Tears of the Kingdom.

K

I dunno why we never made a thread for this.

Anyway, I just beat the depths king gleeok for the first time, and you know what my reward was?

Spoiler

another identical cap. I have four identical green hats now. Cap of the Wild, Cap of Twilight, Cap of Time or whatever. Fuckin fuming. They're literally identical. I was expecting something hella cool, but it's the same fuckin hat I already had. 

• Like 1

There's really just such an incredible amount of things to do in this game. I'm through the Wind Temple and Water Temple but feel like, with all the stuff in the depths and the many things to do on the sky islands (a ton of which I can't even seem to reach from the Skyview towers), plus the various side quests, that I've barely scratched the surface of the game.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

shiiit. i think im nearly done. 

I just have to find the wells, do two side quests that are kind of just 'wait until it happens' kinda things, and that's it.

Only thing other than that is the big bad boss man i think

(In terms of quests, obvs I need koroks and schema stones and bubbelfrogs and whatever)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally beat the final boss. I made it far too easy on myself, and I think if you play the game as I like to you will be able to beat it with ease. To me, beating the main story is the culmination of my time with a game. I decided this time to do it before wrapping up everything else.

I've got plenty of shrines still to visit, a ton of the depths still to explore, and multiple other side quests but I feel as if I've done enough to put this way for awhile/forever. I found a lot of the shrines uninspired in TotK compared to BotW. Some were brilliant and fun, others were formalities. I do think the Rauru's Blessing shrines were generally great because you "complete the shrine quest" on the outside. Either by struggling to find it or a tricky puzzle integrated with the world.

Too many of the other quests feel like collectathons - the wells and the caves for instance. But for a lot of people that's the kind of stuff they love, and it's great they made a game that is open to so many different types of playing styles. I would say when compared with BotW you had more ways to play this. But you'll also never recapture that magic of the first exploration of Hyrule from BotW. Both are 10/10 and we're lucky to have Zelda games at an absolute peak.

I've been putting off beating the boss because I know I'll lose interest afterwards. I've done every shrine and every quest, so now I'm completing the monster hunter medals and upgrading all the clothes. 

Man, lizalfos tails are hard to get

2 hours ago, K said:

I've been putting off beating the boss because I know I'll lose interest afterwards. I've done every shrine and every quest, so now I'm completing the monster hunter medals and upgrading all the clothes. 

Man, lizalfos tails are hard to get

I found those the most frustrating. I wound up savescumming whenever I came upon Lizalfos because of how rare it was they dropped it.

• 2 weeks later...

I was putting off Ganon, but I finally decided to do it.

I was way overprepared for it, and think I lost maybe five hearts during the whole battle.

I had level 4 combat armour, weapons with over 100 strength, decent shields, multiple five shot bows. Think I did the whole thing with one bow and one sword.

It was fun. I completed the game with just under 85% completion.

I completed every shrine, every quest, side quest and side adventure. I found all the wells, minibosses, compendium things.

If I can be bothered I would like to level up all the clothes, I don't have many left but farming Lizalfos tales suckkkkkks.

I have a couple more signguys to find. 

I have 605 of 1000 koroks.

10 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

The Lizalfos tails felt like a deliberate attempt to preclude most people from getting their armor stronger knowing that the endgame is a cakewalk if you do that.

They're so difficult. The drop rate is supposed to be 25%, but it feels much lower, and you need SO MANY of them.

I need about 30 tails to upgrade one outfit another level, which is 120 more lizalfos, that's nuts.