The Thread Where We've All Got Playoff Beards

Ruki

Future Calder Trophy winner Gabriel Landeskog.

I'm pulling for Adam Henrique who's been blowaway all season in all situations for NJ, but we'll see. Nugent-Hopkins might spoil it for both of them, injuries be damned.

Downie has skill but has always been used in a pretty limited role. I think there will probably be a balancing of the scales where Avs fans start to see the less desirable elements of his game before long.

Landy is playing in all situations, too :P Hasn't scored so much shorthanded as Henrique, but leads all rookies in Goals, Shots, +/-, Time on Ice per game (amongst forwards), Shifts per game (also against forwards). He only trails Henrique by 3 in total points.

Nugent-Hopkins looks good given he is nearly at a point-per-game pace, but if he keeps missing time then his overall numbers might be too far behind come end of the season.

I'm a little surprised they didn't go for Wolski from the Rangers. It was really just a salary dump for us, we accepted a 3rd round and a minor player. He's very streaky, but his contract is up at the end of the season. I don't think it would've been that bad of a deal.

Guest mr. potato head

I like the Colorado/San Jose deal for Colorado (and it's not bad for San Jose either as a depth move). Winnick and Galiardi weren't exactly integral to the team, McGinn is basically a lateral move from either of them, and Sgarbossa will probably be able to contribute at a similar level next year before taking off a couple years down the line.

I guess it all depends on how you view Zack Kassian and Hodgson. I'm sure some value Hodgson much more than I do. Perhaps if I were following more than just 10-15 Vancouver games, I'd feel the same...but from what I've seen, Kassian should have a bright future. I like the toughness this adds to Vancouver.

Edited by thisgamewelose