Recommend me Stoner/Sludge/Doom type stuff

VerbalPuke

I think the shift toward Doom was a turn off for me. I really want to love doom/stoner/sludge etc..some of it I do (anything in the vein of Black Sabbath obviously). Problem is, I don't like that heavy, slow, plodding style of music. I like slowed down music, but when I hear a good stoner rock riff I can't help but think "This riff would kick so much ass if they'd just fucking speed it up".

Probably why I gravitated toward punk in the first place.

Edit - Maybe somebody can help me out with the Stoner Rock thing. Off I go....

So yeah, but I realized I really do like some of the fast paced stuff. Orange Goblin for instance, they have the sound I dig from this genre, bands similar to them is what I am looking for. I've heard the Melvins plenty and they're very hit and miss for me, some is excellent and some boring. Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats I like, very cool.

Help me out dudes.

Spiritual Beggars. They're the side project of Arch Enemy's Michael Amott and they have 8 albums under their belt. They play a mix of Stonter Rock/Metal with hard rock and doom elements. I'd recomend you check out their albums "Ad Astra" and "On Fire"

Angel Of Betrayal videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf9UVqaBQI8

Grand Magus
Doom Metal with Heavy Metal and Hard Rock influences (especially on their later material). Their leadsinger and guitarist also was a member of Spiritual Beggars for a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGBpOZpmq1U

Give Kyuss a whirl if you haven't already. Blues For The Red Sun is a stellar album.

Early stuff by Earth might pique your interest, I dunno. It may be a bit too drone-y for your taste, but I'd recommend Earth 2 and Phase 3.

Electric Wizard is fucking dope. Especially the album Dopethrone.

Don't think I can go without recommending Eyehategod or Crowbar if you're looking for sludge as well. Eyehategod's Dopesick and Take as Needed For Pain are both good albums. Crowbar's self-titled album has a killer cover of Zeppelin's "No Quarter". I really dig Weedeater's ... And Justice For Y'all album, and they have a pretty sick cover of "Gimme Back My Bullets".

I also can't in good conscious recommend sludge without recommending Rwake and Deadbird, two bands from my home state. Rwake tours all over the south and before the local (I say local, it's an hour or so south of me) metal venue shut down, they were there every other weekend it seems like. And yet I still never got the chance to see them live.