The Spotify Thread

Gabriel

Apologies if we have one that I didn't go dig up on an older page, but I have run into a problem with Spotify and was wondering if anyone else has come across this.

I can play music just fine if I've got it saved to a playlist or just through my "Liked Songs".

But if I try to view an album, it literally just goes to a blank screen. The controls are still at the bottom and everything, but where it would normally display the album art, the songs and everything else, it's just empty.

Has anyone run into that? And if so, is there a fix?

I cleared the cache through the app. I un-installed and then re-installed the app. Still doing it.

22 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Do you have another platform you can try it out? Meaning if it's screwing up on your phone, does it work on a pc/laptop/tablet? May not get you an answer but could help narrow down if it's Spotify or the equipment. 

I'm leaning towards it being my phone, because it's old (Samsung Galaxy 5S)... and I can do everything like normal on the Spotify web player. Guess I'll just have to add my music through the web player until my phone stops playing the tunes at all.

Before someone suggests getting a newer phone, I don't have the money for that. My device isn't even connected as a phone. I use it fully to listen to Spotify and chat with my wife over Facebook while I'm on break at work.

8 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Nah I wouldn't suggest a new phone. This might be drastic, but could you back your files on your phone up and do a factory reset?

I could, but it seems like more trouble than just going to the web player to add/delete stuff from my library. I'm at my computer enough anyways, playing TEW constantly.

I definitely appreciate the suggestions though.

I was just getting kinda antsy about it because there's supposed to be new stuff from Alex Story/Cancerslug any day now and the new Wednesday 13 album drops tomorrow. But now that I know I can use the web player, it's not as pressing of a concern.

• Like 1

I always feel Spotify has regular issues that fix themselves occasionally. For ages mine objected to working offline, not bringing up any of my downloads which has suddenly resolved itself. Current flaw is that it now goes straight to the latest episode of any podcast when I'm inevitably 100 episodes behind. I'd just go with force stops and potentially reinstalls if needed, they usually sort themselves out.