I've started building a 1986 scenario

There's still a ton of work to do, and I can't guarantee how frequently I'll be posting updates, but I'm off to a start for what will be the most accurate and in-depth 1986 scenario I have personally seen. So far, I have at least partial (workable) rosters and television data for the following companies:

Jim Crockett Promotions

Central States (Kansas City)

Pacific Northwest Wrestling (Portland)

Championship Wrestling from Florida

American Wrestling Association

Atlantic Grand Prix Wrestling

World Wrestling Council (Puerto Rico)

World Wrestling Federation

Continental Wrestling Association (Memphis)

Continental Championship Wrestling (Alabama/Gulf Cost/East Tennessee)

Texas All-Star Wrestling (San Antonio)

NWA Polynesian (Hawaii)

World Class Championship Wrestling

Mid-South Wrestling

All Japan Pro Wrestling

New Japan Pro Wrestling

EMLL (Mexico)

UWA (Mexico)

World Wrestling Association (Mexico)

Stampede Wrestling

All Japan Women's Pro Wrestling

Gulf Athletic Club (Houston)

Dale Martin Promotions (UK)

Vancouver All-Star Wrestling

World Wrestling Association (Indianapolis)

International Championship Wrestling (Angelo Savoldi's group in the northeast US)

Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling

There's still a ton of work to do - finalizing rosters and television shows, fleshing out staff, sponsors, setting stats, wages, and relationships, entering data for teams and factions, etc. I think I've got a lot of the belt information down. I've been trying to keep things as accurate to January 1, 1986 as I can, so there may be instances right now where, for example, someone could end up saying, "How can you not have (American Talent A) working for All Japan?" and the answer is that I'm building things off of the first month of the year as much as possible. I'm potentially open to adding touring commitments for guys who didn't start until later in the year, we'll just see how it goes. 

I have a full time job, I'm getting a bachelor's degree, I help my fiancee with her small business, and we have 8 animals to care for, along with trying to make time for family, friends, and our own sanity. So I'll probably be running hot and cold on how much work I get to put in for any given week, but I am dedicated to getting this done and sharing it. From time to time, I may ask for input, but there are some things I'm just not interested in budging with.

I don't want to add workers who hadn't actually debuted yet. Yes, it changes the entire landscape if the Rock never debuts, but in 1986 he wasn't on the radar. I don't believe in anyone having 100 or 0 ratings in anything. The biggest example I've seen in historical scenarios is Andre the Giant having 0 in speed. To me, that means he can't move at all. Was he slow and stiff in 1986? Absolutely. But he could in fact move, he was not literally the immovable object. I think ratings in the 90s should be rare. 

I also have to figure out the wage situation, because a problem I have frequently encountered with the historical scenarios  is the remaining territories purging their entire main event and even upper midcard scene immediately. A big example that I remember was starting a 1990 scenario as WCW, and within the first couple of days, Memphis had released every name that wasn't Jerry Lawler with his unsackable agreement. It's just not realistic. 

I'll stop being long winded, and I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible until I get it finished and shared. I welcome any feedback, suggestions, etc. I hope people will be as interested in this as I am. 

• Like 4

This is AMAZING.

Plus, you  have a full time job,  getting a bachelor's degree, with a fiancee and her small business, and and 8 animals to care for, along with trying to make time for family, friends, and sanity?

The above line looks like a joke.

Kudos on you for doing this.

Your passion reminds me of mine, as a high schooler into college person. Big difference; the responsibility you carry.

Please continue. 

From my own experience, I can say, when you think you're writing for yourself, you're writing for many.

I may not post, regularly, but like many, I am here.

--edit*

the research that you've done on this, along, is amazing enough.

*popcorn* 

18 hours ago, SirEdger said:

If it's for TEW 2020, definitely gonna consider giving it a try once it's all said and done!

Right now, its EWR as I've never actually even tried TEW yet. I would definitely consider trying to put that together too if I could figure out what I was doing!

17 minutes ago, I am Javert said:

This is AMAZING.

Plus, you  have a full time job,  getting a bachelor's degree, with a fiancee and her small business, and and 8 animals to care for, along with trying to make time for family, friends, and sanity?

The above line looks like a joke.

Kudos on you for doing this.

Your passion reminds me of mine, as a high schooler into college person. Big difference; the responsibility you carry.

Please continue. 

From my own experience, I can say, when you think you're writing for yourself, you're writing for many.

I may not post, regularly, but like many, I am here.

--edit*

the research that you've done on this, along, is amazing enough.

*popcorn* 

Thank you! It's a bit crazy and there are times that I feel like all I do is work of some kind. I think part of the reason I started this is that it's something I can easily do for a few minutes here and there while taking a break from writing a paper or after work or whatever. I know there's a ton of research left, especially when it comes to trying to figure out stats for people I'm not at all familiar with. But I have been enjoying it, and it's something I know I've wanted to see for years, so I was optimistic that there would be interest. 

A good thing is that once it's done, I can tweak it here and there and make scenarios for the following years as well.

• Like 4