Alan Myers passes away

VerbalPuke

Myers was Devo's third drummer, joining in 1976 before the band released its Brian Eno-produced debut, “Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!” and remained in the band until the mid-'80s. He played on all the Akron, Ohio-born, Los Angeles-based Devo's most mind-bending material, including the deconstructed version of “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction” that first propelled them onto the national stage, “Whip It” and “Girl U Want.”

Too bad, probably wont hear much about it, but thought it was worth mentioning. Devo did some great stuff during his time with the group.

Caught the story on Alternative Press. He's the only drummer I remembered being in the band during its initial heyday. Drummers such as Myers or Kliph Scurlock (drummer for The Flaming Lips) have always intrigued me the most due to their ability to switch from simply going with how the song ebbs and flows to being the most mathematical nerds you could hope to find.