EWB March Madness Challenge

sahyder1

Whether you follow college basketball on a day to day basis or just want to fill out one of the brackets for bragging rights join us in one of the NCAA Pick'em games. I have set up groups for games on both Yahoo and ESPN. I honestly don't remember who won the groups last year.

Yahoo NCAA Tournament Pick'em

The Yahoo game is a traditional pick'em. Brackets have to be filled out before the tournament starts. The scoring system will be as follows:

Round 1 - 1 point each

Round 2 - 2 points each

Round 3 - 4 points each

Round 4 - 8 points each

Round 5 - 16 points each

Round 6 - 32 points each

Instead of a traditional bonus point for upsets You will get bonus points based on seeds. So if you pick a 15/2 upset, in addition to the 1 point you will also get 13 bonus points (15 minus 2). Bonus points will apply through the tournament. So anytime you pick a lower seed correctly you will get bonus points.

Group ID - 53333

Password - ewb

ESPN Tournament Challenge

This one is also a traditional bracket challenge. Brackets have to be filled out before the tournament starts. We will be using ESPN's default scoring.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Round by Round

We've all been screwed over with certain lower rank teams screwing up our brackets in the opening weekend. This game doesn't require you to fill out your entire bracket before the tournament starts.

Group Name - EWB

Password - ewb

Here is more info on the scoring for this game

Edited by sahyder1

Yahoo does a 2nd chance bracket for people who a)got their brackets busted early or b)just didn't fill out a bracket. They are accepting entries up until the end of the Round of 32.

I just created a group. If you were in my Yahoo Group you already got an invite.

Group ID 4491

Password - ewb

Can people also post their Yahoo and ESPN names if they aren't obvious. I can't tell who's leading the two Yahoo groups and the ESPN group right now. Anyone?

Edited by sahyder1