iCade

Herr Matzat

This is the April Fools mock up by think Geek.

icade02.jpg

And this is what is going to happen.

icade01.jpg

99$

based on a concept originally posted as an april fool's prank on thinkgeek.com,

the iCade, developed by ion audio in collaboration with atari,

brings a retro gaming experience to digital media.

the portable cabinet is designed to mimic the shape and appearance of old arcade machines.

iPads and other tablets can be slid into the iCade cradle either vertically or horizontally,

supported at optimal viewing angle.

any compatible game application on the iPad can be launched on screen

and controlled using the iCade full-size joystick and eight arcade buttons,

which are linked to the tablet via bluetooth.

http://www.designboom.com/weblog/cat/16/view/12752/ces-2011-icade-tabletop-arcade-by-ion.html

Aperently Atari is going to port over a shitload of old games especialy for this.

You know, wen Apple anounced the iPad about a year ago i was very underwelmed... if you look at it now without knowing what dos exists betwen the shitload of crappy Apps you might still be... but people and companys made it so brilliant... stuff like the iElectribe replacing a 500$ pice of Music Hardware, Obviusly Navigation Software, Sketchpad Pro (soon with preshure, so replacing a 999€ Cintqu!). If you care to make it more than farts and "flash" games it turns into such a gigand sandbox. <3 I am saving up to get one as soon as they release the next Gen. :w00t:

Edited by Michael Matzat on a Plane

Ok, Apple Boycott is now over. Now to ask an upstanding crackhead, since I live i the neighborhood to get me one at a high discount.

Also, this Electribe thing, say if I was bored and felt like doing a re-arrangement of Ken's Theme from Street Fighter II.. I could slam that out with ease?

No, it´s more like an Instrument of it´s own from what i understood, so basicly an instrument of it´s own. But i would be surprised if there was no App to mix music on.

List of Apps used for the latest Gorillaz Album.

iPad Applications Used: Speak It! / SoundyThingie / Mugician / Solo Synth / Synth / Funk Box / Gliss / AmpliTube / Xenon / iElectribe / BS-16i / M3000 HD / Cleartune / iOrgel HD / Olsynth / StudioMiniXI / BassLine / Harmonizer / Dub Siren Pro / Moog Filatron

Free Stream here.

http://thefall.gorillaz.com/

The new iPad should go on sale sometime betwen very soon and April, so waiting for a bit should be an option to consider. I almost got the money saved up. 8-)

Also already picked up some stuff, the two Monkey Island Special Editions were 0,79€ each around X-Mass and they offerd Baphomets Curs for free. Classic Point and click should be über with a Touch Display.

• 1 month later...