Pop Prom Request

TEOL

Hey, can anyone put together a logo for a couple of Pop Prom shows for me? I need one for the show 'Uplink: Online' and another one for the PPV, 'The System: Activation'. To give an idea of what I'm looking for, here's the current logo for Revolution and for The System:

tppsysrevlogo4vh4.png

tppsystemlogowt0.png

Anyone want to give it a shot?

Protip: Don't use GIFs for transparent backgrounds. I noticed you used the pulse line from the original logo in your Uplink logo, but if you'll compare the two, yours has some bad image corrosion on the sides. This is because transparency with GIFs creates jagged edges-- something I see you tried to reduce by giving the logo a small black stroke to protect its edges-- but PNGs give really smooth transparencies without any corrosion. They aren't compatible with all browsers, but the ones they are compatible on benefit from the style of them and honestly it's worth it.

I've been on a bit of a logo kick recently, TEOL, I may give this a shot if I can come up with any ideas. I really like the typography and simplicity of the original logos, definitely think the style should be in a similar vein (Y)

Really digging the Uplink logo, iDOL. Unless Norris comes up with something really great, I'll probably be using it, so cheers :)

No offence meant here Drew but I can see what Norris means about your ones, I think they'd look awkward next to the existing ones. I like the Uplink one, but they both also have the problem of being a bit too samey when compared to the logos I already have. I know, I know, I'm being picky asking for some great leap of imagination when as Norris pointed out it's the simplicity of the originals that make them so endearing (IIRC it was AD who made them) but what can I say. I'm a perfectionist. :P Thanks for giving it a shot, though.

Norris, if you make me some awesome Activation logo you know all the gay love that will come your way.

Protip: Don't use GIFs for transparent backgrounds. I noticed you used the pulse line from the original logo in your Uplink logo, but if you'll compare the two, yours has some bad image corrosion on the sides. This is because transparency with GIFs creates jagged edges-- something I see you tried to reduce by giving the logo a small black stroke to protect its edges-- but PNGs give really smooth transparencies without any corrosion.

Thanks man, I appreciate the tip, and you're right, I used the GIF directly from the old logo, just wanted to say though, that I didn't put any stroke on the heartrate readout. No worries though.

No offence meant here Drew but I can see what Norris means about your ones, I think they'd look awkward next to the existing ones. I like the Uplink one, but they both also have the problem of being a bit too samey when compared to the logos I already have. I know, I know, I'm being picky asking for some great leap of imagination when as Norris pointed out it's the simplicity of the originals that make them so endearing

Again, no worries. Thought I'd offer up a bit of help. ;)

• 1 month later...

Forgot to ask for this last month, but might as well ask again for this month: the next System PPV is 'The System: Night of Champions', can anyone put something together for me for it?

• 2 months later...

I keep forgetting to do this, so I'm getting it in early this time: can anyone please make me a logo for the next PPV, 'The System: Breakthrough'? Pretty much everything needed should already be in the thread somewhere and I've used pretty much everything iDOL's given me so far, so they're good examples of what I'm looking for. And of course, if iDOL fancies making me another one I wouldn't say no :P

Anyone want to help me out?

• 6 months later...

So... does anyone want to do a logo for The System: Pop Promania IV?

Working in the System logo somewhere would be ideal (as seen in the first post of this thread) and I wouldn't mind it being in the same general style as some of the other System PPV logos in this thread. Also to give you some idea of what to work with, I provide this:

poppromania6vj.png

Something in that style would be great, although I'd much rather it referred to TPP or The System rather than EWB. Also there's this:

poppromaniawn7.png

I'm not as keen on this general idea, but if someone can put together something that fits this year's tagline ('The Dead Don't Sleep') then I'm sure I could be persuaded.

Any contributions will be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance. :)