Original One month long storylines

Debojit8

Sorry for the double post but I want someone to notice this, I have a whole folder of pictures and pretty much everyone has one. I went to change two of them, SoCal Val and Katie Lea, Val was simple, I just renamed the current one to SoCal_Val22 and then named the one I wanted SoCal_Val but when I try to do that with Katie Lea's picture it doesn't change in game, still the original one, I even went as far as to delete it from the pic folder and rename the one I want but the game still shows the one i don't want.

Well there's one thing people mix up with pictures in TEW which might be the answer. For each of your wrestlers he has two separate places. When you edit a worker you're editing his base photo, but when you sign a guy to a contract you can change everything. So if you change the picture of someone on your roster it will work some of the time but some of the time you will still see the picture attached to their profile. You gotta do that in the editor, or by renaming the files as you did.

It doesn't sound like that's your problem though. If you deleted the file then there's no reason it would be showing up, even if you didn't have the right picture attached. My guess? Katie Lea's picture isn't "Katie_Lea" but rather "Nikita", her pre-WWE name. So you didn't delete the right one, even if it might have been an identical image under a different file name. If that's not it, I'm lost.

Sorry for the double post but I want someone to notice this, I have a whole folder of pictures and pretty much everyone has one. I went to change two of them, SoCal Val and Katie Lea, Val was simple, I just renamed the current one to SoCal_Val22 and then named the one I wanted SoCal_Val but when I try to do that with Katie Lea's picture it doesn't change in game, still the original one, I even went as far as to delete it from the pic folder and rename the one I want but the game still shows the one i don't want.

In the latest TEW '05 update (October) Katie Lea's pic base is Kat La Noir. Did you try renaming it to that?

• 11 months later...
Guest SuperPowerSlam

Okay I'm trying to figure out how or what i am supposed to do. but I don't get it,I did watch idols video on booking matches and angles, and yes I now get how to book angles and matches.......

when I click story lines and click stuff are these going to some how show up in my cards ? or is it more complicated then that ?

Also when you write your own story lines. that has my head spinning. I dunno but it doesn't look like that would actually work just typing in a bunch of words. I dunno maybe I am just rattled because it is different but it looks kind of complicated. can anyone give me any advice on doing the story line things. seeing as I have never done this or seen anything like this before.

its like up top guy has the following listed for his story line.

[[[[[[ Week 1: Worker 1 wins number 1 contenders shot

Week 1: Post Match: Champion hypes PPV Match

Week 2: Face beats Monster Heel (If you have one, or else just any heel)

Week 2: Post Match: Heel attacks Face

Week 3: Heel taunts attacking Face

Week 3: Face returns and chases Heel

Week 3: Authority Books Tag Team Match involving Face + ??? vs Heel + ???

Week 4: Hype for Tag Team Match

Week 4: Tag Team Match

PPV: Hype for Storyline/Match

PPV: Champion vs Challenge Match. ]]]]

like when you click writing story lines its just a bunch of blank boxes and nothing else, no wrestlers to select its just blanks and nothing else. so I don't understand how someone could write a big storyline up above into a bunch of blank boxes and the game be able to recognize the writing and do all of that. I dunno if i am making any sense or not. but I don't get how the story line feature works at all. my heads spinning

In other words when I click story line. I'm just clicking buttons and don't have a clue what I'm doing

Edited by SuperPowerSlam

Okay I'm trying to figure out how or what i am supposed to do. but I don't get it,I did watch idols video on booking matches and angles, and yes I now get how to book angles and matches.......

when I click story lines and click stuff are these going to some how show up in my cards ? or is it more complicated then that ?

Also when you write your own story lines. that has my head spinning. I dunno but it doesn't look like that would actually work just typing in a bunch of words. I dunno maybe I am just rattled because it is different but it looks kind of complicated. can anyone give me any advice on doing the story line things. seeing as I have never done this or seen anything like this before.

like when you click writing story lines its just a bunch of blank boxes and nothing else, no wrestlers to select its just blanks and nothing else. so I don't understand how someone could write a big storyline up above into a bunch of blank boxes and the game be able to recognize the writing and do all of that. I dunno if i am making any sense or not. but I don't get how the story line feature works at all. my heads spinning

In other words when I click story line. I'm just clicking buttons and don't have a clue what I'm doing

Just used Unchained Storylines....It saves us all a lot of explaining..

Guest SuperPowerSlam

@ shak02 can you or someone else point me to someone or a website to show me how to do this. I could write wrestling stories all day long. I've been watching wrestling since 1985 . so writing something would be the easy part.

I just don't understand where to put it, how to make it work , what buttons to push, what those empty boxes are supposed to do etc. In other words I don't have a clue how to use TEW to make it do this stuff. The writing story lines is not my problem

Edited by SuperPowerSlam

@ shak02 can you or someone else point me to someone or a website to show me how to do this. I could write wrestling stories all day long. I've been watching wrestling since 1985 . so writing something would be the easy part.

I just don't understand where to put it, how to make it work , what buttons to push, what those empty boxes are supposed to do etc. In other words I don't have a clue how to use TEW to make it do this stuff. The writing story lines is not my problem

Okay, let me break this down for you...When you click to Add a Storyline there are three different options you can choose...Either you choose and Unchained Storyline with no structured list of angles/matches to follow, or you choose one that has a list of orders for you to follow. If you pick Unchained, you are free to do whatever you want and any angle involving at least two of the individuals in the storyline will count towards the Storylines momentum. With storylines that have a Plot Points, you will only advance if you do exactly what the plot points ask you to do in order, and the storyline will end once there are no more plot points to follow. When you want to select a Storyline and start it, click SELECT and NOT Write Storyline. The third option is "Write SToryline", this isbasically where you set up the structure of a Plot-Point Based Storyline:

1. Have Wrestler A beat Wrestler B

2. Have Hype Angle with Wrestler A and B

3. Blah blah.

So, if you just want to have a storyline where you can do things as you wish, and have any angle you make count towards the SToryline, just click on the UNCHAINED storyline and press "Select". Forget about the Write Storyline feature completely.

Guest SuperPowerSlam

Ok so let me get this straight. your writing the story line or whatever. and adding in plots.

lets say for example the story line is that kane is attacking people backstage and he has a new victim each week and his victims are in the following order . steve austin , undertaker , the rock.

so what I am doing is going and clicking the angle button then selecting wrestler attacked backstage and putting in kane then austin ? is that how it works in other words the unchained and story lines are just notes of a plot and you go pick them out using angles ?

Edited by SuperPowerSlam

Do yourself a favor and use Unchained Storylines. If you picture a feud between say, I dunno Buff Bagwell and Norman Smiley for instance pick the unchained 1 vs 1 storyline. That's all you'll have to do in the Storyline Screen in game. Then, on the shows you book, ANY ANGLE that has both Bagwell and Smiley in it will count toward the storyline. If you're switching over from EWR, this way is pretty similar to the feud system.

Guest ironsheik7

Hello all. my question is a quickie so won't be much to it. I was playing tew 05 and I am looking at angles for 1989 and I am finding the following angles for my 1989 game. Mr sockos debut , doctor austin is in, triple h likes it on top, austin sprays nwo. I'm trying figure out what these are doing in my 1989 game with hulk hogan, honky tonk man, warrior etc. Did these come with 1989 when I downloaded it or did I end up downloading something else on the website and and accidentally sticking it in the data base ? anyways if i downloaded some angles can someone tell me which pack or what not I downloaded and stuck in their. because i would like to now use these angles for some wwf with austin, mick foley ,triple h etc.

Hello all. my question is a quickie so won't be much to it. I was playing tew 05 and I am looking at angles for 1989 and I am finding the following angles for my 1989 game. Mr sockos debut , doctor austin is in, triple h likes it on top, austin sprays nwo. I'm trying figure out what these are doing in my 1989 game with hulk hogan, honky tonk man, warrior etc. Did these come with 1989 when I downloaded it or did I end up downloading something else on the website and and accidentally sticking it in the data base ? anyways if i downloaded some angles can someone tell me which pack or what not I downloaded and stuck in their. because i would like to now use these angles for some wwf with austin, mick foley ,triple h etc.

They're probably included in the 1989 data. The creator likely added in angles like that because they were pivotal moments in the industry and should you ever want to recreate them... well, there you go. You don't need to have Foley, Austin, or Triple H to run those, they're just what the creator based it off of.

I tend to find that angle packs like that are why most people seem to have a problem with TEW; they see this massive list of angles and don't even know where to begin.

Ok so let me get this straight. your writing the story line or whatever. and adding in plots.

lets say for example the story line is that kane is attacking people backstage and he has a new victim each week and his victims are in the following order . steve austin , undertaker , the rock.

so what I am doing is going and clicking the angle button then selecting wrestler attacked backstage and putting in kane then austin ? is that how it works in other words the unchained and story lines are just notes of a plot and you go pick them out using angles ?

Listen...JUST USED UNCHAINED....Go to Storyline....Pick Unchained...Fill in the Info on the Right...and Click Select......Then ANYTHING you do in game involving those workers will benefit towards the Storylines momentum. Do us all a favor and prevent all of us from getting this giant headache and do as I say..

Listen...JUST USED UNCHAINED....Go to Storyline....Pick Unchained...Fill in the Info on the Right...and Click Select......Then ANYTHING you do in game involving those workers will benefit towards the Storylines momentum. Do us all a favor and prevent all of us from getting this giant headache and do as I say..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest CaptainHowdy

I'm working on story a line now In the process. basically heel vs face. I'm taking 2 workers I created one called the American bulldozer who is doing a USA patriot /hogan good guy gimmick and he will be facing a huge 6 foot 10 monster of a wrestler who wears a hockey mask called War Machine. I had to write some angles for it . But basically it starts with face is in ring celebrating a win after a match and from behind comes the monstrous war machine who attacks him and beats him down with a steel chair. In another attack American bulldozer is walking down the isle heading to the back after a match and he is attacked again by warmachine who power bombs him off of the stage. and in between I use some of the already wrote angles for warmachine like madness setting back stage talking to self , madness stabbing himself etc. As the story line progresses american bulldozer is doing an interview back stage when warmachine attacks him from behind busting a mirror over his head then warmachine picks up a piece of glass and starts stabbing american bulldozers in the throat with it as a whole host of officials run in. American bulldozer is then stretchered out and put in an ambulance and taken to the hospital . while in the hospital guards are placed at his door to guard him from any harm. war machine ends up at the hospital and beats up guards and attacks american bulldozer in the hospital and throws him through the glass window some 40 stories high. Is this the end of american bulldozer ? has war machine destroyed americas hero ? then one night back stage warmachine is attacked from nowhere from behind as american bulldozer makes his return and beats him to a bloody pulp with a chair. and from there bulldozer exclaims he has had enough of being rough shot and attacked from behind and he challenges the big monster to a 1 on 1 show down at the pay per view . its not done yet but im tweaking it and getting ready to do it soon

Edited by CaptainHowdy

I'm working on story a line now In the process. basically heel vs face. I'm taking 2 workers I created one called the American bulldozer who is doing a USA patriot /hogan good guy gimmick and he will be facing a huge 6 foot 10 monster of a wrestler who wears a hockey mask called War Machine. I had to write some angles for it . But basically it starts with face is in ring celebrating a win after a match and from behind comes the monstrous war machine who attacks him and beats him down with a steel chair. In another attack American bulldozer is walking down the isle heading to the back after a match and he is attacked again by warmachine who power bombs him off of the stage. and in between I use some of the already wrote angles for warmachine like madness setting back stage talking to self , madness stabbing himself etc. As the story line progresses american bulldozer is doing an interview back stage when warmachine attacks him from behind busting a mirror over his head then warmachine picks up a piece of glass and starts stabbing american bulldozers in the throat with it as a whole host of officials run in. American bulldozer is then stretchered out and put in an ambulance and taken to the hospital . while in the hospital guards are placed at his door to guard him from any harm. war machine ends up at the hospital and beats up guards and attacks american bulldozer in the hospital and throws him through the glass window some 40 stories high. Is this the end of american bulldozer ? has war machine destroyed americas hero ? then one night back stage warmachine is attacked from nowhere from behind as american bulldozer makes his return and beats him to a bloody pulp with a chair. and from there bulldozer exclaims he has had enough of being rough shot and attacked from behind and he challenges the big monster to a 1 on 1 show down at the pay per view . its not done yet but im tweaking it and getting ready to do it soon

A) Thanks for bumping an old thread :\

B) Interesting story....are you completely sane?

I just get the mental image of Jason attacking young Hulk Hogan while reading all that.