Aliens VS Predator

Smitherman

Didn't see an existing thread for this, so thought i'd start one. :)

The demo was released last week and it seems to be getting some pretty mixed reviews, mainly due to the fact that it only features online deathmatch and finding a game has been problematic, especially on PS3. I downloaded the demo on the 360 and I was impressed although the graphics aren't as good as seen in some recent games. I'm particularly looking forward to the 3 seperate campaign modes. It might not end up being a classic, and maybe the online modes wont compare to those seen in CoD, but I think it will be enough to keep people entertained for a while.

Thoughts?

My friend played the demo yesterday. He really likes it, whereas I think it looks rather shitty and it seems like the Transformers game, as in it looks like it'll get boring and old incredibly fast.

Massive disappointment. The demo played like a piece of crap. I'd been so looking forward to this game as well...

edit: Thought I was a bit vague. I didn't like the online at all, took far too long to connect to a game and controlling the characters was terrible. I'll maybe buy the game when it's about £20 for the single player, but I was highly unimpressed by the whole thing.

Okay, first and foremost I am a HUGE fan of both film franchises, the AVP Film series, and the game series. While that may be I am kinda taking this game with a grain of salt as of right now for a sole reason.

Apparently some kid got his dad to get him an early copy of the game through "connections" or whatever and has been posting walkthroughs of the levels on youtube. Each level seemed to take him an average of ten minutes to complete, which wouldn't be too bad if there were a lot of them. But, apparently(and this is according to how he has done his videos so I may just be reading too much into it) there seems to be only 5 levels per species. I could really care less about how the multiplayer looks and plays, as my internet is sparatic where I live right now compared to my old place, so at least a decent single player is needed to keep me interested in it. And by the way it seems I don't know if the single player will even be somewhat decent. So yeah, I may just straight up wait for this to hit bargin bin and with the way prices have been dropping on games lately it might not take that long for it to happen.

So, for anyone that was completely turned off by this after the demo... (like me) can I suggest you check out this gameplay walkthrough? The Alien and Predator parts still look naff, but holy shit, it's like they completely managed to capture the feel of Aliens in the Marine campaign.

The beeping, the music, the noises, the complete lack of light. Awesome. I'm considering picking this up again. Probably wait for it drop in price some, but yeah, wow, I'm loving the look of the Marine Story. Actually looks like it might be fun.

It's around 4:40 it starts to pick up. One video doesn't really show what I'm talking about, so I'd recommend checking out some others.

• 3 weeks later...