Pokéfest 2010

Benji

Found my GBA - the return to my Blue team! I am between Lavender and Celadon (3 Badges) and this is my team. I'll be carrying these through until the end with one exception:

Butterfree - 31

Pidgeotto - 30

Dugtrio - 30

Weepinbell - 30

Phoenix (Charmeleon) - 30

Marcel (Mr. Mime) - 10 (Just a Flasher at the moment - will be replaced by either Dewgong or Starmie when I get to Articuno Cave)

Beat Brock with my mono-poison team. Was actually able to take down Geodude with both of my Nidorans. Then Onix came in… and used Bide way too much. My last Nidoran and Beedrill did decent damage until he got serious. Then Bulbasaur came in and made Onix his bitch for the win.

Beat Brock with my mono-poison team. Was actually able to take down Geodude with both of my Nidorans. Then Onix came in… and used Bide way too much. My last Nidoran and Beedrill did decent damage until he got serious. Then Bulbasaur came in and made Onix his bitch for the win.

Was going to say "good job taking down a Rock/Ground user with Poison types" until I saw the Bulbasaur at the end.

Depends if its one of the games where Nidoran learns Double Kick (or is it Low Kick?) quite early on, because then it's easy to destroy Brock even without Bulbasaur.

As for my game...erm, I beat Koga, but haven't been playing much recently. >_>

Was going to say "good job taking down a Rock/Ground user with Poison types" until I saw the Bulbasaur at the end.

Bulbasaur is Grass/Poison…

Plus I'm playing Red, although I should have gone with yellow so nidoran could learn double kick. There was no way I was beating brock in red with pure poison pokemon without serious grinding and I ain't doing that.

Plus I'm playing Red, although I should have gone with yellow so nidoran could learn double kick. There was no way I was beating brock in red with pure poison pokemon without serious grinding and I ain't doing that.

Yes, I'm well aware of Bulbasaur's typing and how you can use it in your mono-Poison challenge.

Be more of a challenge to do it with Nidoran and Double Kick though, rather than "VINE WHIP GO". But eh, it's your challenge, you do as you please.

Yes, I'm well aware of Bulbasaur's typing and how you can use it in your mono-Poison challenge.

Be more of a challenge to do it with Nidoran and Double Kick though, rather than "VINE WHIP GO". But eh, it's your challenge, you do as you please.

Yea but I'm playing red… nidoran doesn't learn double kick till high levels. If I was on yellow, that's what I would have done.

If Nidoran did have Double Kick, then it's really no more of a challenge than using Vine Whip, and therefore a moot point. :P

Well...yes, it actually is more of a challenge. It's weaker, from a slightly weaker Pokemon, without STAB, hitting the higher defensive stat of both Geodude and Onix, and would only be 2x super effective as opposed to Vine Whip's 4x super effective.

So yeah. Vine Whip and Bubble both make Brock easymode.

Little update about my Sapphire game, i just beat the fifth gym and got Surf HM. I don't have any Water pokemon, but i noticed that it can be teached to Hariyama which is weird because it's Fighting type, but i'm probably going with that one.

Current team is:

Grovyle lvl. 34

Hariyama lvl. 31

Mightyena lvl. 30

Manectric lvl. 26

Numel lvl. 25

Anorith lvl. 22

Update on my mono-poison game, in Cerulean City now. Caught a Zubat in Mt. Moon, also caught an Ekans. Caught an Oddish to replace Bulbasaur. Oddish actually learns poison type moves and is less of a grass-move user.

Current team:

Nidorina Lv. 19

Nidorino Lv. 20

Beedrill Lv. 20

Ekans Lv. 13

Zubat Lv. 14

Oddish Lv. 14

Will level up my newer pokemon and challenge Misty. Will likely use Zubat/Ekans on Staryu and use Beedrills Twin Needle to decimate Starmie… I hope.

Also I found my silver game. Might start playing that one as well.

Guest JukeboxHero

So, since Pokemon Crystal decided it doesn't want to save games anymore, I found Pokemon Emerald for cheap. I've never played that generation of Pokemon games (or any game past Crystal, really), so I'll give it a shot.

Battled Misty, I started with my newly evolved Lv. 22 Golbat. He easily has the speed battle won. Start off with a confuse ray, which causes Staryu to attack himself the first turn. Next I hit a screech bc Staryu has decent defense. Staryu hits me with a water gun, no big deal. Golbat bites it followed with staryu hitting himself and another bite and Golbat wins!

Misty then sent out Starmie, I go against my strategy and send out my Lv. 23 Nidoking (evolved early to learn Thrash). Starmie hits the bubblebeam and I forgot nidoking was half ground but he survived so that I could thrash and do some decent damage. The next bubblebeam was a crit and knocked out nidoking. So I sent out beedrill. He took a tackle and nailed twin needle which is super effective and poisons him. But since beedrills special stat sucks. I take him out and switch to Nidorina, she uses Bide while starmie uses 2 bubblebeams. Nidorina barely survives and knocks starmie out to win the battle.

Guest JukeboxHero

Started up my Emerald game. I've never played any game past Crystal, so this should be something.

I picked Mudkip as my starter and here's what I have so far as I enter Petalburg City:

Mudkip (Level 9)

Zigazoon (Level 2)

Poocheyna (Level 3)

Lotad (Level 3)