TEW05 Classics: 1997 to 1998 (WIP)

The 1997 database was the first in a series of databases for TEW05 similar to those for EWR which are basically yearly updates starting in January.

Now the point of this topic is for all the suggestions on converting the 1997 database to 1998. I will be posting up previews every now and again as this progresses, first main preview will be when when big three get organised.

For those wanting the 1997 its here under TEW05 Classics.

I've only just started the conversion and here are some of the changes done so far.

- United States Wrestling Association removed.

- Brian Pillman removed.

- WWF European title added.

- WWF Light Heavyweight title added.

- Adam Windsor added to workers.

- Buck Quartermain added to workers.

- Chris Hero added to workers.

- Dale Torborg added to workers.

- Johnny Moss added to workers.

- Jon Ryan added to workers.

- Justin LaRouche added to workers.

- Matt Stryker added to workers.

- Teddy Hart added to workers.

Well, the Montreal Screwjob pops up in my head, so add Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, and Jim Neidhart to WCW. Also, add in Curt Hennig, as he joined in mid-'97. I'll try to be thinking of other people who joined other companies in that year.

Edit #1: Lower Shawn Michaels' leg health by 10-15% due to the surgery he had in '97.

Edited by xXEdgeXx

Well, the Montreal Screwjob pops up in my head, so add Bret Hart, Davey Boy Smith, and Jim Neidhart to WCW. Also, add in Curt Hennig, as he joined in mid-'97. I'll try to be thinking of other people who joined other companies in that year.

Edit #1: Lower Shawn Michaels' leg health by 10-15% due to the surgery he had in '97.

Michael's back should be lowered drastically as well. Can't remember and too lazy to check, but make sure he has drug problems ticked, and he should be a selfish, egomaniac.

I'll look over the 97 DB and get back to you.

Michael's back should be lowered drastically as well. Can't remember and too lazy to check, but make sure he has drug problems ticked, and he should be a selfish, egomaniac.

I'll look over the 97 DB and get back to you.

In regards to Shawn Michaels back injury, he didnt get injured till January 18th at the Rumble. Also he cant be a selfish and egomaniac since their under the same setting, he is still a jackass and politician though.

With Bret Hart i've moved him over to WCW (Canadian Hero, A, A), he also had his relationship with Bret increased to hatred, added a hatred to Vince McMahon and a strong dislike of Earl Hebner.

I've also done the other big injury of 97 which was Austin's neck, he's now Head 40%, Body 70%, Arms 95%, Legs 95%.

Was Raymond Rougeau still doing commentary for the WWF in 98?

EDIT:

Couple of other things

- What PPV provider was ECW on

- What gimmick would suit the NOD for the start of January 98 cause if im right during 97 they turned into a black supremacy type of group so would Black Nationilist suit the members better

- Can anyone give me a good idea who was in the nWo at this time

Edited by TheWho87

- What gimmick would suit the NOD for the start of January 98 cause if im right during 97 they turned into a black supremacy type of group so would Black Nationilist suit the members better

ECW was with Viewer's Choice (now InDemand).

Edited by tolsvar

Was Raymond Rougeau still doing commentary for the WWF in 98?

EDIT:

Couple of other things

Hollywood Hogan

Kevin Nash

Scott Hall

Randy Savage

Curt Henning

Konnan

Syxx

Scott Norton

Eric Bischoff

Buff Bagwell

Masahiro Chono

Great Muta

Hiroyoshi Tenzan

Hiro Saito

Elizabeth

Vincent

Rick Rude

Dennis Rodman (honorary member)

Those are all the people I can remember. I don't remember if Brian Adams was a member at the start of 1998.

Rougeau was still doing commentary, he was with the WWF until 02.

NOD could have that gimmick or simply arrogant/cocky.

Brian Adams should start as unemployed. He left the WWF after Survivor Series, and didn't join WCW until at least February.

John Nord should be on the WCW Roster.

Ultimo Dragon should start as Cruiserweight Champ.

Edited by tougie

Can someone provide the members of Raven's Flock for the start of 98, so far I have Raven, Riggs and Kidman, also what would be a good gimmick for the group, their currently set to Cult Leader (Raven) and Cult Followers (Riggs & Kidman).

Getting this info from Wikipedia & Online World of Wrestling -

Van Hammer joined in November 1997 and was kicked-out in May 1998

Lodi

Sick Boy aka Scott Vick

Reese aka Ron Reis - not clear exactly when he joined.

Perry Saturn

• 1 month later...

As promised new year and an update on the database.

I haven't done a lot of work so far on it so far however most of the stuff I have done was with WCW and WWF.

Its not a playable database as yet and a lot of workers are tagged with "=" which means they haven't been changed from the 1997 data, anyone with a "#" means they have been added to the database and not been adjusted to the era, same goes with promotions, any titles with "=" don't have the current champion set for the era either. Any worker/promotion/title without those tags has been updated for 1998.

DATA: TEW05 Classics 1998 WIP.zip

Edited by TheWho87

Though it's unfinished, it's awesome to still see updates being done for this! As for...

Taka should be the Light Heavyweight champion as well if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Taka was the Light Heavyweight champion at the time. In case you don't have champions done yet for the WWF, Shawn Michaels was World champion, The Rock was Intercontinental champion, Triple H/Hunter Hearst Helmsley was European champion, and The New Age Outlaws were the Tag Team champions.

Edited by xXEdgeXx

Though it's unfinished, it's awesome to still see updates being done for this! As for...

Taka should be the Light Heavyweight champion as well if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, Taka was the Light Heavyweight champion at the time. In case you don't have champions done yet for the WWF, Shawn Michaels was World champion, The Rock was Intercontinental champion, Triple H/Hunter Hearst Helmsley was European champion, and The New Age Outlaws were the Tag Team champions.

If you looked at the data you would see all the WWF titles have already been updated.