Official fantasy football help and advice thread

Enter Blue Guy

I am in dire need of fantasy football help. After going 2-0 in the first two weeks of play, my team has slipped to 2-3 without me even noticing until this week. I wasn't too keen on some players intially, seeing as I missed the draft (hence why I have 3 Atlanta players) and they were picked for me, but after a strong 2-0 start I thought maybe they wouldn't too bad after all. But now I need some guidance. Who can I drop/add to make my team better? I've included the top 6 or 7 RB's, Qb's, and WR's available to pick up, but I am open to sleeper suggestions, players who are under the radar but will give me some points if possible. I'm ok on defense and kicker, as everything available is shit. I think I'm clear in the QB department too, but I'm up for suggestions there too..I just wish I had somebody besides Vick as starting QB, there is no way I'm giving him up. Help me please.

My team

QB M. Vick (Atl - QB)

WR J. Walker (GB - WR)

WR A. Lelie (Den - WR)

WR P. Price (Atl - WR)

RB L. Tomlinson (SD - RB)

RB D. Davis (Hou - RB)

TE A. Crumpler (Atl - TE)

BN A. Toomer (NYG - WR)

BN E. George (Dal - RB)

BN D. Branch *DTD (NE - WR)

BN Da. Clark (Ind - TE)

BN M. Williams (Min - RB)

BN D. Carr (Hou - QB)

K J. Wilkins (StL - K)

DEF Minnesota (Min - DEF)

top players available to pick up

QB's

J. Garcia (Cle - QB)

B. Leftwich (Jac - QB)

J. Delhomme (Car - QB)

J. Plummer (Den - QB)

T. Rattay (SF - QB)

C. Palmer (Cin - QB)

WR's

D. Driver (GB - WR)

M. Clayton (TB - WR)

M. Muhammad (Car - WR)

K. Colbert (Car - WR)

Q. Morgan (Cle - WR)

Re. Williams (Jac - WR)

D. Givens (NE - WR)

RB's

K. Jones (Det - RB)

W. McGahee (Buf - RB)

S. Jackson (StL - RB)

W. Green (Cle - RB)

T. Duckett (Atl - RB)

R. Dayne (NYG - RB)

Side note, I just dropped Garcia for Carr, which I believe was a good seeing as Jeff has been doing sub-par and Carr is actually putting up some half decent points.

Your RBs are fine, in fact, they could hardly get any better with Tomlinson there, so we'll just skip that.

Your wide-outs are sub par, but WRs aren't that important in FF, much less then the RB. Though there aren't too many people you could pick up.

As for QB, Vick is a real boom or bust fantasy QB. He's a winner, but he's more likely to put up decent, but not spectacular numbers, with an occasional explosion. A pure passing QB is going to get you more points.

Looking at this, I'm thinking you are in the EWB league, so really... I got the last decent QB when I picked up Roethlisberger :P. The only thing I can think of to bolster your team would be to pick up McGahee, since Henry is struggling.

Well since this is the official thread, trying to decide which of my QBs to put it for next game. Have Brooks and Carr, up till last game Brooks was putting up better numbers but last game Carr put up his best performance of the season and Brooks did pretty much the opposite...Now Brooks is going against Minnesota and Carr is up against Tennessee. So should I keep Brroks in and hope he bounces back or go with Carr.