The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Brian Burke is literally the greatest of human beings.

?

is it because of this?

Burke gave theScore’s Sophia Jurksztowicz a lengthy interview on the work he’s doing, and as I mentioned, you aren’t gonna wanna miss the teasers below – he’s incredibly candid. He discusses how Brendan helped mend his relationship with Kevin Lowe, which was at one point a full-blown disaster (including – and how crazy is this – they were going to rent a barn in Lake Placid and have an ACTUAL fist fight before Gary Bettman found out, called and intervened).

A fistfight in a barn over Dustin Penner seems about as funny as something can possibly be now that we're in 2011.

I don't know if you can watch fifth estate on the CBC website from outside Canada, but the special they did on Brendan Burke and openly gay athletes was tremendous. It includes some of the Burke's home movies, and the secret family man side of Brian Burke (every dad who won't put down the video camera at Christmas basically) shockingly humanizes him.

This is the quote I was talking about, from this article:

I wish this burden would fall on someone else’s shoulders, not Brendan’s. Pioneers are often misunderstood and mistrusted. But since he wishes to blaze this trail, I stand beside him with an axe!

That is the stuff Presidential speeches are made of. Bless you, Burke, you're like the real-life Jack Donaghy.

This is the quote I was talking about, from this article:

I wish this burden would fall on someone else's shoulders, not Brendan's. Pioneers are often misunderstood and mistrusted. But since he wishes to blaze this trail, I stand beside him with an axe!

That is the stuff Presidential speeches are made of. Bless you, Burke, you're like the real-life Jack Donaghy.

Holy shit, Jack Donaghy is our general manager :o