Euro 2004

pigeon

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same Igors Stepanovs who played for Arsenal? Funny, because I remember a gormless waste of space who couldn't pass a ball, yet alone back heel it.

Before the match that clip of Voller going mental talking about how the old German teams didn't play good football was classic.

Matzat or Big Dirty, is Voller a popular manager in Germany? Because it seems the nation has been highly critical of the national team.

He is incredibley Famous (he won World Cup and reached the Euro Final as Key Player, he coached the team into a World Cup Final wen everyone was lucky with making it throu the group stages), i like him a lot to, he played a long time for Bremen before joining Rom. (

If you want to have an exaple of how famous he is think about this, after another horrible qualifing ore frindship game (i forgot what it was) he started ranting down the anouncers and all the press for being this negative all the time, everyone suported him the next day, the newspapers even were slapping "all the press" (ignoring that they are part of it), TV stations were praising his courage and so one and no one in the media would even dare to mention the game qualety again. How manny coaches can do that without getting riped apard. He has total suport by everyone, even the non football fans like him becaus he´s a very sypatic "humanly" seming person that never got snopy ore so becaus of his suckses.

It´s Völler btw. öööööööööööö ;-P

another not given penatly, i am noticing a trent at this tournament...

Edited by Michael Matzat

Obvious penalty. Mike Riley has been a joke not only in the Premiership, but now in Europe. It would be amazing for Lativia if they roll Germany over in their first appearance in this tournament. Lativia are playing seriously well. Time for Ballack to do something methinks.

Germany really need to raise their game if they are going to qualify for the last 8. The way they've played today, beating the Czechs is unlikely. It's a shame really, I would have liked for them to play England again - I think Gerrard/Ballack would be a good contest.

*sigh* I am playing on the joke that Germany's team is full of old men. Oh yeah, are Sammer and Matteaus (sp?) still in the squad? 

Bobic, Hamman, Worns and Kahn are old. Ballack is youngish, Leihm is like 20, I can't even pronounce the really impressive guys name but he's young.

The point about this team is they aren't experienced, as they are so young - which is why they have been written off.

*sigh* I am playing on the joke that Germany's team is full of old men. Oh yeah, are Sammer and Matteaus (sp?) still in the squad? :D

Uhm, i don´t see were that team is old over all, Lahm even is only 20 and already has 8 National team games acording to the german anouncer. *scraches head*

The Math starts after the next game, could be another interesting last group gameday.

Guest BigDirty

:angry:

Before I start my rant the average age of our team is 27 so it's not that old.

Idiot players:

Wörns: Help me, help me I can't stop any striker on my own. Fucking BVB player, always makes mistakes.

Hamann: Isn't he a cornerstone for Liverpool? If so Liverpool belongs in the 3rd division and not Premier League. Doesn't Germany pay him enough to actually do something during games?

Friedrich: I'm good in reality, but when I play for Germany I try to cross the ball from the halfline which makes much sense because of our übertall strongheading strikers.

Frings: I signed my contract with Bayern now I don't have to play good anymore.

Schneider: I can only play good if the whole team plays great and I can score a penalty or a lucky one. No, I never made a successful cross either.

Bobic: Hey I don't score for Hertha, don't expect me to score against mighty Latvia. The only time you see him is when he complains to the ref or the teammates. Mr. Invisible.

Schweinsteiger: He's the Kobe Bryant of soccer with less skills. Hmm, my teammates are open but I rather try to dribble (which I'm not good at) and shoot the ball eventhough I have no shooting power at all. I slept with my cousin I'm a star!

Klose: I really don't want to play in attack, everybody is always so mean to me and criticizes me if I don't score. I hope I showed you with that header that I'm quite a good defender.

The only good german players today:

Kahn: Well, he didn't have much work today.

Ballack: Not super effective but there were always two guys guarding him when he came close to the goal.

Lahm: Brilliant today.

The ref sucked, normally english refs are quite good but this one....... . Latvia should have got at least one penalty and he whistled at every little contact in other situations.

Now we're pretty much out of the tourney. Had we won a draw against Rosicky & Co. would've been enough but now we have to win which won't be easy especially now that the Czech know they can defend all the time and still advance to the next round.