TEW05 Classics: 2003 (WIP)

After a while of promotion searching I've come up with a starting list of promotions that could be included in the database. Please note that I'm saying all of these COULD be included. I started by searching which promotions were open during the time period, I still have to see if the rosters will be large enough along with some other factors. If I am missing a promotion you would like to see included please let me know. And I will be needed help with foreign promotions (Non-North America) mainly with Japan, Europe and the UK. And with that, here is the list of 63 at the moment.

US (33 Promotions)

All Pro Wrestling (APW)

Asylum Championship Wrestling (ACW)

Big Time Wrestling (BTW)

Chaotic Wrestling (CW)

Chikara

Combat Zone Wrestling (CZW)

East Coast Wrestling Association (ECWA)

Empire Wrestling Federation (EMF)

Heartland Wrestling Association (HWA)

International Wrestling Cartel (IWC)

International Wrestling Federation (IWF)

Independent Wrestling Revolution (IWR)

IWA Mid-South (IWA-MS)

Jersey All Pro Wrestling (JAPW)

Juggalo Championshit Wrestling (JCW)

Major League Wrestling (MLW)

Maryland Championship Wrestling (MCW)

New Era Pro Wrestling (NEPW)

NWA TNA (NWA-TNA)

NWA Wildside (NWA-W)

Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW)

Premier Wrestling Federation (PWF)

Pro-Pain Pro Wrestling (3PW)

Rev Pro Wrestling (RPW)

Ring of Honor (ROH)

Steel Domain Wrestling (SDW)

Ultimate Pro Wrestling (UPW)

USA Xtreme Wrestling (USA-XW)

Women Superstars Uncensored (WSU)

World Wrestling Council (WWC)

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)

Women of Wrestling (WOW)

Xtreme Pro Wrestling (XPW)

Canada (4 Promotions)

Border City Wrestling (BCW)

Extreme Canadian Championship Wrestling (ECCW)

Northern Championship Wrestling (NCW)

Stampede

Mexico (3 Promotions)

AAA

CMLL

IWRG

Japan (15 Promotions)

All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW)

BattleARTS

Big Japan Pro Wrestling (BJPW)

Dramatic Dream Team (DDT)

GAEA

JWP Project

Kaientai Dojo

Wrestling Marvelous Future (WMF)

Michinoku Pro (M-Pro)

New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW)

NOAH

Osaka Pro

OZ Academy

Toryumon Japan

ZERO1

UK (4 Promotions)

All Star Wrestling (ASW)

Frontier Wrestling Alliance (FWA)

NWA UK Hammerlock (NWA-UK)

World Association of Wrestling (WAW)

Europe (4 Promotions)

European Wrestling Association (EWA)

German Stampede Wrestling (GSW)

Professional Wrestling Alliance (PWA)

Westside Xtreme Wrestling (WXW)

Edited by tougie

I think you could add NWA UK Hammerlock and World Association of Wrestling for the UK as well as Wrestling Marvelous Future and OZ Academy for Japan.

Quick note for the UK,I'd make sure that the FWA is the biggest even though at the point they should be level size wise with ASW, they were bringing in a load of US guys and effectivly every big show from 02-05 had at least one forign star even though it was mainly guys from ROH.

I think you could add NWA UK Hammerlock and World Association of Wrestling for the UK as well as Wrestling Marvelous Future and OZ Academy for Japan.

Quick note for the UK,I'd make sure that the FWA is the biggest even though at the point they should be level size wise with ASW, they were bringing in a load of US guys and effectivly every big show from 02-05 had at least one forign star even though it was mainly guys from ROH.

Yeah I noticed AJ Styles was on quite a few of their cards while I was looking up promotions. If you, or anybody else really, has suggestions on which foreign promotions should be the largest feel free to post.

Also, if 60+ promotions seems like alot to some people, I'll probably release a light version of the DB with less promotions.

Edited by tougie

I’ll be able to help out with the UK since 2002/2003 was when I started going to UK shows and I know enough to blag away the top feds, as with the FWA they were working with XPW (and was the home of the XPW Euro title) and in late 2003 did a joint show with ROH. Also nearly forgot add the FWA Academy to the UK list.

If at all possible could we get toryumon Mexico as another promotion, would be great to work as them with a working agreement with toryumon Japan or whatever relationship. If information is tight then don't worry. just a suggestion :)

If at all possible could we get toryumon Mexico as another promotion, would be great to work as them with a working agreement with toryumon Japan or whatever relationship. If information is tight then don't worry. just a suggestion :)

I forgot to put that as a side note, I wanted to add them but I couldn't find much info.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I decided to put 03 on the back burner and just continue the yearly trend that TheWho87 had started with 1997. I'm currently working on 98 and it should be released early next month. 99 sometime in January and so on. Things can change obviously, and doing these projects solo can be difficult.