TEW05 Classic Update: 1997 (WIP)

Just finished the last of the main promotions so the following promotions are now finished.

- All Japan Pro-Wrestling (AJPW)

- Asistencia Asesoría y Administration (AAA)

- Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL)

- Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW)

- Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling (FMW)

- New Japan Pro-Wrestling (NJPW)

- Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts (OMEGA)

- World Championship Wrestling (WCW)

- World Wrestling Federation (WWF)

Now its time to expand on the lower promotions and for now I've added in the following

- All Japan Women's Pro-Wrestling (AJW)

- Big Japan Pro-Wrestling (BJW)

- Border City Wrestling (BCW)

- Catch Wrestling Association (CWA)

- East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA)

- Fighting Investigation Team BattlARTS (BattlARTS)

- GAEA Japan (GAEA)

- Michinoku Pro Wrestling (M-Pro)

- Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW)

- Wrestle Association-R (WA-R)

To those who download and look through if there are any workers not currently included that you know were active around the time make suggestions and it will expand the free agents list.

Database: MEGAUPLOAD & RAPIDSHARE

Very random stat but tick drug use for Hugo Savinovich, he has admitted to being a heavy user along with good friend (best friend relationship in game) with Jake Roberts.

Also, make an inactive tag team between Terry Gordy and Michael Hayes as the Fabulous Freebirds. Also set them to best friends.

And about Kurt Angle, having him as a non-wrestler means nobody will ever be able to push him as a wrestler right? So maybe have him set to inactive wrestler or on hiatus?

Now I'm assuming because of Jim Niedhart's blank relationships and tag teams that your waiting on doing those for everyone.

Edited by tougie

And about Kurt Angle, having him as a non-wrestler means nobody will ever be able to push him as a wrestler right? So maybe have him set to inactive wrestler or on hiatus?

Now I'm assuming because of Jim Niedhart's blank relationships and tag teams that your waiting on doing those for everyone.

Kurt Angle is set that way for 2 reasons, firstly his first wrestling appearance was in 96 for ECW and he was not a wrestler, secondly he didnt start training until 98 so for 97 he wouldent be doing anything, for 98 he would be changed to being active.

Jim Neidhart was just added so didnt get round to doing his relations yet like a few other of the free agents.

One specific thing I noticed was that The Giant is set as a face, but also in the nWo. Other then some obvious things, it's a pretty good work in progress.

The nWo is one problem I have specifically getting who was in it at the time.

In regards to Giant from the results he is going up against Hogan for the title after winning WW3 and then follows up in February teaming with Luger to take the tag titles so I'd assume he left the nWo between WW3 and Souled Out I'm just not sure if it was in 96 or 97.

Online World of Wrestling may have some info you would find interesting. They have results for shows in the past, so it may have what you need.

• 1 month later...

An update on this db? Been looking forward to the completed product.

Still a WIP that i havent had time to work on for a bit, i'm ay a point of adding in a few named stars who were active at the time just not as known, also have a few feds to work through as well.

If you need any help let me know, got a lot of time of free time on my hands at the moment. Whether its for stats, or finding out who was in a promotion, don't matter to me.

Knee surgery gives you plenty of time to work on something like this.

Edited by tougie

• 1 month later...

Bit of a bump here, just as an update on the current situation here, right now the database is nearing a releasable state however I'm have a small issue with staff namely with referees as I've only got referees signed with the big 3 (WWF, WCW & ECW) so if anyone can help match these referees with promotions they were working around the time

Adonis Salazar

Babe Richard

Charles Robinson

Dave Hebner

El Tirantes

Hiroshi Murayama

Hiroyuki Unno

Katsuhisa Shibata

Kotetsu Yamamoto

Kyohei Wada

Mal Mason

Marty Asami

Masao Tayama

Pepe Casas

Shoji Kai

Ted Tanabe

Terror Chino

Teruo Takahashi

Theodore Long

Tiger Hattori

Tigre Hispano

Tim White

Bit of a bump here, just as an update on the current situation here, right now the database is nearing a releasable state however I'm have a small issue with staff namely with referees as I've only got referees signed with the big 3 (WWF, WCW & ECW) so if anyone can help match these referees with promotions they were working around the time

Adonis Salazar

Babe Richard

Charles Robinson

Dave Hebner

El Tirantes

Hiroshi Murayama

Hiroyuki Unno

Katsuhisa Shibata

Kotetsu Yamamoto

Kyohei Wada

Mal Mason

Marty Asami

Masao Tayama

Pepe Casas

Shoji Kai

Ted Tanabe

Terror Chino

Teruo Takahashi

Theodore Long

Tiger Hattori

Tigre Hispano

Tim White

I know Robinson was signed by WCW in 97, but since this was in January I guess he should be a free agent.

Tim White was with WWF.

Theodore Long I believe should be a Free Agent. He didnt go to the WWF until 1999, and I don't believe he was still with WCW in 97.

Pretty sure Tirantes was still in AAA as a heel ref.

I believe Dave Hebner had retired as a ref by 97 and was a full time road agent. Not completely sure.

Here is an update on the situation of the database, I'd say its around 80-90% finished with the main bulk of promotions and rosters finished although in saying that their might be a few people not included or not signed hence putting it out here to fix any issues.

Main bits of info I'm looking for would be anyone missing from the database who should or could be included (I'm only including workers who will debut during 1997 or before).

Main areas I need to finish up on would be networks as I can only find the main ones for the US and Canada anyone know of lower level stations in the areas as well as stations for Mexico, Japan and Europe, and to add any workers who have yet to be included.

Database: MEGAUPLOAD