2011 Copa Centroamericana

HailtotheYo

Yeah, that was some tough luck but with the way Honduras played in the 2nd half a tie is a good result to walk away with.

Panama looked decent but Belize is pretty terrible. I don't see anyone really throwing a wrench into things unless El Salvador plays their best game of the tournament against one of Honduras/Costa Rica.

Good slate of matches tonight starting with Belize/Nicaragua ... it's essentially an elimination game. 10mins left and Belize has equalized at 1 and Nicaragua is down a man. Belize needs to win, if it stays tied Nicaragua goes through on goal differential.

Honduras and Guatemala next followed by Panama and El Salvador which should be a good match. Honduras and Guatemala is just Guatemala trying to throw a wrench in things.

Ok.Costa Rica vs Panama(A Replay from last final) and Honduras vs Salvador.I say Costa Rica :shifty: vs Honduras in the final.

Also,do you think is fair for Guatemala to play for the 5 place and final spot for the Gold Cup without even a point?.

Yeah I do considering that there's an odd number of teams AND given the showing against Honduras last night, they at least get to be the "other team" that someone has to beat in order to get in.

Nicaragua and Belize only got a point becuase they played each other. Guatemala was in the group with the two best teams in the competition. It is definately fair that Guatemala plays whichever of those two (in this case Nicaragua) has "earned" the 5th place game. If you were to put Nicaragua/Belize in the other group and Guatemala in with Panama/El Salvedor/either Nicaragua or Belize ... Guatemala would have at least a point, if not 3 or 4.

It was set up like this on purpose.

They way things have played out thus far, I think we'll se either Honduras or Costa Rica upset in the semis.

Honduras is into the final ....

Panama and Costa Rica are playing a great semi-final. Borges hit a fantastic curling free kick right inside the post to go up, but Blas Perez equilized and the crowd went absolute ape shit .... I mean damn. The history between these two teams in this tourny is awesome and this game is just adding to it.