TEW05 Real World Update: February 2011

A minor gripe, but why does Sean Morley have an A rating for looks? I mean, is he really better-looking than, say, Christian (who is a B+)?

Also, maybe it's just me, but I think Triple H's technical stats are too high. According to the update he's almost on par with guys like CM Punk, William Regal and Daniel Bryan and better than guys like Dolph Ziggler and Alberto Del Rio. Not to mention that since he hasn't wrestled in almost a year that he wouldn't be as good now as he was then.

Alot of stats are still like they were in 05/06 and i rarely get any stat changes which is sorta the reason some of them havent changed in ages

Update on Kimbo Slice:

No boxing, and now no wrestling?

According to Dave Meltzer, former UFC fighter and short lived boxer Kimbo Slice has pulled out of his scheduled pro wrestling debut, due to an injury suffered in practice. Slice was set to debut on 2/5 in Fukuoka.

http://gerweck.net/2011/02/02/kimbo-slice-pulls-out-of-wrestling-commitment/

-Set Romeo Roselli to Semi-Active Wrestler, he's working as an actor mostly. Change his favoured roles to Wrestler: Rarely/Sometimes, Semi-Active Wrestler: Usually

I mostly follow the big promotions, but I will try to start making some decent suggestions for joshi and maybe some of the neglected looking japanese wrestlers i know about. The thing about joshi these days is that there are no big promotions left and most of the promotions share talent. A lot of the veterans are in S-Ovation. On the whole, I think joshi popularity bottomed out over the last couple years but is now starting to grow again. New promotions are springing up with some success and Kurihara's even been getting some mainstream sports network coverage, which is very unusual. Puroresu Representin' (perhaps you know of it) is a good English blog for Japanese wrestling results and info. It also has profiles for many Japanese wrestlers. However, the author does not use dates, but instead uses quantitative numbers like age and years. I think most of these profiles were written in 2009, and may not all be up to date.

As for the Shirais, they've been around a few years now, since 2007 or earlier. I haven't seen a whole lot of them, but i like what i do. They are still a bit unpolished, but stand out due to being flashy, edgy and attractive. (At least by joshi standards) To which point, i don't think you've added your pics of them.

Here I will add suggestions:

Io Shirai:

BIO: "Io Shirai is an acrobatic young joshi wrestler who competes primarily in tag team wrestling along with her older sister Mio Shirai in a variety of promotions. Previously associated with TEAM MAKEHEN, Io is now a freelancer and works in a variety of different promotions. She & Mio are viewed as future superstars and are considered to be young heartthrobs as well thanks in part to their good looks. The sisters have recently formed the "Three Tails" stable, along with Kana. " - mostly copied from Puroresu Representin' Blog.

Active in: Japan, Mexico, North America

Style -> Super Junior or Spot Monkey

Other Finisher: Somersault Dropkick (I don't know what she calls it or of other wrestlers who use it)

Personality: Normal or Free Spirit

Performance:

Heel Performance: -> Good

Cool Performance: -> Medium

Cocky Performance: -> Medium

Weasel Performance: -> Medium

Skills:

Strong Style: 15 -> 30

Mat Work: 25 -> 35

Chain Wrestling: 20 -> 35

Aerial: 45 -> 70

Flashiness: 45 -> 70

Microphone: 30 -> 40

Charisma: 35 -> 45

Looks: 45 -> 65

Superstar Quality: 45 -> 55

Basics: 45 -> 50

Athleticism: 50 -> 75

Stamina: 40 -> 55

Popularity:

SE USA +3%

All Japan Regions: +3%

Mio Shirai:

BIO: "Mio Shirai is a joshi wrestler who competes primarily in tag team matches with her younger sister Io Shirai, but also does a bit more singles wrestling than her sister. Her gimmick is unique in that it suggests she's more of a shoot wrestler/fighter as she wears what appears to be MMA gloves and often utilizes very stiff-looking kicks as part of her arsenal. Like her sister she was previously associated with TEAM MAKEHEN but is now a freelancer. She is considered a future star and some have billed her and Io as joshi's newest heartthrobs.The sisters have recently formed the "Three Tails" stable, along with Kana." Again, mostly from that blog.

Active in: Japan, Mexico, North America

English: -> Basic

Style -> Strong Style or Regular

Finisher: Moonsault Press -> STO

Personality: Normal or Free Spirit

Performance:

Heel Performance: -> Good

Cool Performance: -> Medium

Cocky Performance: -> Medium

Weasel Performance: -> Medium

Skills:

Strong Style: 15 -> 45

Hardcore: 10 -> 15

Mat Work: 25 -> 35

Chain Wrestling: 20 -> 35

Submissions: 10 -> 25

Aerial: 45 -> 35

Flashiness: 45 -> 50

Charisma: 35 -> 45

Looks: 45 -> 75

Superstar Quality: 45 -> 55

Basics: 45 -> 50

Athleticism: 50 -> 55

Intensity: 45 -> 50

Popularity:

SE USA +3%

All Japan Regions: +3%

KANA: (add to SMASH, one of the most talented young joshis today)

kanav.jpgkana3.jpgkana2.jpgkana4.jpg

BIO:

Kana is a 7-year veteran who started out in ARSION & AtoZ in 2004, but became a freelancer in 2007. She finally broke through in October 2009, winning her first career title-the NEO Tag Team Championship with Nanae Takahashi before the two had a falling out. She sometimes uses a shootfight style in the ring, employing stiff-looking kicks that hit as hard as they sound. In 2010 she formed the "Three Tails" stable aong with Mio and Io Shirai, and has begun her own promotion called KANA PRO. - some info from the blog

Name: Kanako Urai

Short name: Kana

Birth: ??? I will guess January 1982

Japanese/Japan, Active in Japan only

Personal Data:

Style: Technical or Strong Style

Size: Small

Personality: Driven

Attitude: Normal or Politician

Preference: Pure

Booking Style: Youth Energy

Wrestler: Usually

Japanese: Fluent

English: Basic

Main Finisher: Biliken

Other Finisher: Roundhouse Kick

Performance:

Babyface Performance: Medium

Heel Performance: Good

Cool Performance: Medium

Cocky Performance: Good

Crazy Performance: Medium

Legit Performance: Medium

Comedy Performance: Weak

Weasel Performance: Weak

Brute Performance: Medium

Wholesome Performance: Medium

Skills:

Brawling: 45

Power: 35

Strong Style: 60

Hardcore: 10

MMA Style: ---

Mat Work: 60

Chain Wrestling: 55

Submissions: 55

Aerial: 15

Flashiness: 65

Microphone: 65

Charisma: 60

Acting: 55

Looks: 60

Superstar Quality: 60

Basics: 70

Psychology: 65

Safety: 35

Consistency: 65

Selling: 65

Athleticism: 55

Toughness: 65

Stamina: 60

Intensity: 75

Stiffness: 85

Resilience: 60

Menace: 35

Business Skill: 10

Booking Skill: 10

Respect: 5

Popularity: Japan 20%, Rest 0%

Here's a short vid of all these girls in action during their short time together:

Mio Shirai, Io Shirai and Kana (Triple Tails) with their theme music by "Blutch1987". He makes vids for a lot of joshis.

Finishing up with a little men's puro.

Go Shiozaki's power should be like b-.

I will second that, if not higher than B-.

Surely, this is above 18% power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clUABbD6_ek

In other puro related stats, Minoru Suzuki could use a little love. Most notably, his Menace is only 18%, and he is somewhat of an intimidator.

Right, RG?

http://rpmedia.ask.c...ru_Suzuki_2.jpg

I would also boost his Charisma, Superstar Quality and Looks above 50% at least.

And change performance ratings:

Cool Performance: Weak -> Medium

Cocky Performance: Weak -> Medium

Comedy Performance: Weak -> Medium

And that's probably all for the moment. If you have a preferred format for suggestions, just name it and i will try to conform next time.

I mostly follow the big promotions, but I will try to start making some decent suggestions for joshi and maybe some of the neglected looking japanese wrestlers i know about. The thing about joshi these days is that there are no big promotions left and most of the promotions share talent. A lot of the veterans are in S-Ovation. On the whole, I think joshi popularity bottomed out over the last couple years but is now starting to grow again. New promotions are springing up with some success and Kurihara's even been getting some mainstream sports network coverage, which is very unusual. Puroresu Representin' (perhaps you know of it) is a good English blog for Japanese wrestling results and info. It also has profiles for many Japanese wrestlers. However, the author does not use dates, but instead uses quantitative numbers like age and years. I think most of these profiles were written in 2009, and may not all be up to date.

As for the Shirais, they've been around a few years now, since 2007 or earlier. I haven't seen a whole lot of them, but i like what i do. They are still a bit unpolished, but stand out due to being flashy, edgy and attractive. (At least by joshi standards) To which point, i don't think you've added your pics of them.

And that's probably all for the moment. If you have a preferred format for suggestions, just name it and i will try to conform next time.

Ice Ribbon, JWP and WAVE are the only feds I notice currently running regular shows right now so if a I were to add a joshi fed it will most likely be one of them (most likely Ice Ribbon cause I do like what their doing from the minimal stuff I‘ve seen).

Also as long as you give number changes I’m happy, I hate trying to convert a letter raiting to a number raiting.

Ice Ribbon, JWP and WAVE are the only feds I notice currently running regular shows right now so if a I were to add a joshi fed it will most likely be one of them (most likely Ice Ribbon cause I do like what their doing from the minimal stuff I've seen).

Ice Ribbon is somewhat interesting in that they have been pioneering a new business model. They comprise mostly of youngsters, but they run 2 small shows from their dojo each week, drawing maybe 100 people. They also do bigger shows every month or two, drawing the typical joshi crowd of around 500 or so. Additionally, they have a webshow on Ustream which i recently found out about called 19Pro. (It wont let me post links without YouMustEnteraPost error msg.) It gets about 1000 viewers and airs at 19:00 in Japan. (That's 10AM GMT, 5AM EST) Next show is tomorrow, Feb 7. ICE has a less serious style than promotions such as JWP and Wave, which are more traditional and feature more seasoned wrestlers. JWP is still a larger promotion than ICE, and I think they even have some kind of TV deal. They also seem to have begun to run shows from their training facility as well, with about the same results. Sendai Girls is another school/promotion, which is more traditional and runs shows semi-regularly. Oz Academy still runs shows, using mostly veterans. Stardom and Diana are two new promotions, just getting their start. Then you have some individual wrestlers and stables putting together the occasional event. And that's about it for Joshi feds.

Here are some suggestions for some of the SHIMMER and 2 SMASH Joshis.

SHIMMER

Ayumi Kurihara

BIO: Trained by Mariko Yoshida, AKINO, Michiko Ohmukai and GAMI, Ayumi has perhaps become the new generation's top star, winning 4 championships over the past year. Her tenacious crowd-pleasing style has made her a quick hit with fans around the world.

Active in: North America, Mexico, Japan

Main Finisher: Facelock -> Uranage

Other Finisher: Fujiwara Armbar -> Wrist-clutch Uranage

Performance: Babyface Performance: Medium -> Good

Skills:

Strong Style: 55 -> 50

Aerial: 55 -> 70

Flashiness: 55 -> 60

Charisma: 60 -> 75

Looks: 45 -> 70

Superstar Quality: 40 -> 75

Basics: 60 -> 65

Psychology: 55 -> 60

Business: 0 -> 10

Booking: 0 -> 10

Respect: 0 -> 20

//She runs an annual show, her last one featured Ayako Hamada, AKINO and Ultimo Dragon among others. Kurihara also appeared at Ultimo Dragon's Dragonmaina, as well as overseas with SHIMMER, JAPW, AAA and CMLL over the past year. Always as a well-recieved babyface.

Popularity:

Tri State: +6%

Mexico: +10%

Japan: +7%

Relationships: Mentors: Mariko Yoshida, AKINO, Michiko Ohmukai(not in game), GAMI, Yoshiko Tamura.

Hiroyo Matsumoto

BIO: One of the strongest women in pro-wrestling today, Hiroyo Matsumoto has has won titles in JPW, NEO, OZ Academy and Ice Ribbon. She forms one half of the "Seven Star Sisters" with Misaki Ohata.

Main Finisher: Argentine Backbreaker -> High-Angle Backdrop

Other Finisher: Lyger Bomb

Performance: Brute Performance: Weak -> Good

Skills:

Power: 19 -> 75 (strong as Beth Phoenix, just watched her give Kong a torture rack)

Aerial: 58 -> 30

Looks: 14 -> 60? (depends, she has a good look for a power wrestler)

Superstar Quality: 14 -> 50

Basics: 68 -> 73

Psychology: 33 -> 40

Safety: 68 -> 75

Menace: 0 -> 50

Popularity:

Tri-State: +5%

Japan: +7%

Appeared with JAPW and SHIMMER

Relationships: Friendship with Misaki Ohata

Misaki Ohata

BIO: A small but versatile technical wrestler, Ohata has won championships in JWP and WAVE. She forms one half of the "Seven Star Sisters" with Hiroyo Matsumoto.

Size: Small -> Very Small

Other Finisher: -> Fisherman Buster

Performance: Wholesome Performance: Medium -> Good

Skills:

Mat Work: 33 -> 45

Chain Wrestling: 46 -> 60

Submissions: 32 -> 60

Aerial: 68 -> 55

Basics: 62 -> 75

Popularity:

Japan: +5%

Appeared with JAPW and SHIMMER

Relationships: Friendship with Hiroyo Matsumoto

Tomoka Nakagawa

BIO: A small but ferocious joshi wrestler with a well-rounded skillset who usually plays a heel. She was recently part of the Revoultion Amandola stable with Atsuo Emoto and Kyoko Kimura and also competes in K-Dojo.

Active in: North America, Mexico, Japan

Size: Small -> Very Small

Main Finisher: Dropkick -> Running Kneeling Clothesline

Performance:

Heel Performance: Medium -> Good

Cool Performance: Weak -> Medium

Cocky Performance: Weak -> Medium

Weasel Performance: Weak -> Medium

Skills:

Brawling: 43 -> 55

Hardcore: 0 -> 55

Mat Work: 33 -> 45

Chain Wrestling: 46 -> 50

Submissions: 32 -> 40

Aerial: 68 -> 50

Flashiness: 68 -> 60

Basics: 62 -> 70

Psychology: 49 -> 55

Intensity: 43 -> 55

Stiffness: 29 -> 45

Menace: 0 -> 40

Popularity:

Mexico: +6%

Japan: +5%

Appeared with JAPW, SHIMMER, Kaientai Dojo(couple years)

Relationships: Team "Revoultion Amandola" with Kyoko Kamura, (Atsuko Emoto retired)

SMASH

Lin Bairon

linbairon1.jpgraytp.jpglinbairon2.jpg

BIO: A skilled 7 year veteran initially appearing in IBUKI as the masked high-flyer RAY. She has unmasked in SMASH and now competes as Lin Bairon, a slightly goofy Hong Kong martial arts movie extra.

Birth: Feb 1982

Nationality: Other (Korean, billed from Hong Kong)

Based in: Japan

Fluent Japanese, Passable English (seems to know English, very heavy accent)

Active Wrestler

Super Junior

Small

Face Gimmick: Luchadore

Heel Gimmick: Small Time Actor (Kung Fu Movie Extra)

Performance:

Heel Performance: Medium

Cool Performance: Medium

Cocky Performance: Weak

Crazy Performance: Medium

Comedy Performance: Medium

Weasel Performance: Weak

Brute Performance: Weak

Weird Perforamnce: Weak

Wholesome Performance: Medium

Skills:

Brawling: 40

Power: 30

Strong Style: 45

Hardcore: 5

MMA: --

Mat Work: 50

Chain Wrestling: 55

Submissions: 40

Aerial: 80

Flashiness: 70

Microphone: 30

Charisma: 45

Acting: 45

Looks: 50

Superstar Quality: 45

Basics: 75

Psychology: 45

Safety: 60

Consistency: 60

Selling: 70

Athleticism: 75

Toughness: 50

Stamina: 65

Intensity: 45

Stiffness: 40

Resilience: 45

Menace: 20

Popularity:

Japan: 15%

Contracts: Regular in SMASH as Lin Bairon, to appear as RAY in Frontier Martial Arts(not in game)

Syuri

syuri2.jpgsyuri.jpg

BIO: Intially appearing in HUSTLE as KG the Karate Girl. Training under Tajiri, Syuri has become the focus of the joshi division in SMASH. Syuri has also competed for the MMA promotion Jewels, winning a kickboxing bout.

Name: Syuri

Birth: Feb 1979

Debut: 2008 for HUSTLE as KG

Japanese/Japan/Japan Activity

Fluent Japanese, Basic English

Active Wrestler

Style: Strong Style/MMA Crossover

Gimmick: Joshi Shooter

Finisher: Roundhouse Kick

Performance:

Heel Performance: Weak

Wholesome Performance: Good

Rest: Weak

Skills:

Brawling: 40

Power: 20

Strong Style: 50

Hardcore: 10

MMA Style: 35

Mat Work: 35

Chain Wrestling: 35

Submissions: 40

Aerial: 25

Flashiness: 50

Microphone: 65

Charisma: 65

Acting: 55

Looks: 65

Superstar Quality: 55

Basics: 65

Psychology: 35

Safety: 70

Selling: 70

Athleticism: 60

Toughness: 60

Stamina: 55

Intensity: 55

Stiffness: 60

Resilience: 50

Menace: 5

Popularity: Japan 16%

Contracts: SMASH

Relationships: Student of Yoshihiro Tajiri

Whew, that's it for now.

Edited by yourheroa

Sorry, but I have a problem and I don't know what to do...

I've created Database, and almost all works... almost because when I try to start new game I have an error:

Invalid Contract: Monty Lynch has both exclusive and non-exclusive contract

What should I do?

Thanks for help

your using the old data, the links not link to the newer version.

to fix the problem just remove Rampage Brown's contract with All Star Wrestling.

A few title changes:

Osaka Pro Owari Champion is Kanjuro Matsuyama

Osaka Pro Tag Team Champions are Kuuga and Orochi

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions are Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi

IWGP Tag Team Champions are Karl Anderson and Giant Bernard

DGUSA Open the United Gate champions are Masato Yoshino and PAC

Masahiro Chono became some sort of executive producer for IGF (no idea what would be his TEW Status but he doesn't wrestle anymore) and is not affiliated with NJPW anymore

Keiji Mutoh is not "On Hiatus" anymore

Also in Suwama's bio, change "won the AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship once" to "won the AJPW Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship twice"

A few title changes:

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions are Prince Devitt and Ryusuke Taguchi

Aw man, Omega and Ibushi lost the belts?

Few other changes:

Give Joe Doering an AJPW contract

DG Open the Twin Gate Champions are Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi

AJPW World Tag Team Champions are KONO & Joe Doering

A few title changes:

Aw man, Omega and Ibushi lost the belts?

yup, 23.01.2011 @ Tokyo Korakuen Hall

Well, Associação Portuguesa de Wrestling (Portuguese Wrestling Association) has been running monthly shows for the past 4 or 5 months here in POrtugal so I guess they can be added.

If not at least some Portuguese wrestlers, I'll be glad to provide some stats as long as someone else will help me with them... Any Portuguese guys around here?