Betrayal at Krondor

Boulder

Has anyone else ever played this awesome game? I loved it as a kid, but from about 1999 on it wasn't compatible with any of my computers. Last week, I bought it off GoodOldGames.com (whom I believe hold the legal rights to sell it... if I'm wrong, my apologies), and it's just as amazing as I remember. It's an RPG based on Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga, but the gameplay is a bit different from most RPGs I've played. It's just a great story and a lot of fun, I heartily recommend it to everyone.

Oh, and I don't remember much about the game, so let's keep the thread spoiler-free!

Guest batsnumbereleven

Has anyone else ever played this awesome game? I loved it as a kid, but from about 1999 on it wasn't compatible with any of my computers. Last week, I bought it off GoodOldGames.com (whom I believe hold the legal rights to sell it... if I'm wrong, my apologies), and it's just as amazing as I remember. It's an RPG based on Raymond E. Feist's Riftwar Saga, but the gameplay is a bit different from most RPGs I've played. It's just a great story and a lot of fun, I heartily recommend it to everyone.

Oh, and I don't remember much about the game, so let's keep the thread spoiler-free!

Yes, I still play this occasionally, though I find it's rather repetitive, especially if you want to build up your characters' skills, and of course there seem to be no repercussions to you just wandering around the town, breaking into houses, killing the residents and stealing their goods!

Feist's "Tear of the Gods" novel was actually written on the basis of the plot he pulled together for the game, rather than the other way around, according to sources I've read, and if you've read the book you'll find it actually provides "solutions" (of a sort) to the game.