TEW05 Real World Update: April 2010

I can't judge considering I just said I was doing the same thing. Regardless, where ever you got them from your databases tend to have some pre-80s guys who I can't managed to find in other packs. For the most part the only people I've been completely incapable of finding are old, OLD guys like Farmer Burns, kind of obscure international guys like "El Cavernario" Galindo, and a few midgets. But I've pulled a number of deceased guys from your database and just had to screw with the overness and some other things. And for the life of me I can't find a Gorilla Monsoon as a wrestler.

But if I can put together a database of hundreds and come up with just a list of a dozen or so people I need to make that's a big help.

Edited by galacticgonzo

- Eugene talked about his friendship with John Cena, they still really close.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1270830373.shtml

-Add Strong Friendship between Nick Dinsmore & John Cena

He was signed by the WWF after he was introduced to the by his friend, Jack Doan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Patton_%28referee%29

*Add Strong Friendship between Chad Patton & Jack Doan

He became a Japanese citizen in 1996, giving up his American nationality and changing his legal name from Chad Rowan to Akebono Taro, as required by Japanese law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akebono_Tar%C5%8D

-Change Akebono to Japanese. Perhaps rename him to Akebono Taro? He also trained with Satoru Sayama.

-Switch Justin Roberts to RAW.

Edited by Syrjis
  • Like 1

Alright there were reports all over the place that they just got married, but I didn't search any further than those reports.

- Zach Gowen just completed rehab so maybe give him Drug Problems ticked.

Also this hilarious quote about Gowen that I found.

"Saw him f*** a chick doggy style while ZBarr watched and Roderick Strong ate a Snickers bar."

• Like 1

Some relationships that are missing from the game:

Jack Lanza & John Layfield - Blood Relative, JBL is Jack Lanza's nephew.

Jack Lanza & Robert Windham - Loyalty

Jack Lanza & Bobby Heenan - Loyalty, Bobby Heenan introducted The Blackjacks to WWE Hall of Fame and was their long term manager

Robert Windham & Bobby Heenan - same as above

Tazz & Tommy Dreamer trained Lou D'Angeli on how to become a manager. Maybe Protege relationship between him and those two?

Mae Young & The Fabulous Moolah - Best Friend, they lived together in a house from 2001 until Moolah's death.

Del Wilkes & The Fabulous Moolah - Protege, Moolah was one of Del Wilkes' trainers

Del Wilkes & Verne Gagne - Protege, same as above

Dave Batista & Afa Anoai - Protege, Afa trained Batista

Bret Hart & Harley Race - Protege, Harley Race was one of Bret Hart's trainers

Carlos Cabrera & Hugo Savinovich - Best Friend or Strong Friendship? They have been announcing as a pair since 1993

Chad Patton & Earl Hebner - Protege, Earl Hebner trained him

Charles Robinson & Nora Greenwald - Best Friend, they are close friends (= so Strong Friendship perhaps for this instead of Best Friend)

Chris Jericho & Stu Hart - Protege, Stu Hart was one of his trainers

Christian Cage & Tom Pritchard - Protege, Pritchard was one of his trainers

Cody Rhodes & Fred Ottman - Blood Relative, Cody is Ottman's nephew

Cody Rhodes & Magnum TA - Loyalty, Magnum TA is his godfather

Dustin Rhodes & Fred Ottman - Blood Relative, Dustin Rhodes is his nephew

Bryan Danielson & Masato Tanaka - Tanaka was one of his trainers

Nick Nemeth & Steve Keirn, Nick Nemeth & Tom Pritchard - Protege

Adam Copeland & Stu Hart - Protege, Stu Hart was one of his trainers

Adam Copeland & Tom Pritchard - Protege, see above

Rycklon Stephens & Homicide - Protege, Homicide was one of his trainers

Rycklon Stephens & Tom Pritchard - Protege, see above

Rycklon Stephens & Steve Keirn - Protege, see above

Hugo Savinovich & Wendi Richter - Divorced

Jack Doan & Earl Hebner - Protege, Hebner trained him

Jamie Noble & Dean Malenko - Protege, Malenko was one of his trainers

Jillian Hall & Steve Keirn - Protege

Jillian Hall & Lance Storm - Protege

Jimmy Yang & Paul Orndorff - Protege

John Hennigan & Randy Orton - Strong Friendship (they are good friends)

Glenn Jacobs & Dean Malenko - Protege

Kofi Kingston & Killer Kowalski - Protege

Layla El & Dave Finlay - Protege

Mark Henry & Stu Hart - Protege

Mark Henry & Bret Hart - Protege

Michael Hayes & Afa Anoai - Protege

Michael Hayes & Terry Gordy - Atleast Strong Friendship

Mickie James & Joey Matthews - Split up, they used to date

Ricky Steamboat & The Iron Sheik - Protege

Dave Batista & Milena Roucka - Split up, they used to date

Ron Killings & Chris Hamrick - Protege

Ron Killings & George South - Protege

Ron Killings & Manny Fernandez - Protege

Sheamus O'Shaunessy & Jim Molineuax - Protege, Molineaux was one of his trainers

Steve Austin & Chris Adams - Protege

Paul Wight & Jim Duggan - Protege, Duggan was one of his trainers

Paul Levesque & Killer Kowalski - Protege

TJ Wilson & Davey Boy Smith - Protege

Stu Sanders & Al Snow - Protege

Naofumi Yamamoto & Yuji Nagata - Protege

D-Lo Brown & Glen Ruth - Protege

Doug Williams & Andre Baker - Protege

Stevie Richards & Mike Sharpe - Protege

Ayako Hamada & Mariko Yoshida - Protege

Ayako Hamada & Gran Hamada - Blood Relative (surprised this wasn't in yet)

Hernandez & Rudy Boy Gonzales - Protege

Jeff Hardy & Michael Hayes - Protege

Frankie Kazarian & Killer Kowalski - Protege

Kurt Angle & Tom Pritchard - Protege

Nick Aldis & Harley Race - Protege, Nick Aldis trained in Harley Race's Wrestling Academy

Orlando Jordan & Rocky Johnson - Protege

Raven & Ed Farhat - Protege, Farhat was one of his trainers

Rob Van Dam & Ed Farhat, Protege, see above

Samoa Joe & Steven Regal, Protege

Sean Waltman & Boris Malenko, Protege

Lisa Marie Varon & Dave Finlay, Protege

Shantelle Taylor & Bill DeMott, Protege

Talia Madison & Jason Knight, Protege

Talia Madison & Gregory Helms, Split Up

Masakatsu Funaki & Minoru Suzuki, Best Friend, formed Pancrase together and joined UWF in 1989

Ryota Hama & Kaz Hayashi, Protege

Satoshi Kojima & Kensuke Sasaki, Protege

Satoshi Kojima & Hiroshi Hase, Protege

Osamu Nishimura & Tatsumi Fujinami, Protege

Aaron Aguilera & Bryan Danielson, Protege

Taiyo Kea & Yoshinari Ogawa, Protege

NOSAWA Rongai & Keiji Mutoh, Protege

Minoru Fujita & Yoshihiro Tajiri, Protege

Fergal Devitt & Johnny Moss, Protege

Rebecca Knox & Fergal Devitt, Protege

John Morrison & Melina, Split Up

-Change the relationship between Adam Copeland & Christian Cage from Strong Friendship to Best Friend

-Change the relationship between James Tighe & Drew Galloway to Protege (switch them around also)? James Tighe was one of his trainers. Doug Williams, Paul Burchill and Alex Shane also helped him out in training

-Change the relationship between Dave Finlay & Gail Kim from Best Friend to Protege (and switch them around). Unless I have missed something.

-Change the relationship between Dave Finlay & Jillian Hall from Best Friend to Protege (and switch them around). Unless I have missed something.

-Change the relationship between Dave Finlay & Michelle McCool from Best Friend to Protege (and switch them around). Unless I have missed something.

-Change the relationship between Al Snow & Serena Deeb from Best Friend to Protege (and switch them around). Unless I have missed something.

-This may be nitpicking, but change the Dustin Rhodes / Terri Runnels relationship from Split Up to Divorced. What's the difference between those two in the game btw?

-Again, this may be nitpicking, but change the Jerry Lawler / Stacy Carter relationship from Split Up to Divorced.

-Jillian Hall & Tank Toland are engaged.

-Maryse's trainers were Al Snow, Steve Keirn, Tom Pritchard, Dave Finlay & Ricky Steamboat

-Finlay & Lance Storm were two of Melina's trainers

-Mike Chioda lived close to Gorilla Monsoon when he was young and Gorilla Monsoon also helped him break into the wrestling business. Loyalty?

-Change the relationship between Antonio Banks & Norman Smiley from Loyalty to Protege, Norman Smiley was one of his trainers

-Ricky Steamboat trained a while with George South

-Serena Deeb's trainers were Al Snow, Rip Rogers, Danny Davis, Robert Gibson, Greg Gagne, Steve Williams, Lance Storm, Les Thatcher, Tom Pritchard & Terry Taylor.

-Mike Quackenbush & Skayde (Jorge Rivera) were two of Arik Cannon's trainers

-Scott D'Amore was one of Chris Sabin's trainers

-Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley are best friends.

-Dave Finlay, Dean Malenko, Ricky Steamboat, Arn Anderson & AJ Styles were Christy Hemme's trainers (along with Scott D'Amore and Lita)

-Gregory Helms, Sonny Siaki, Leilani Kai, Debra Miceli were also Daffney's trainers

-Jeff Hardy & Joey Abs are good friends

-Marty Jannetty was one of Nick & Matt Jackson's trainers

-I would change the Hulk Hogan/Jimmy Hart relationship from Strong Friendship to Best Friend. IIRC, Hart appeared on Hogan Knows Best frequently.

-Kenzo Suzuki, Taiji Ishimori & Rocky Romero were also Kazuchika Okada's trainers

-Arashi & Kaz Hayashi also trained Akira Raijin

-Kip James & Tom Pritchard were also Lacey Von Erich's trainers

-If the Phil Lafon/Sarah Stock relationship is meant to be because of training, then I'd change it to Protege and switch them around

-Dusty Rhodes, Rick Martel, Al Snow, Barry Windham, Mike Rotunda & Chris Adams were Scott Hall's trainers

-Scott Hall & Dan Spivey were training buddies when Hall started wrestling. They also teamed awhile so maybe add Strong Friendship between them?

-Shark Boy & Frankie Kazarian are best friends.

-Terry Funk was one of Sting's trainers

-Terry Taylor has appeared in some of the wrestling and religion shows that Ted DiBiase Sr. produces. Strong Friendship?

-Danny Davis & Jim Cornette also trained Travis Tomko

-Talia Madison is good friends with Matt & Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore

-Lowrider & Guido Andretti were trained by Danny Davis

-Kaz Hayashi was trained by Gran Hamada & Ultimo Dragon

-Shuji Kondo & Naoki Tanizaki are friends

Nemeth is good friends with his former Spirit Squad teammates, particularly Michael Brendli, with whom he lived in Florida until 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolph_Ziggler

Nick Nemeth & Johnny Jeter - Best Friend

Nick Nemeth & Mike Mondo - Strong Friendship

Nick Nemeth & Nick Mitchell - Best Friend

Nick Nemeth & Ken Doane - Best Friend

Tag Teams:

-Ray Gordy and Henry Godwinn teamed in SmackDown house shows in November 2006 as reformed Godwinns. Ray Gordy was called Cousin Ray then. That team should be added to the database

-Yoshi Tatsu & Sheamus teamed in FCW back in 2007 briefly as "the Movers and the Shakers". That team should be added in.

Workers:

-Also, maybe change Harvey Wippleman's name (atleast in WWE) to Bruno Lauer.

-Change Steve Lombardi to a Retired Wrestler in WWE. Or maybe Semi-Active

-Anthony Garcia is New Zealandian, not Australian.

Most of these were taken from Wikipedia so if I'm wrong on something, please correct me. :) Protege relationships are mentioned in "Trainee & Trainer" order.

EDIT: Struck through split up relationships that can be ignored.

EDIT 2: Nick Nemeth's relationships with Spirit Squad changed to Best Friend (except between Mike Mondo)

Edited by Syrjis
  • Like 1

-Change the relationship between Adam Copeland & Christian Cage from Strong Friendship to Best Friend

-I would change the Hulk Hogan/Jimmy Hart relationship from Strong Friendship to Best Friend. IIRC, Hart appeared on Hogan Knows Best frequently.

I was under the impression it goes Best Friend then Strong Friendship in terms of how strong they are so real close friends are Strong Friendship rather than best friends if this is the wrong way round then i guess alot have to be fixed

-This may be nitpicking, but change the Dustin Rhodes / Terri Runnels relationship from Split Up to Divorced. What's the difference between those two in the game btw?

I think its just how much thy dislike so Divorced dislike the other more than Split Up

Well its either Austrlian or Other hence why i put a couple of New Zealanders under Australian

I cant remember who but someone here i remember saying they were working on some Finnish wrestlers to be added to the database, if whoever is doing that sees this can you help with the roster for this fed please http://www.fightclubfinland.fi/index.php

Under works as we speak.

• Like 2

I was under the impression it goes Best Friend then Strong Friendship in terms of how strong they are so real close friends are Strong Friendship rather than best friends if this is the wrong way round then i guess alot have to be fixed

Divorced = Two workers who are divorced.

Split Up = Two workers who dated but have since broken up. This should only be assigned if there is still bad feelings between them, otherwise it can be ignored.

Loyalty = This is for when a worker has a loyalty to a specific booker or owner, or vica versa.

Protege = This is when one worker acts as a mentor to another. It does not mean that they were trained by them, although this is often coincidentally the case, it means the mentor has taken the other worker under his wing, and is teaching him about the business and trying to help him succeed.

Strong Friendship = This is when two workers have a strong friendship. This should only be used for truly strong friendships, and not for every single friendship he has.

Best Friend = This is for workers who are best friends.

So it looks like I was wrong and Strong Friendship should be for BFF's and such and Best Friend for friendships. Don't know why I didn't check sooner. So the John Morrison/Melina split up can be ignored then and I need to take another look on those friendships I posted to see what were good/best friends and what weren't.

Well its either Austrlian or Other hence why i put a couple of New Zealanders under Australian

Figured this was the case. Nevermind then.

Its cool I didn’t really change any I didn’t think were out of place.

Anyway on another subject, I have been working on a completely new match list working all out from scratch to make them a bit better since most in the current set are very general and tend to have unusual match lengths (like most being set to a max 90 minutes when only a few go beyond that) so in short this is just wondering what people would want in terms of matches, I want to try and reduce as much pointless repetition as possible so matches basically the same with a minor rule variation wont be added in for example I wont be adding in individual Diva stripping matches like lingerie, bra & panties and such they will simply be a Strip match, same thing just less repetition.

Here is a list of what’s currently in the file, I haven’t started on diva matches yet bare the basic so suggestions for them too would be handy but anything you know that’s not on the list that’s original feel free to suggest.

Standard style

Bar Room Brawl

Barbed Wire Massacre

Barbwire Cage

Body Bag

Buried Alive

Cage (Escape)

Cage (Pin)

Cage (Submission)

Cage of Death

Casket

Chair

Deathmatch

Dog Collar

Elevation X

Elimination

Elimination Chamber

First Blood

Flag

Flaming Table

Hair vs. Hair

Hair vs. Mask

Hardcore

Hardcore (Backstage)

Hell in a Cell

I Quit

Inferno

Iron Man

Item on a Pole

King of the Mountain

Ladder

Last Blood - a first blood elimination match

Last Man Standing

Last Man Standing (Pin)

Lethal Lockdown

Lion's Den

Loser Leaved Town

Lucha Rules

Mask vs. Mask

Money in the Bank

Parking Lot Brawl

Punjabi Prison

Pure Rules

Puroresu Rules

Scaffold

Steel Asylum

Table

Table (Elimination)

Television - this is mainly the WCW style TV matches with 15 minutes time limit with little entrance time

TLC

Tuxedo

Two out of Three Falls

Ultimate Submission

Ultimate X

WarGames

Battle Royal style

Battle Royal

Bunkhouse Stampede

Diva Battle Royal

Hardcore Battle Royal

Last Blood Battle Royal

Royal Rumble

Edited by TheWho87

Its cool I didn’t really change any I didn’t think were out of place.

Changed my post. Didn't have to change much par Nick Nemeth's relationships with Spirit Squad members. Also struck out the split up relationships that I suggested since none of them have any bad blood between them as far as I know (=Wikipedia knows :P).

EDIT: Check my post => Changed my post

Edited by Syrjis

Television - this is mainly the WCW style TV matches with 15 minutes time limit with little entrance time

This is so weird that I never thought to limit the entrance time when editing a match, but it gives me a thought for "Squash" matches. The ones where a jobber is used or someone gets a "jobber entrance" that doesn't make TV. Every once and awhile I'm doing a full blown squash where the entrances go longer than the match and that seemed off to me. So I don't know if its worth adding to your file but I think I'm going to see if I can create a "Squash" option with basically 1 minute of entrance.

This is so weird that I never thought to limit the entrance time when editing a match, but it gives me a thought for "Squash" matches. The ones where a jobber is used or someone gets a "jobber entrance" that doesn't make TV. Every once and awhile I'm doing a full blown squash where the entrances go longer than the match and that seemed off to me. So I don't know if its worth adding to your file but I think I'm going to see if I can create a "Squash" option with basically 1 minute of entrance.

That is how the TV match is set up, lowest enterences (1 minute), shortest possible match time (1 minute) with an overal 15 minute time limit

Are you planning on putting Falls Count Anywhere on that list?

Could do although thats basically a hardcore match with less emphesis on weapons

EVOLVE Wrestling:

-Add Jimmy Jacobs to the roster, why he was not in there?

-Add Working Agreements with: CHIKARA, DGUSA, AAW

-Add Adam Cole to the roster.

-Add Tony Kozina to the roster as Manager with Couch as his gimmick.

-Add Michael Nakazawa to the roster as Manager.

-Add Cheeach and Cloudy as a tag team Up In Smoke, and the date is March 2010.

-Chuck Taylor should be Upper Midcarder, he is running now with a big push.

-Chris Hero should be Main Eventer.

-Kota Ibushi should be Main Eventer.

-Add Sean Davis to the roster.

-the prestige should be 40-45.

DGUSA:

-the prestige should be 55-60. they are really compation to ROH.

-Add Johnny Gargano to the roster.

-Remove Tommy Dreamer and Brian Kendrick from the roster.

-Add Working Agreements with: AAW, CHIKARA, EVOLVE

-Add maybe NAP with ROH.

-replace the relationship between Davey Richards and Gabe Sapolsky to Dislike.