The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

As much as the new rules on headshots are helping, it's not enough. There needs to be more changes in the equipment they use, specifically helmets and shoulder pads.

• Like 1

As much as the new rules on headshots are helping, it's not enough. There needs to be more changes in the equipment they use, specifically helmets and shoulder pads.

• Like 1

Yup. And a lot of the concussions are on hits that are still legal, or hits that can't be suspensions due to the player taking the hit putting themselves in a vulnerable position.

Guest mr. potato head

Yeah. I don't get the sense that there are more concussion-inducing hits this year at all, it's just that people are more aware and more protective of their future ability to function like a normal person. SDM's right when he says that equipment is what they should be looking at, because the only other option is to remove contact altogether.

I agree with SDM and Plubby. There is probably about the same amount of concussions as before, if not less, they`re just on the lookout for them now so they`re being diagnosed more frequently. I`d say they`ve done enough in the way of rule changes, but equipment has to be looked at now. Don Cherry had a segment on CC a long time ago that put it best, I wish I could find the clip of it.

EDIT: Aha! Found it.

Also, Leafs traded Luca Caputi to Anaheim for Nicolas Deschamps. I liked Caputi :( Don't know of Deschamps though, so here's hoping he's good.

Edited by Mountainous Cleavage

I like the Leafs being perfect on the PK tonight and beating Tampa. There is not a big margin of error here for the Leafs, so they need to pick up the two points againsts teams like Tampa that are going to be battling for the 6-8 spots.

A few minor moves the past two days by the Leafs....I like it.

A minor trade in Caputi for Deschamps (who scored for the Marlies last night!)....kind of a change of scenery type deal.

Then placing Orr and Dupuis on waivers.

Orr clears space for Brown to return, and I am guessing Aulie goes down when Komi is back.

Great effort tonight. Kessel has scored a lot of his goals by just finding that room in front and tipping it in or one timing the puck. Grabbo had a hell of a game, and Gustavvson seems to be playing more to his strengths.

If Phaneuf misses time, we will be in trouble.

Being Danish i felt a little pride when Lars Eller opened up a can of you know what on the Jets. 4 goals in one night. WOW :wub: (and this comes from a Bruins fan)

I wish he would've score five...no, seven. TEN! TEN GOALS UPON THEIR HEADS!

Yes, I know it was a business decision. Yes, I know nobody showed up to Philips Arena. Yes, I know they were never really that good. But, damnit, those Jets were once my Thrashers. :(

Ergo, complete, unbridled, unjustified hatred towards the Jets. Though I'll try to keep it contIHOPETHEYCRAPONEACHOTHERained.

So, as a former Thrashers fan....which team do you cheer for now? How did you come to this decision?

I haven't picked a new favorite yet. I think this year...this year I'm The Joker. I just want to watch it burn.

Which is ironic, given the ice and all.

Seriously, though, I love that Florida is leading the SE Divison. That if the playoffs started now, Toronto would be a higher seed than the Caps. I WANT CHAOS, DAMNIT!

So, as a former Thrashers fan....which team do you cheer for now? How did you come to this decision?

I haven't picked a new favorite yet. I think this year...this year I'm The Joker. I just want to watch it burn.

Which is ironic, given the ice and all.

Seriously, though, I love that Florida is leading the SE Divison. That if the playoffs started now, Toronto would be a higher seed than the Caps. I WANT CHAOS, DAMNIT!

There is something wrong in the world.

Also, always room on the Toronto Wagon! Hop on before we become a cup contender! :D

Any idea what might change in the CBA? I personally hope they put a limit on contract length....not a fan of 6+ year contracts. I love free agency and trading, and bigger/longer contracts make trade deadline/free agent frenzy less fun.