TEW05 Real World Update: April 2010

You may want to update Shawn Michaels' favored roles. With the current settings, the CPU is still booking him as a regular wrestler. By all accounts--at least for the foreseeable future--he's done. I would set Wrestler to never, and then set him up to be an Authority Figure primarily and a Semi-Active Wrestler sometimes, as those are the most realistic potential roles for him.

Also, is Sabu's overness unrealistically low? I tried signing him to TNA, and the game's saying he should be an Opener. I'd say that's a bit low. Raven's seems low, too.

Edited by The Rated-R Superstar

You may want to update Shawn Michaels' favored roles. With the current settings, the CPU is still booking him as a regular wrestler. By all accounts--at least for the foreseeable future--he's done. I would set Wrestler to never, and then set him up to be an Authority Figure primarily and a Semi-Active Wrestler sometimes, as those are the most realistic potential roles for him.

Also, is Sabu's overness unrealistically low? I tried signing him to TNA, and the game's saying he should be an Opener. I'd say that's a bit low. Raven's seems low, too.

if someone wasnt working for WWE or TNA then they tend to have more conservative popularity because as i see it if their not on TV then how many people know about them, especally in this age when most casual fans wouldent have a clue on most of these guys who were never used as much in WWE like Sabu and Raven, i'll give them a bit of an increace though

Also, what happened to adding in the newer match types? Who said he'd be adding them in this Month's post but I scanned through and there's no Dog Collar Matches or Hair vs Mask or whatever else was asked!

I am actually working on a completly new match file which is why i have done much to the current one in game, its currently about half the size of the current one but i have still to do the diva/eye candy matches and some new matches in it include Hair vs. Hair, Hair vs. Mask, Mask vs. Mask, Loser Leaves Town, Puroresu Rules, Lucha Rules, TV rules, Bunkhouse Stampede & Last Blood Battle Royals, the plan is to hopefully finish off a few more and get it ready for next months update which would mean some matches might go (mostly multiples of basically the same thing with minor stip changes) but their all done to be more logical and an improvement on the ones in now

It would probably save you a ton of time if you copied the match types from another mod like DOTT.

Then you could just add in the new match types that you want.

Thats what the current set it which means their is a load of miss matched matches some with relivence and others with none, the reason im making a whole new file is to clean it up from having a million and one matches that are basically the same rules wise just under a different name

This is a personal preference question, but I really need to ask why do you keep dead guys in the database? I always delete them before a game as to me it doesn't seem right having them there.

their left in for linage and such, since workers who die in game are still in the game whats the difference in having workers who've died before hand still in the game

ok yeah that makes sense. It does clutter things up by having the same match types under different names.

as far as the dead wrestlers go I like them being in the game for a couple of reasons.

The most important being that just because these people are dead doesn't mean we need to forget them.

Second I like to go back and start games in earlier years like 1990 for example. Having the dead wrestlers already there saves me a ton of time.

Thirdly I like to run scenarios on a what if basis. What if Pillman hadn't died? Or Owen? Could they be a main eventer now?

So while some people think it's pointless to have them others of us see the logic behind it.

Who knows? Maybe someone will see some people they never heard of before and want to go check out some of thier matches.

some fixes and suggestions

- turn Heath Slater Face

- turn Shad Gaspard Heel

- change the WWE Style to "Family Friendly"

- I think Tyson Kidd deserves better Mic and Acting Skills

- and Cody Rhodes is totally underrated in the database. But perhaps it's a matter of taste.

In my opinion it's better to set Smackdown to Friday and Superstars to Thursday. Yes, they're tapped earlier, but they are still SEND on these days, and that's the importent thing in my view.

But all in all, the DB is getting better and better. Keep on going!:)

some fixes and suggestions

In my opinion it's better to set Smackdown to Friday and Superstars to Thursday. Yes, they're tapped earlier, but they are still SEND on these days, and that's the importent thing in my view.

But all in all, the DB is getting better and better. Keep on going!:)

the problem is Superstars and NXT are recorded the same night as other WWE shows so they need to be recorded then

FCW just announced weekly events.

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/index.html

Catch FCW every Thursday.

Make plans now to be part of the FCW Thursday night tradition. Florida Championship Wrestling will host weekly events every Thursday night at the FCW Arena. The shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10. For children (10 and under) tickets are $5.

That may seem minor but its actually a fairly significant thing to me as a player since I very much like to make use of my developmental systems and I highly value a promotion that runs weekly events so my prospects can get as much time as possible. And since FCW is already WWE's developmental and I assume many play as WWE this gives a huge boost to the system, IMO.

FCW just announced weekly events.

http://www.fcwwrestling.info/index.html

Catch FCW every Thursday.

Make plans now to be part of the FCW Thursday night tradition. Florida Championship Wrestling will host weekly events every Thursday night at the FCW Arena. The shows will begin at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $10. For children (10 and under) tickets are $5.

That may seem minor but its actually a fairly significant thing to me as a player since I very much like to make use of my developmental systems and I highly value a promotion that runs weekly events so my prospects can get as much time as possible. And since FCW is already WWE's developmental and I assume many play as WWE this gives a huge boost to the system, IMO.

well can move FCW tapings to Tuesday and have Thursday a general house show kind of event

- From Arda Ocal: Running a restaurant is twice as hard as becoming a wrestler - Armando Estrada - "Right After Wrestling" SIRIUS 98‏

"Right After Wrestling" hosted by Arda Ocal interviewed former WWE Superstar Armando Estrada. Highlights:

- He is done with wrestling at the moment, but is welcome to return to WWE

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1270571842.shtml

*Change Armando Estrada to "On Hiatus" from Retired Wrestler.

EDIT:

Also, it may just be me but I think Family Man gimmicks "Gender" should be Male Only and Family Tradition's set to None.

Edited by Syrjis

Just checked roster page for Inter Species Wrestling and one of the guys that you didn't have on the roster yet was Flip or Flip D. Berger. Here's the link to the profile: http://www.interspecieswrestling.com/locker-room/flip/

Don't know if he's an indy wrestler that goes by another name or something but I've never seen him before. Also a side note, from what I've seen Moohammed The Terrorist Cow is comedy genius and he may need a tad high mic skills. Right now he's getting a C (same as Shannon Moore) and this guy really can work the mic. Check out some of his promos. I'd give him at least higher then Shannon Moore.

from Dusty Pellman:

I read this on Dixie Carter's facebook page.

Dixie Carter: Mon Night iMPACT! moves to 8 pm ET start time on Spike each Monday w/an encore performance Thursdays at 9 pm ET. Spread the word!

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1270649900.shtml

-Move TNA Impact / Spike TV starting time to 8 pm

Haku is in as Tonga Fifita.

Mike Aldren wrote (On November 24, 2009): Gerald Brisco won't be returning to WWE in his previous role as road agent after suffering a series of mini strokes earlier this year. His doctor advised him not to go back on the road full-time so he may be doing something with developmental in Tampa. He is said to be recovering nicely but no timetable has been set for him to return to work. He is also accepting convention dates next year outside of WWE.

http://www.onlineworldofwrestling.com/profiles/j/jerry-brisco.html

-Remove Gerald Brisco from WWE.

Deeb's love of wrestling began when she was 11 after watching a World Wresting Federation show.[13] Despite her love of wrestling, her main passion as a child, from the age of five until she actively pursued wrestling at 18, was soccer. Though she began training wrestling at 18, she coupled this with an academic career, reading for her Bachelor of Arts in Spanish until graduating in 2008 from Indiana University Southeast.[9] She has desires to learn more languages than Spanish and also enjoys Arabic, Thai and Italian food which matches her interest in travelling.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serena_Deeb

-Add Spanish to her languages. Passable or fluent?

-Melina is of Mexican heritage and is bilingual, she can speak english and spanish fluently. Change her spanish language to fluent

- FCW announced they are debuting a FCW Divas championship, set Queen of FCW to retired or delete it.

- Maybe add the WWE Hardcore, European, & Crusierweight titles as retired.

- Make Christy Hemme's TNA contract written, she just signed a new deal & since she is "retired" she won't be working indy shows.

- Make Nigel McGuinness' TNA contract written, he hasn't been working indy shows, plus TNA doesn't have the required amount of workers under written contract to run house shows when you start with them.

Any chance of IWA in Puerto Rico to be added since there basically the only other noteworthy promotion in Puerto Rico?

Edited by DoubleJ13

Just to go back on a past topic I really appreciate the deceased wrestlers because I recently I began piecing together an "All time" database of guys in their prime. That's basically by pulling people out of existing era databases and tweaking them but its problematic for the old dudes for which there really aren't databases for their eras. So Who's database has really given me a head start on guys like El Santo so I didn't have to start from scratch on building them when I'm not quite qualified to figure their stats.

So yeah, I just want to thank him for those guys as it helps with some fantasy scenarios. And if they're a real nuisance they're easy enough to filter and delete.

Just to go back on a past topic I really appreciate the deceased wrestlers because I recently I began piecing together an "All time" database of guys in their prime. That's basically by pulling people out of existing era databases and tweaking them but its problematic for the old dudes for which there really aren't databases for their eras. So Who's database has really given me a head start on guys like El Santo so I didn't have to start from scratch on building them when I'm not quite qualified to figure their stats.

So yeah, I just want to thank him for those guys as it helps with some fantasy scenarios. And if they're a real nuisance they're easy enough to filter and delete.

can i say i rarely make new workers from scratch, i tend to copy from someone who i feel is simalar in ability and maybe tweek the stats a bit