

- Add Yoshikazu Yokoyama as a Opener Face with Young Lion as his gimmick. Here's a Pic of him: http://zero1-news.sa...ge/yukoyama.JPG (I'll try to Provide Stats for him in the next Update.)

Dragon Gate

- Add Cyber Kong as a Midcard Face. Add Him as a Member of KAMIKAZE. Set his status back to Active Wrestler.

- Remove K-ness., Susumu Yokosuka & Genki Horiguchi from Real Hazard. Turn them all Face. Add K-ness. & Susumu Yokosuka as a Tag Team named KneSuka (Experience - Good).

- Add Juventud Guerrera as Upper Midcard Face. Add him as a Member of WARRIORS-5.

Edited by jpmack