New Mod, Choose the Start Date

Gabriel

When Should the Mod Start?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which Would You Prefer?

• April 1996 (IWA Mid South)
    • July 1999 (Xtreme Pro Wrestling)
    • October 2001 (World Wrestling All-Stars)
    • February 2002 (Ring of Honor)
    • June 2002 (NWA: Total Nonstop Action / Major League Wrestling)
    • July 2003 (Pro Wrestling Guerrilla)
    • Other (Please State in Reply)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/12/18 at 02:02

Basically, I'm putting aside the mod that I've been working on strictly for me, to make something for everyone.

I am a huge fan of being able to start with a new company, so I've chosen six potential options that all feature promotions I followed religiously at one point or another. I added an Other option, but the caveat is that you have to reply with a suggestion that matches this. So, if you'd rather something else, reply and mention what company it is and when they launched.

I will be leaving this up until something seems to be a clear winner, or until Thursday when I start work on the project. Every Wednesday, I will give you all an update on the progress, and will always be taking suggestions. I will release new beta versions every time I have a company completely added and ready to go, so you'll be able to follow along that way as well, and help suggest other companies to be added in.

So, let your voice be heard. Like I said, the poll is up until something seems to run away with the votes, or until Thursday. If the poll stops before Thursday, I will begin work before Thursday.

On a separate note, would everyone want real locations, or should I leave that alone because they're cosmetic anyways?

Edited by Gabriel
  • Like 1

I voted for Feb. 2002, because I would love to start ROH from the beginning.  Plus, anyone can take that mod, and make it a watcher game until June then take over TNA.  

I would like real locations, helps in my immersion, but if you don't do it, I'll just import my go to location file into the mod.  Don't worry though, I'll be sure to give you credit every time I play it.

Edited by kdcastles
  • Like 1

I went with June 2002 simply because to me its such an interesting time in Wrestling I didn't experience, of course you have the golden ages (Hulkamania, Attitude era), but it almost seems like some sort of interwar period, WCW is dead, ROH and others were nowhere near where they are today, and I even have a old PWI magazines that both highlights TNA's chances as the second coming essentially, and has predictions of the new faces of WWE, such as Cena, Orton, and Christopher Nowinski (I believe these are from two different magazines) it really looked like the wild west.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KJE said:

I really dislike when mods don't have employment histories done, so I'm offering to do that for you if you are interested. I can help out in other areas if you need as well.

That would be brilliant, bro. As soon as I've settled on the actual time period, which it's looking like I might just call it soon anyways as June 2002 seems to be running away with it, I will contact anyone who's offered to help out and set up what I need done if you're okay with doing it. Employment histories would be great to have, so I will send you the list of wrestlers that I'm adding in first, and you can start the research. Obviously, I won't have the guys in the game right away, but you can keep a Word file or something of what you collect until I can send you the database with the workers intact.

• Like 2

Two days in a row I've woken up to June 2002 being in the lead with second place at half or less votes, so I'm closing the poll and we're going to start out with a June 2002 mod.

I will be making a new topic for this later today and contacting anyone who has offered to help. Thanks to everyone for their input. When the new topic goes up, don't feel hesitant to offer up suggestions for the mod, or to offer to help out. I will be keeping a list of everything that needs to be done in the thread, with everyone's name beside the task that they have chosen. So if there's something I've listed that you feel you can help out with, please reply in that thread and mention that you'd like to contribute, or shoot me a DM.

The first company being added will be Total Nonstop Action, and we will work from there. Once the essential items in the database and the TNA opening month roster is all set and ready to go, the first beta version will be released for play testing. Then I will move on to the next company that's being added, release a new beta when they are in, and so forth. Companies won't necessarily be added in the order of size, so don't worry if there is no WWE for the first few beta versions. None of the major companies will be left out, but I have an OCD thing that I do when adding new workers and companies into games, so you'll have to bare with me there.

Again, thank you to everyone for the input and the offers of help. It is much appreciated, and hopefully we can take this and make EWB a force again within the TEW Modding community.

On 23/12/2018 at 12:26, Go Tell It on the Michaels said:

I would have gone for January 2004, as it is an area barely covered in this iteration of the game. 2002 isn't bad either. Good luck.

If you go into the all elite mods thread, I posted the beta for my January 2004 mod

• Like 1