The Disgaea Series

ZJ Penn

Recently Ive had a couple of hours a day at home with nothing to do, so Ive started a game on Disgaea 3. I cant get enough of games where things get levels up and I often enjoy grinding as much as a games plot. So this is great for me. I was just wondering if anyone else on here plays this? Also, Im thinking of picking up No. 4 for the ps3 as the sprites on 3 look oooooold. Is it worth £20 or so gameplay wise?

With regards to 3, I got it after buying the original which I struggled to get into, possibly because I was late to it. Then a friend told me about his 350+ hour save file on 3 so I picked it up. Aside from the grind I love games that keep on giving. Im at LV60 and still finding new things to do and get every time I play.

So yeah, anyone else fond of Disgaea? What sort of classes do you use? Has anyone reached an insane level? Is it actually worth using monsters?

Edited by ZJ Penn

I haven't played in ages, but for a solid few months 3 was all I played. I had Almaz up to level 600 and Mao to 400+, they were absolutely beasty.

Played 1 and 2 tonnes. Got 3 and...have tried on two separate occasions to get into it, but nothing doing. :/

And of course since I can no longer bring myself to dust off the ol' PS2, now 1 and 2 don't get played either. :shifty:

I haven't played in ages, but for a solid few months 3 was all I played. I had Almaz up to level 600 and Mao to 400+, they were absolutely beasty.

Yeah Im looking forwars to breaking the traditional 99 cap seeing the damage you can do. Did you keep Almaz with a sword? I straight away gave him a gun and am starting to think it was a mistake.

Ive barely touched the plot too. I think I just finished chapter 3 and am LV60. Today I sat and just raided the item world for hours. Im staying away from guides and stuff too. Im not bothered about ideal playthroughs or anything, having way too much fun discovering stuff for myself.

Also, does anyone know how the 'make stronger enemies' topic works? Like, does it affect the storyline, the item world or everything?

I think it makes all enemies stronger.

And yeah, I had Almaz use swords - or in some cases, axes. Same deal with Mao. The only people I have using guns are my Gunslingers and Princess Sapphire.

I dont even know who she is, Im that far behind. I presume story characters are more powerful than generic ones?

That said, Disgaea 4 came this morning so I might end up starting again on there. Had a quick blast this morning, its definitely a bit tougher than 3. The graphics are superb in comparison, very bright and slick.

I've been meaning to get 4, probably will for or after Christmas sometime. And yeah, I think that main story characters have the potential to be more powerful than normal characters - if you build them right. Despite having a level in the 400s, my Mao does piss for damage compared to Almaz, but I also built my Mao as primarily more of a melee fighter when he's much more adept with magic and stuff like that, it seems.