Nightclub posters

Right, I'm working on some mock-ups of posters to promote a club night that I'll be pretty heavily involved with, and I just need some feedback on the mock-ups I've got so far.

They're incomplete, all the text other than the name (VICE) is essentially acting as a placeholder, especially the tagline (if any of you can come up with a better tagline, along similar lines, that would also help >_>)

Basically I'll be sticking the posters in here, and I'd like you talented graphics people to let me know what you think.

And if you can't open the attachments:

http://i14.tinypic.com/2ex4tu8.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/2vwgvq1.jpg

post-186-1176410544_thumb.jpg

post-186-1176413333_thumb.jpg

post-186-1176410544_thumb.jpg

post-186-1176413333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godspeed You! Black Skummy

Very nice graphics. They seem to work incredibly well and they're in fact two of my favourite graphics I've seen on this forum ever. You've stopped on the thin line between underdoing the Photoshop effects and overdoing them.

Oh and nice use of Placebo lyrics too. :shifty:

The first one is nice. The second one is very, very nice.

The second is my favourite of the two, and is well sexy.. don't change a thing... it's beautiful.

The first is a little plain, I think it would make a good flyer rather than a poster. I think the small text should be bigger for a poster. The second one would draw me across a room to look at it.. the first wouldn't, so the text should be bigger so people don't have to walk across the room.

One thing I would suggest about both of them though, the vice logo is a little one dimensional. I think that it needs a little depth. Certainly not a bevel, or drop shadow or anything so cliche, but try adding a faint satin effect (The blending modes version).

But yeah. Both very sexy.

Thanks a lot guys...unfortunately there is more information needed on both, which kind of annoys me as there's so little room on the second one, and I don't want to have to change it up much at all, so I'm working on trying out a few things so as not to make it look too cluttered at the moment.

I agree about the first one looking more like a flyer, and I probably will end up using it as such either instead of or as well as a poster. The only real advantage it has so far is that it has more white space, so I can stick the extra info (names of DJs, etc.) in there and move things around quite freely without it looking too cluttered, whereas on the second it looks like I may have to put the text in the second purple panel, which I'd rather not do, but the alternative would be to cover up the model's face, which I'm definitely not doing, it's far too beautiful a shot.

I agree about the VICE logo needing a little something, I was thinking that when I was last working on them, but couldn't think what, so I'll try your suggestion.

I'll post the finished products when they're done. There's a few more photos from the same shoot that are too good to waste, too, so I might do something with them later on.

This photo, for example, is far too good to do nothing with. I doubt I can make a poster out of it, but I'm going to incorporate it into something, maybe just project the whole shoot across the monitor screens in the club, which is a little pretentious, but there's no way I'm letting it go to waste

post-186-1176647772_thumb.jpg

post-186-1176647772_thumb.jpg

Edited by Godspeed You! Black Skummy