EWR 2011 Stats Update: November ***PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS***

Cena's I could understand dropping, but not Orton's. He has some of the best selling in WWE. Nobody sells an impact move like him. He makes Sweet Chin Musics, even Khali Brain Chops look devastating.

I agree with this a hundred percent. Even in the match with Del Rio at Vengeance, he no sold a lot of the abuse he took. He'll be nearly out cold and then out of the blue he jumps up and its like nothing happened, even the bodyparts the opponent has been working on the whole match is mysteriously restored to perfect health. I honnestly think he should be lowered to 70 max. He does ok with certain moves, but doesn't sell a match as a whole. He's never been very good at selling to be honnest.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

http://www.diva-dirt..._medium=twitter

WWE has signed a third female contestant from the revival of Tough Enough which aired on USA Network earlier this year.

Puerto Rican wrestler Ivelisse Velez has reported to developmental territory, FCW in Tampa. She made her debut at a live event last night.

Ivelisse joins Christina Crawford and Ariane Andrew, who are already under contract and have been training in FCW since the show's end.

Velez was eliminated from Tough Enough after not being able to continue following an in-ring injury.

Prior to Tough Enough, she competed as Juliet the Huntress in Puerto Rico before relocating to Chicago.

add Ivelisse Velez to WWE.

change Hunico's gimmick to Cult Leader. change his primary finisher name to Falling Star (top rope).

change Epico's and Primo's gimmicks to Lackey. up Epico's overness to 43, change his primary finisher name to Double Knee Facebreaker (impact).

I would put Epico's overness to 48, he got a jobber reaction last week because he wasn't known. Glad to see Ivelisse get a deal.

As for lowering Cena's selling, I say mid 70's like 75. I still think Orton does the same hulk-up of late and that's why I said to lower him to 83. He seems to not do it as bad as Cena does though.

Edit: Why is Jinder Mahal at 66 overness? The guy is rarely on tv now that Khali tunred on him (and is gone) but I don't remember him getting that good of a reaction while with Khali. I'd say 50 overness tops.

With that said, Raise the Usos overness to 64. They are currently at 56 ad FAR MORE OVER THAN Mahal.

Tyson Kid should have Canadian Maple Leaf as his primary finisher and the fisherman's neckbreaker as his secondary.

Raise RJ Brewer's overness to 53, the guy is over in Lucha Libre USA.

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Throwing my thoughts in on the ROH bit:

I mostly agree and say drop Agent Sly Stetson, Bobby Dempsey, Courtney Prezleigh, Jamilia Craft, Jessie Brook, Marker Dillinger, Ricky Reyes, and Rob Wolf, but keep Mike Sydal as he's worked dark matches at least semi recently.

Make Mr. Ernesto Osiris a manager of Prince Nana. That whole situation is insane. I'd even make Archibald Peck/RD Evans a manager for Nana too since he actually does wrestle, though hasn't in ROH to the best of my knowledge.

I'd also drop Shane Hagadorn since the rest of the Kings of Wrestling are gone unless I missed something with him. He was also a PWR student too in addition to being a manager.

Guest The Phenomenal Red

I would put Hunico, Epico and Primo as Angry Minorities to be honest. Nothing popped out as being a Cult Leader to me.

I don't thing the flying Senton Bomb was called the falling star. I would put that as a secondary finisher for now with Falling Star combo being his primary.

Can someone explain to me how John Cena routinely is involved in quality matches yet cannot seem to get any respect for his work? Cena vs. Punk at Money in the Bank was awesome, and as much as the IWC Fanboys would like to, you can't give ALL the credit to CM Punk.

• Like 2

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Can someone explain to me how John Cena routinely is involved in quality matches yet cannot seem to get any respect for his work? Cena vs. Punk at Money in the Bank was awesome, and as much as the IWC Fanboys would like to, you can't give ALL the credit to CM Punk.

Plain and simple, Cena needs a dance partner to pull him up to that kind of performance. Plus Cena for whatever reason did not hulk up in the match like he did against Miz and the Del Rio match.

Plain and simple, Cena needs a dance partner to pull him up to that kind of performance. Plus Cena for whatever reason did not hulk up in the match like he did against Miz and the Del Rio match.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself further.

• Like 1

Can someone explain to me how saying John Cena doesn't deserve an 87 for selling and should have around an 80 is seen as not giving him ANY respect for his work when there are a dozen other stats involved?

Please stop before you embarrass yourself further.

• Like 2

So what you're saying is, despite logic and reason, you're going to give every opponent the credit and not John Cena? So CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Carlito, The Big Show, Triple H, Randy Orton, even matches against Umaga (I could go on and on, but choose not to.) are the reasons John Cena has quality matches. John Cena does NOTHING to help them?

And in the cases of Orton, Umaga, Triple H, and Big Show, where Cena to my eyes (The same eyes that have watched every WWE PPV since 1988) has carried the match, that's just me being ignorant to professional wrestling?

His bad matches have nothing to do with the booking style that has worked for ages-that your top guy is booked as a hero, a family-friendly gimmick, and a small, incredibly marketable set of moves easily remembered by fans, right? (The same scheme used on Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and now John Cena... Which additionally is why Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart were both such poor draws as the top guy)

Man I hate ignorant wrestling fans....

• Like 1

So what you're saying is, despite logic and reason, you're going to give every opponent the credit and not John Cena? So CM Punk, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, Carlito, The Big Show, Triple H, Randy Orton, even matches against Umaga (I could go on and on, but choose not to.) are the reasons John Cena has quality matches. John Cena does NOTHING to help them?

And in the cases of Orton, Umaga, Triple H, and Big Show, where Cena to my eyes (The same eyes that have watched every WWE PPV since 1988) has carried the match, that's just me being ignorant to professional wrestling?

His bad matches have nothing to do with the booking style that has worked for ages-that your top guy is booked as a hero, a family-friendly gimmick, and a small, incredibly marketable set of moves easily remembered by fans, right? (The same scheme used on Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold, and now John Cena... Which additionally is why Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart were both such poor draws as the top guy)

I don't know if you're talking to me, but I never said any of that shit. Nice strawman.

I just don't think Cena's facial expressions, or some of his comebacks have really demonstrated the type of ability that an 87 in selling deserves. He already has an 83 right now. I don't really mind that much if it's left there, or down to 80, or whatever... But 87 puts him amongst the best in the world at selling - not overall, just selling - and I don't see it.

Hogan was never great at selling. He was still a phenomenal draw and humongous superstar (goes without saying). Cena still has solid brawling and great charisma, so yeah. It's not like saying he deserves 4-7 points less in selling is totally crippling this guy, or taking a shit on him. You're seriously overreacting, brah.

Don't take disagreements as a personal attack.

• Like 2

Guest The Phenomenal Red

Cena has had bad matches with people who have had good matches with others. I would NEVER rank a Orton-Cena match as good. IMO, Cena's selling is not good and ruins matches ie The Miz match from Over The Limit. Cena has carried several matches but there are others that weren't good. Think about the RVD-Cena match, BOTH men have had better but they did not work well together. Then you have Punk-Cena who has not had the best matches in the past, they had quite possibly the BEST MATCH OF THE YEAR at Money In The Bank.

As for Shawn sucking as champion, you are dead wrong. He was a good champion but just was a baby about some matches namely SummerSlam and one of the Davey Boy matches. That and WCW was stronger at the time I mean you had Eddie Guerrero, Rey Misterio Jr., Dean Malenko, ***** ******, Ric Flair, Sting, William Regal and others. Bret Hart was not a poor draw, he was a champion that was before his time. The problem was the fans were used to the Hogans, Warriors and to a lesser extent Savages who were physically imposing. Bret was a culture shock to those fans but worked in the role he had. IMO he was better choice than Tito Santana would have been.

To get back on topic (circa Luchablog):

Last night, Hector Garza wrestled on a CMLL show in Arena Aficion. It will be his last show with the company for the time being. Dr. Landru of the Gladiatores, Enrique Yniesta of Box Y Lucha and Tercera Caida are all reporting Garza has left CMLL effective immediately. Hector will rejoin the Perros del Mal faction he helped start, both in AAA and the Perros promotion itself. Perros del Mal tapes their TVC Deportes show Sunday, and AAA’s next taping is Monday. Either (or both) of those might be debut days in his new role.

Garza started his major league career in CMLL, but previously spent 1999 to 2004 as a part of AAA and grew as a personality here. Garza rejoined CMLL just as suddenly as he’s leaving, showing up a surprise wrestler in his 2004 return. Perro Jr. was an opponent in that match, but soon after turned rudo to start the Perros del Mal faction, still going to this day. Garza surprisingly didn’t join his friend in leaving CMLL to form the Perros promotion in 2008. It was said then that Perro and Garza were no longer the friends they had been. Perhaps that has changed again, though CMLL’s poor attendance (and resulting poor paydays) probably also have an effect.

Hector Garza is the current CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, having won the title three months ago from Ultimo Guerrero. Despite the title win and a related change to the tecnico side, Garza had no particular momentum or feuds. He was another man in the Anniversario cage match, seemingly just thrown in because he had no mask and was of high enough stature. Garza’s been a constant in the main events, often facing TRT, but with no real focus.

CMLL’s practice of having two dozen championships all valued at about the same level means losing their reigning heavyweight champion does not nearly hurt nearly as much as it would for any other major promotion. It is still vastly embarrassing and as strong a sign you can get about the internal troubles in the company.

Garza’s next scheduled CMLL match was to be Saturday in Oaxaca. Mascarita Dorada, also gone, is still listed on that card. Garza is also on Sunday’s Arena Mexico card; his replacement on the show will probably be CMLL’s first indication that Hector has left the company.

Champion vs champion is a natural storyline to tell, but AAA doesn’t seem greatly set up for it at the moment. Jeff Jarrett and Hector Garza appear to be part of the great La Sociedad alliance, unless Garza’s going to be working the Perros shows as opposition to the main group (which they actually could use.) Garza vs Dr. Wagner might be a better fit for Guerra de Titanes.

Remove Hector Garza from CMLL. Vacate the CMLL Heavyweight title. It looks like he is going to AAA to join Perros Del Mal (& La Sociedad) but that is not set yet.

Add a friendships between Hector Garza and Halloween, Perro Agauyo Jr., El Terrible & Texano Jr.

Perhaps make Garrett Bischoff a worker? No idea on stats.

Raise Sahori's stats to 31/56/61/35/61. The rest of her stats are fine.

Rename Muerte Roja to Muerte Roja II.

Add Discovery to the game:

Name: Discovery

Short Name: Discovery

Birth Month: Unknown

Weight: Lightweight

Nationality: Mexican

Wage: $20,000

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Contract Type: None

Touring With: None

Employer 1:

Employer: None

Card Position: Midcard

Disposition: Face

Manager: None

Gimmick: Luchadore

Stats:

Brawl: 32

Speed: 74

Technical: 43

Stiffness: 37

Selling: 65

Over: 38

Charisma: 65

Attitude: 80

Behavior: 80

High Spots: Ticked

Booker: Ticked

Trainer: Ticked

Alter Egos: Power Raider Azul

Add Lasser to the game:

Name: Lasser

Short Name: Lasser

Birth Month: July

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Contract Type:

Touring With:

Employer 1:

Employer:

Card Position:

Disposition:

Manager:

Gimmick:

Stats:

Brawl: 21

Speed: 72

Technical: 76

Stiffness: 35

Over: 35

Charisma: 48

Alter Egos: Jorge Vega Oriel, Skayde, Sagrado, Angel Azteca II, Power Raider Rojo II, Frisbee, Adventure, Super Elektra, Tywar, Gato Volador

Add Low Rider to the game:

Name: Low Rider

Short Name: Rider

Birth Month: September

Nationality: American (Born in Texas)

Wage: $8,000

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Employer 1:

Card Position: Lower Midcard

Disposition: Heel

Gimmick: Old School Heel

Stats:

Brawl: 45

Speed: 72

Technical: 34

Stiffness: 42

Selling: 68

Over: 23

Charisma: 55

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Alter Egos: Pedro Ortega, Black Master, Osito, Kid USA

Relationships:

Friendship: Colt Cabana

Loyalty: Crazy Boy, Hernadez, Taz El Feroz

Add Ludxor to the game:

Name: Ludxor

Short Name: Ludxor

Birth Month: May

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Employer 1:

Stats:

Brawl: 34

Speed: 76

Technical: 42

Stiffness: 31

Charisma: 48

Alter Egos: Boogeyman, Power Raider Negro

Add Mach 1 to the game:

Name: Mach 1

Short Name: Mach 1

Wage: $15,000

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Employer 1:

Card Position: Opener

Stats:

Brawl: 31

Speed: 74

Technical: 39

Stiffness: 30

Selling: 66

Over: 27

Charisma: 45

Alter Egos: Roberto Ramirez Garcia, Felinito, Coco Negro, Power Punch

Add Mike Segura to the game:

Name: Mike Segura

Short Name: Suicida

Birth Month: July

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Employer 1:

Card Position: Midcard

Gimmick: Show Stealer

Stats:

Brawl: 38

Speed: 79

Technical: 47

Stiffness: 35

Over: 30

Charisma: 45

Attitude: 75

Behavior: 75

Alter Egos: Miguel Angel Nava, Orito, Super Nova AAA, Oro Jr., Komachi II, El Suicida, Micke Segura, Aeroman

Add Muncea De Plata to the game:

Name: Muncea De Plata

Short Name: Muncea

Birth Month: October

Wage: $7,000

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Contract Type:

Employer 1:

Card Position: Opener

Gimmick: Family Guy

Stats:

Brawl: 34

Speed: 58

Technical: 41

Stiffness: 34

Selling: 53

Over: 18

Charisma: 50

Attitude: 85

Behavior: 85

Alter Egos: Nicole Alvarado Nava, Danah

Relationships:

Blood Relationship: Brazo de Plata (father), Brazo de Platino & El Brazo (uncles), Andros de Plata, Maximo, Psycho Clown & Robin (brothers), Goya Kong (Sister) & La Mascara (Cousin)

Loyalty: Ultimo Guerrero (trainer)

Add Venum Black to the game:

Name: Venum Black

Short Name: V. Black

Primary Finisher:

Secondary Finisher:

Employer 1:

Stats:

Brawl: 28

Speed: 78

Technical: 40

Stiffness: 32

Charisma: 55

Alter Egos: Jullian Carrillo, El Vagabundo, Power Raider Rojo, Power Raider Verde, Venum, Muerte Roja

Relationships:

Loyalty: Rey Misterio

Raise Gringos VIP experience to 28.

Deactivate Gringos VIP II.

Deactivate Gringos VIP III.

Add an inactive tag team for Avisman and Destroyer called Gringos VIP IV at 5 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Destroyer and El Hijo Del Diablo called Gringos VIP V at 5 exp.

Add an active tag team for Avisman and Low Rider called Gringos VIP VI at 3 exp.

Add an active tag team for El Hijo Del Diablo and Low Rider called Gringos VIP VII at 3 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Jorge Rivera and Lasser called Cadetes Del Espacio at 20 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Discovery and Ludxor called Cadetes Del Espacio II at 60 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Discovery and Venum Black called Cadetes Del Espacio III at 40 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Discovery and Jorge Rivera called Cadetes Del Espacio IV at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Discovery and Lasser called Cadetes Del Espacio V at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Ludxor and Venum Black called Cadetes Del Espacio VI at 40 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Ludxor and Jorge Rivera called Cadetes Del Espacio VII at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Ludxor and Lasser called Cadetes Del Espacio VIII at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Venum Black and Jorge Rivera called Cadetes Del Espacio IX at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Venum Black and Lasser called Cadetes Del Espacio X at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Discovery and Mike Segura called Cadetes Del Espacio XI at 25 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Ludxor and Mike Segura called Cadetes Del Espacio XII at 25 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Venum Black and Mike Segura called Cadetes Del Espacio XI at 25 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Mr. Aguila and Venum Black called Insane Flyers at 15 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Freelance and Mike Sugra at 10 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Mach 1 and Maniaco called Rudos De La Galaxia at 10 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Mach 1 and Super Crazy called Rudos De La Galaxia II at 10 exp.

Add an inactive tag team for Mach 1 and X-Fly called Rudos De La Galaxia III at 10 exp.

Edit: CHIKARA Cibernetico: The Animated Series Spoilers

Gran Akuma returned to save Steve Wiener (filling in for Gregory Iron) from a post-match attack by Icarus who mascaraded as Darkness Crabtree.

Add Akuma to CHIKARA as a midcard face.

Add Darkness Crabtree II as an alter ego for Icarus.

Also is Mike Quackenbush really the guy who used the Darkness/Lester Crabtree gimmick in the past or is it just a guess similar to Lance Steel "bein Niles Young" which was unfounded?

Edited by The Phenomenal Red

Dear, The Phenomenal Red

Stop talking bullshit

Yours Sincerley

Everybody.

Let it be noted that I did not sign that.

I also know how to spell sincerely.

Sucks about Hector Garza too, since I watch CMLL now, I think that their cards aren't put together as well as AAA, but I think their match quality is much better. It seems though as soon as Galavision switched from AAA to CMLL, that AAA got a lot better.

Thanks for keeping all the updates on the Mexican wrestling scene.

On topic again, if it hasn't already been said, if Kamala is in the game (I never have used him in the current stats so I don't know), I would make him a non-worker. Various reports, including pwinsider and Jim Ross, have announced he had his foot amputated due to diabetes.

• Like 1

I say this as a guy who's generally a John Cena fan - the guy isn't a good seller. He no-sold 10 minutes worth of leg work in his Mania match with HBK. He no-sold a DDT onto concrete during the Summerslam match against Nexus last year. He's no-sold 20 minute beatdowns with weapons from Miz and Randy Orton. Part of this is the booking, but a lot of it comes from Cena himself. How often has he sold a submission move beyond "make a silly, constipated grimace"? Hell, how often has he even grabbed a body part that had been worked on all match?

Cena's a good worker, underrated by a lot of the IWC, but he's not a good seller.

Edited by FckFace666
  • Like 2

I say this as a guy who's generally a John Cena fan - the guy isn't a good seller. He no-sold 10 minutes worth of leg work in his Mania match with HBK. He no-sold a DDT onto concrete during the Summerslam match against Nexus last year. He's no-sold 20 minute beatdowns with weapons from Miz and Randy Orton. Part of this is the booking, but a lot of it comes from Cena himself. How often has he sold a submission move beyond "make a silly, constipated grimace"? Hell, how often has he even grabbed a body part that had been worked on all match?

Cena's a good worker, underrated by a lot of the IWC, but he's not a good seller.

This is pretty much what I wanted to say, except I'm not a huge fan of Cena anymore (and didn't want to pretend I was) so I'm glad someone who IS was able to explain it more articulately.

Change Nick Berk's primary finisher from Berkacet to Berkocet. I know it's minor, but it's a pun on Percocet.

Exactly... which is why as far as I'm concerned, his selling should be LOWERED to a maximum of 75 (I'd go closer to 70 tbh). It's not like 70 is terrible selling, it just means its average at best. Not among the top tier (80+), which he isn't when it comes to selling moves.

Guest Yello Mit

Orton doesn't necessarily no sell things. The RKO just pops out of no where. I remember Cena selling a shot from a bottle of water like he got hit by a chair!

Have you ever taken a water bottle to the head? Those things fucking hurt man!

I am trying to create a Split scenario based on this update.

Origionally I wasn't going to do it because of the whole RAW superstars on SD! and SD! superstars on RAW.

However I have decided I am going to run with creating a split scenario for myself so that I can play this update.

An what I am going to do is basically have all the RAW superstars have an open contract with SD! and visa versa.

Then when I start playing as either RAW or SD! I can hopefully sign who i want to whichever promotion I am playing as and hopefully I can release superstars I don't want or they will sign with the other promotion.

Of course if this doesn't work my alternative idea in order for me to play this update with RAW and SD as sperate promotions is to alter reality and have Johnny Ace (sorry I meant John Laurinaitis) end the supershows as of September 1st and have RAW suyperstars stay on RAW and SD! superstars stay on SD!

Anyway.

At the moment I am in the proccess of turning FCW from RAW and SD's development territories into an actual single promotion with a few workers on open contracts with RAW and SD! but only people who where working for either RAW or SD and FCW up until November 1st.

However I am not 100% sure how big of a promotion FCW should be.

So I was wondering if somebody could tell me what size I should have FCW be out of the following sizes

Cult?

OR

Regional?

OR

Small?

Thank you in advance

Edited by BMH