Euro 2004

pigeon

Ok, with your strong arguments you've convinced me.

The freekick was unstoppable.

James is the best keeper in the world.

Every Zidane freekick goes in, no need to try and save it.

Rooney can dribble past every player on field & the ref and still score with ease.

Beckham is a penalty god.

England totally owned France and it was just bad luck.

England will win the tournament.

England > every other nation.

England >>>>>>>>>> Germany not only in sport but in every aspect of life.

I'm sorry for being a fucking retard and doubting all those things first. I hope you can forgive me.

Stop being a dick. They merely disagreed with you and made some sensible arguments. You make it seem like as if the English hate Germans or something.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, with your strong arguments you've convinced me.

I'm sorry for being a fucking retard and doubting all those things first. I hope you can forgive me.

Its ok. Easy mistakes to make. And I would like to think I actually tried to contribute to this discussion by giving some arguments, strong or otherwise, rather than 'contribute' to this discussion in the way you have by making stuff up, and by being a dick, and in the case of the last post, not including an argument at all.

Rooney can dribble past every player on field & the ref and still score with ease.

Now, I don't recall ever saying, or trying to say any of the above except the first point, I even agreed with you in part about the Rooney point, and accepted yhat you could well be right about the penalty placement from Beckahm. The fact you just made all the rest up highlights the fact you are a complete fucking retard, who won't even try and engage in an adult discussion, and are being moronic. In future I suggest you actually try and debate the points raised instead of being sarcastic and being making things up.

Just for the record, James is far from being the best keeper in the world, not every Zidane free-kick is unstopable, and there is a need to try and save one. I never said Rooney could dribble past everyone on the pitch, and never claimed Beckham was a penalty god. Whilst England played well, I have already admitted to France playing very well at times, and we in no means owned them. It wasn't bad luck at all. I never said we would win the tournament, though it is a possibility. I'd like to make it clear that I in no way consider England favourites. We aren't greater than every other nation, and i'm not going to let you drag me into an England vs. Germay flame war.

Thank you.

Edited by timmayy

I think with the penalty, it wasn't a bad penalty. With any penalty it's going to be hit or miss, and sadly Beckham thought he had it, but Barthez saved it. Shit happens.

The fact remains for me though that England, while not blindingly brilliant, should have one. France only managed to score from two dead ball situations (a good free kick and a silly penalty), but then, that's all France needs. I give full credit to France, but I still think it was damn shitty at how we lost it. Personally, putting Heskey on was stupid. We needed to keep attacking and to keep possession, and Heskey can't do either. Butt should have come on instead of Heskey. We might have had kept it together then. But then, it's pointless to ask all these "What If?"'s, because it's done with. As I said, let us concentrate on Switzerland and Croatia, and we can go from there.

You are a fucking idiot. I'll go through in order.

-The freekick was unstoppable. Fact.

-James is by far, not the best keeper in the world, he isn't even the best in England and no one claimed he was.

-Zidane is a worldclass player he had two opportunities and took them both.

-Rooney did well last night, and outshone every other player on the pitch, including Henry. And he seemed to dribble past quite a few players - see the penalty incident.

-No he isn't, I think it was a bad penalty. See also match against Turkey.

-No, again. It was just frustrating to be ahead for an hour and then lose because of two set pieces. Neither side deserved to win.

-Again, no one has said England will win, people just hope they will. It's called being a football fan - you want to see your country do well.

-Again, you are a fucking moron.

-Bleh, bleh, bleh, bleh. No one has said that you are making yourself look like a complete bell end. Trying to turn this into a social thing, bleh bleh bleh.

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the best this morning. :blink:

Ah, I forgot about the free kick :shifty:

Personally, it was a good free kick, but no free kick is unstoppable for me. James could have reacted that little bit quicker and at least went for it. But, it was a fast ball, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

Let's face it, it sucks, but there ya go. What did it was that we were SOOOOOOOO close, and then two straight goals fucked it up. No matter what country it is, any situation like that will kill you if you are a fan.

Guest BigDirty

Timmay not all things were directed at you.

But it's simply ridicolous to say that the freekick was unstopable. Good players see if the keeper speculates. A few years ago Effenberg made a very similiar freekick goal against Fiedler. In an interview he said 'The keeper seemed like a little speculator (is that the right word? ) so I just shot at him.'. That is a goalie fault. Sure it was more likely that Zidane would've shot at the other corner but he didn't and so the freekick was saveable and nobody can convince me of something different.

Ok, my previous post was obviously exaggerated but that is because most of you people are so stubborn (I think mainly because your England fans, so your're not neutral on this agenda). On a german messageboard in a thread covering France-England no one makes the points some of you made, they all say England played quite bad, James made a blatent mistake, ... . And than you come here and read:

'we outplayed them'

'freekick unstopable'

'it was a good penalty'

and so on.

Let's all be amigos again and agree that we disagree. :thumbs-up:

Today there should be two very open matches. Denmark is always good for a surprise and you never know how Bulgaria is going to play.

There is always going to be a lot of disagrements over football, but thats all it is Big Dirty. There is no need to bring in things like this:

Now moving on,

It's true that England fans are going to be very supportive of their country. Some people think I am on the crazy train by saying that Leicester City deserved to stay up but its all about personal views. I believe that England played well last night, we defended well until one mistake that shook us and cost us the match.

and the dogs in pain are biting whatever gets in sigt  :lol:

Ok, we'll see how you react to Holland's victory tomorrow night :D

Big Dirty, I agree with TAFKA, theres always going to be disagreements, so yeah like you said, lets agree to disagree :thumbs-up:

I accept your point, we in no way outplayed them, but I feel we did play well. It was a good penalty, but not a great one, and not one that was as good as it could have/should have been.

Guest BigDirty

Ok, we'll see how you react to Holland's victory tomorrow night  :D

After our 4-1 or 3-0 loss we'll say that we want that the other teams to feel safe playing against us and then we'll surprise them and beat them all. :shifty: Ok, maybe not. My hope is that we can achieve a draw against Holland, but my head says no way, we'll lose with at least 2 goals difference. As long as Makaay doesn't play we might have a chance because german defenders fear Makaay more than anyone else.

Edited by BigDirty

Guest Red Devil

Germany really should be Holland, the past few matches I've seen Holland play they've been utter crap other then the Scotland match but who can't outplay Scotland? :P Holland got outplayed by Ireland and didn't play like a team and I'll be quite surprised if they win.

Also on the free kick, it was unstoppable because where James was placed he was in the middle of the goal so he could dive both ways, instead of doing the usual curl into the top right hand corner Zidane fooled everyone and curled it into the other corner where James couldn't see the ball until it was too late. I think the wall could have done a lot better with one man onto the side where Zidane smacked it which should have covered the goal.

David James had no way of saving that from the position he was in. Also, I think England did play well, but a few people just made stupid errors (Gerrard, Heskey and Beckham). One chance is all France need to score. We gave them two late on and they took advantage, in my opinion they deserved to win. I just hope we can get the results against Croatia and Switzerland.

I prayed that let France win and all the while I was cursing Zidane as a backstage politician and what not when he scored the goals. He is OK though. Henry should have the No.10 shirt

Oh for fuck sake you are a dumb little shit. Zidane is okay? Zidane is the BEST player in the world for christ sake. It's fine that you say you don't like someone, but when someone is blatenly amazing and you call them OKAY, then your just being a stupid little fool.

Also for the record, the penalty was not shit, simple as. Bartez made a great save and thats what changed the whole match. Also who is this idiot in here saying Seaman was shit? For the love of God Seaman was amazing back in his good days. Oh yeah and the commentator is a total twat. Who said either team are getting to the final? Fucking dickhead.

I'm hyped up for the Italy game thats on in 30 minutes. We, well Italy should I say, will cruise through it IMO. I have a feeling Totti and Del are going to be on top form here.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

you´ed beg for our social securety system if you had the school qualety to know about it ;)

Italy just won the Under 21 Euro 2004

Edited by Michael Matzat

Guest Mr McFarlane

Didn't feel like editing my post but....Does anyone else think the Italian kits are butt ugly?

That gold lettering makes me sick =P

you´ed beg for our social securety system if you had the school qualety to know about it ;)

Italy just won the Under 21 Euro 2004

It wasn't actually TAFKA who said that, it was a quote from German BigDirty.

And you'd beg for our.................... YOU'D BEG DAMMIT!!!!!! :P