Most lethal QB/WR tandem in the NFL this season?

Enter Blue Guy

Guest Future Shock

Culpepper and Moss, because Moss is pretty much the best reciever in the NFL and Culpepper's pretty good. McNabb is good, pretty much even/better than Culpepper, but TO doesn't catch Moss, really. TO got held pretty decently by the damn Vikings defense :-p

Edited by Future Shock

TO is a better reciever than Moss, period. Why you may ask, but I am not blinded by the fact that the only things Moss can do are run fast and jump high. Sure he can catch, but catching doesn't take an enourmous amount of physical skill. To does things Moss doesn't like actually block instead of just touching the guy or running at him and just trying to knock him down, he actually blocks. Don't get me wrong, TO's by far not the best blocking WR, but he's one of the better ones, TO helps the team more. TO may drop more balls, but that's because he's never really had an accurate QB either. A lot of the balls Owens drops are a little behind him. Owens has the ability to change the game in an instant against the worst and best defenses.

TO has a lot more physical ability than Moss because the only things Moss really do are jump high and run fast and any basketball player can do that.

Best QB/WR tandem in the league though? That would have to go to Manning/Harrison, because Manning's the best pure QB in the league and he has a great tool in Harrison. Not only that, but Edg is back in previous form and Wayne's starting to come along pretty well. The Colts have great threats on offense with Harrison and Manning in the middle of it all.

Yeah too bad you don't understand how TO can dominate the game more than Moss. Moss may be able to get the D's attention, but Moss isn't shit on the run game. You have to have a running game to balance your passing attack and unless you do not have WR's willing to go over the fuckin' middle, you can't get a guy that will act as a 6th lineman.

Owens drops balls, yes, but he goes over the middle and Moss just runs the sidelines and jumps in the air. OMG Moss is so good, he can make an uncontested catch! Seriously, that's the only thing Moss does. Plus, TO gives it his all every play, something even Moss has admitted he doesn't. There's no room for anybody to take a play off.

Moss is in the same boat as Kurt Warner, vastly overrated. Moss doesn't do anything but jump high and run fast, and he's tall. OMG, that so makes him the world's best WR. Give it up, Moss isn't even in the top 3 anymore, neither is Owens. The top 3 are Harrison, Holt, and Santana Moss. And before you ask how Santana is in there, just think about it. The guy risks his body returning punts and still has the ability to burn the DB's with speed and his catching ability even though he just risked his body for his team. He's a team player, something Randy isn't, and even Owens isn't as much of a team player as he could be.

So before you start to try to prove what I say wrong, I suggest that you get out of the box that is designated for people who think Randy Moss is god and you look at him truly. Football's not about stats, it's about the team. And last time I checked, they give the Super Bowl trophy to a team, not an individual. But until Randy can prove that he has the balls to go over the middle, he's not a complete WR, Owens is more of one than Moss.

Guest Bluesman

So before you start to try to prove what I say wrong, I suggest that you get out of the box that is designated for people who think Randy Moss is god and you look at him truly.
Edited by Bluesman

You failed to realize my argument on how Owens is a better WR than Moss. Moss does great at what he does (or lack there of), but he doesn't go over the middle like the people that do go over the middle time and time again. He does this pussy-foot shit that gets them what, 5 yards? TO goes down the middle, he turns a 5 yard pass into a touchdown. You obviously can't understand the fact that Owens is a lot stronger and has a lot more balls than Moss to REALLY go over the middle.

I wasn't saying Owens was a better WR just because of his blocking skills, I was saying that then he's willing to do more for the team in doing so. Moss takes plays off, doesn't block worth shit, and talks way too much shit. Owens talks yes, but he does shit nobody else does like go over the middle.

Trust me, I've seen both many times as I am a 49er fan and I live in Wisconsin where we get a lot of Vikings games. You may live in Minnesota, but is that really a fair opinion on the guy? And if you find Moss to be a piece of shit then why are you defending him?

You can say I make shit up all you want, but I don't. It's quite obvious that we won't agree and now this is starting to get off-topic. You say what you will about Owens, but he does more for a team than Moss does.

Guest Bluesman

You failed to realize my argument on how Owens is a better WR than Moss. Moss does great at what he does (or lack there of), but he doesn't go over the middle like the people that do go over the middle time and time again. He does this pussy-foot shit that gets them what, 5 yards? TO goes down the middle, he turns a 5 yard pass into a touchdown. You obviously can't understand the fact that Owens is a lot stronger and has a lot more balls than Moss to REALLY go over the middle.