TEW05 Classics: 1997 to 1998 (WIP)

• 8 months later...

Just to note, I'm starting this back up again, and am aiming to have it be released hopefully before the end of the month. If someone really wants Mexican and Japanese promotions to be detailed I'm going to need some help with that.

Edited by tougie

Just to note, I'm starting this back up again, and am aiming to have it be released hopefully before the end of the month. If someone really wants Mexican and Japanese promotions to be detailed I'm going to need some help with that.

The best way i do Japanese and Mexican rosters for historical mods is to add everyone who works for them in the 2 months either side so for a January start that would be to get everyone on their December, January and the first few February shows and remove any logical ones or ones known not to debut at that poitn and work off of that.

This is a good site for that since you can go to a promotions then their roster and can set to see who wrestled there on/between selected months.

http://www.wrestlingdata.com

This is a good site for that since you can go to a promotions then their roster and can set to see who wrestled there on/between selected months.

http://www.wrestlingdata.com

Yeah I've been using that site for over a year now with my own personal data and just for the fun of it.

Also, any know what promotion Terry Taylor was working for at the start of 1998?

Edited by tougie

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update.

Odds are this won't be released at the end of the month. I'd doing my best to make this DB as close to perfect as possible before release. There might also be two versions of the data. One with more promotions than the other. For example, the more detailed version will probably feature smaller promotions like the Can-Am Wrestling Federation, even if a full roster can't be provided. This allows for a better chance of weaker talent being signed, based on my experiences with an up to date DB.

Anyway, the rosters right now are looking pretty good. When it comes to those who have debuted within the year (I'll add anyone who debuted within the first few months of 1998 and start them "on hiatus" (Example: Justin Gabriel, debuted in Feb 1998. He'll be 17 and a pretty good prospect).

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've completed one of the two most difficult parts and that's simply having an accurate roster. Next comes promotion completion and stat edits. So as I stated previously, there is no shot of this being released in the next few days, but I'm aiming to have it released before TEW 2013 to capitalize on user's depression of not being able to afford the newest game.